Pork, Ghee...its Time To Roll....

Let's make a list of things ..

Guys ,

Lets make a list with all our request/pleas in a .txt file or a word document and post it to this thread. Then we can edit that list , if we need to add any changes. That way we have a controlled copy to refer to.

Paul , since you pointed out the most pressing issues earlier , can you please make it a document and post it to this thread ?

Thanks,

Here is My Draft

We need to have our wants finalized by Monday, so they can be sent on to the AILA conference next week.

How about if we keep the first 2 as ..

1. Immediate Action to expedite processing I-485 cases to clear the current back log.
  2. To bring the processing time to under 350 days, as was the case prior to Nov 2002.
    [/list=1]

Please add....

Removal of FP expiration. Or explanation of why it's good only for 15 months.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
suggestion

Is it possible to get a petition signed by all of us and a few amongst us go and meet the Nebraska BCIS Director in person ?

Re: suggestion

Originally posted by tan67
Is it possible to get a petition signed by all of us and a few amongst us go and meet the Nebraska BCIS Director in person ?

It would be better if some immigration lawyers went and meet them, rather than us going and getting the same response as we get on calling them and read on online responses.
AILA should be the right place to bring up all the issues.

As you know VSC processes 6-8 cases everyday as compared to 1-2 cases at NSC. What could be the reason for this....
1. Competency
2. Less Cases
3. Better processing system
4. Better management

They should start transfering persons from one location to another to make all the centers equally effective.

Anyway the main issue is to bring the time of approval to less than 365 days from filling of 485.

Can someone answer this...
What use to happen when H1B quota was only 65,000 as compared to 195,000 for the last 3 years?
I understand that they might have other cases to handle at that time, but you all know that quota is expected to come back to 65000 next year. So will that decrease the waiting period :confused: .

I wish I had applied for an H1B for a job in NSC center, atleast I would know what is going on. I would have moved my file personally from one desk to the other.:D

Re: suggestion

If you want to take a delegation, we can try to set it up for you.

To Bell the cat

Who will bell the Cat ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I am ready to volunteer. I sure can take a couple of days off and go to the dragons den !!!
We need to organize and get a petition ready.
Maybe some big guns like pork ghee, orca etc might want to chip in.
Any help from Mr Khanna would be much appreciated !!!
I think if this meeting is arranged through the good offices of Mr. Khanna, it would have more impact.
Maybe some press coverage even from Tabloids would be excellent.
I can see the headlines :

Modern day Kunta Kinteys meet BCIS to be free of bonded labor`

Re: To Bell the cat

Who will bell the Cat ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I am ready to volunteer. I sure can take a couple of days off and go to the dragons den !!!
We need to organize and get a petition ready.
Maybe some big guns like pork ghee, orca etc might want to chip in.
Any help from Mr Khanna would be much appreciated !!!
I think if this meeting is arranged through the good offices of Mr. Khanna, it would have more impact.
Maybe some press coverage even from Tabloids would be excellent.
I can see the headlines :

Modern day Kunta Kinteys meet BCIS to be free of bonded labor`

Re: press, there are two schools of thought. One, it is good for us. Second, it is bad to attract publicity for unpopular causes.

Regarding the original school of thought ...

do we have the list of items , (in order of priority) for the AILA meeting ?

Try This

It will need reworking if you want it to be suitable for AILA. I was writing it with the mind that we would present it to the BCIS directly.

Typo in the document ..

Paul ,

The average time to process an I-485 case in Nov 2002 was around 350 days not 150 days as mentioned in the document.
Hope we catch that before we send it to them.

Re: Try This

Originally posted by paulclarke1
New Draft

Seems perfect. Should send to both BCIS and AILA, as suggested by other senior members.
Do not delay, and take action this week itself.

I would be thankful, if somebody could shed light on the processing methodology of different centers. Why some are fast and some slow, even though they have same number of cases?

Whats Next

Ok, from more careful proofreading I noticed a couple of small errors. Here is the corrected draft.

What are are missing in this is a statement about who we are, and a proposal for the next step.

Are we. "An informal group of employment based prospective immigrants?"

Are we proposing a meeting with the BCIS? If so who will represent us? How to we ensure that those people speak on our behalf?

Looks good..

Anybody think yet of offering our collective technical skills to help BCIS? People in this process tend to have a far higher percentage of IT types than your general population. I for one, and I suspect many others, would gladly offer my evenings/weekend time pro bono to implement some technical need for BCIS. A simple example : a statistical analysis web-based tool that would provide accurate information on case processing. Half the calls they get would be eliminated if only people would have some info to help them apply general patterns to their specific case (i.e. predict how long before they get their Nebraska petition approved)

I can only see this as a win-win scenario.

Re: Looks good..

Originally posted by SirZ
Anybody think yet of offering our collective technical skills to help BCIS? People in this process tend to have a far higher percentage of IT types than your general population. I for one, and I suspect many others, would gladly offer my evenings/weekend time pro bono to implement some technical need for BCIS. A simple example : a statistical analysis web-based tool that would provide accurate information on case processing. Half the calls they get would be eliminated if only people would have some info to help them apply general patterns to their specific case (i.e. predict how long before they get their Nebraska petition approved)

I can only see this as a win-win scenario.

By law, government cannot accept free work for most causes.

Last edited by a moderator: