Pork, Ghee...its Time To Roll....

Originally posted by operations
Long day. Corrceted. Thanks. :)

You count by days, we count days by number of approvals and messages we get from boards and forums....

Anyway Hope Sustains Life.

Thanks for your support.

add one more item to the word document

If we can add this item in Paul Clarke's word doc, would be nice:

8.a. BSIS is issuing RFE on most pending cases. A process needs to be in place to to reduce RFEs (numbers show NSC has more RFEs than VSC)

8.b. An effective process in place to process RFE cases in a timely manner. Some RFE cases are adjucated in few weeks while others go as long as 6 months.

Any news on this front ?

Did we manage to send the petition to the AILA conference and to the NSC Director ?

Did we learn anything about the delays (and what steps will be taken to fix those ) at the AILA conference ?

Just Curious ?

Re: Whats Next

Originally posted by paulclarke1
Ok, from more careful proofreading I noticed a couple of small errors. Here is the corrected draft.

What are are missing in this is a statement about who we are, and a proposal for the next step.

Are we. "An informal group of employment based prospective immigrants?"

Are we proposing a meeting with the BCIS? If so who will represent us? How to we ensure that those people speak on our behalf?

I don't think we can send a letter until we know who we are, who we represent, and what how we propose to moce forward.

Any progress in presenting our issues...

in AILA's meetings with BCIS.

I see, on immigration-law.com, there was AILA's Washington update. But no mention of I-485 (or even AOS) in there!

StillWaiting...

AILA meeing is between Jun 18 - 21

Stillwaiting2,

The AILA meeting is between Jun 18 - 21 and we will come to know only on/after Jun 23.

BTW did we send the doc to AILA or BCIS?.

Gama
RD 5/21/2003
ND 5/22/2003

How Do We Send It

How do we send it if we do not know who we represent or what we propose to do to move forward.

W must answer these questions before we can send it to anyone, otherwise why would anyone want to talk to us.

Re: How Do We Send It

How do we send it if we do not know who we represent or what we propose to do to move forward.

W must answer these questions before we can send it to anyone, otherwise why would anyone want to talk to us.

Just prepare what you want. I will get it ito the right hands, with or without AILA's help. Let me know when things are done. I will review it and then forward it.

So how do we and who of us ....

... decide as to when we are done?!

We have seen several drafts on this thread. Are we finalized yet?

The last I remember was from PaulClarke1. I guess that had things that we needed to say.

Have we started another thread for this?

Pork / Ghee and other informal lead volunteers, let's decide when we are done, so that Mr. Rajiv could take it further.

This way we will go nowhere!

StillWaiting...

No One Has Taken Up The Questions I Posed

I think the draft we have is good (of course I do I wrote it), but we do not state who we are or what we want to do next.

I posed two questions the other day to include in the draft.

1/. Are we "An informal group of employment based prospective immigrants?"

2/. What do we want to do first. Are we proposing a meeting/conference call. How do we follow up.

If we send the letter as is we will likely get a polite reply that they will keep our comments on file.

We must let them know that we have a constituency and a mandate. Also that we are proposing to do something to follow this up. Unless we can do that we will be dismissed as not being serious about this.

Also beyond the letter, if we in the unlikely event got them to take a meeting, who would represent us, how would they be selected.

PaulClark21...

...Valid questions.

So are we lost still? I guess there were some volunteers on this thread.

Mr. Rajiv,
You are saying that you would get it into right hands. However, as pointed by PaulClarke1, how do we know that after that there would not be just a curt reply – “Thanks for your concerns and this will be looked into.” – but some action taken or to the very least some assurances as to by when one may see the results or why whatever is happening is happening. [Please comment whether what PaulClarke1 and I are saying is not appropriate.]

All our co-boaters, are we all on the same page here? Please come forward if any of us thinks otherwise.

StillWaiting…

Paul / stillWaiting ,

I agree with you both. We do need a bunch of people to represent this forum, which at the moment has the direction and the momentum but lacks an identity.

These representatives will obviously have to reveal thier real names , at least to each other , and should even be willing to communicate with folks at the NSC.

If need be , we all might have to reveal our identities just to prove our strength (in numbers) to make an impact. Otherwise this is similar to calling in and talking to an IIO or sending in a written inquiry. Now we all know what happens to those , don't we ? :rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents ...

As far as I know

ISN is not around. We are trying to build a similar effort for all. See our announcement in every forum.

You want real people to respond, you will need to get organized; create some team leaders; get your agenda and specific steps down. I will help. Your leaders can call me. We will conference call and go over everyhing. What I do not know, I will find out.

ISN's Web Site Is Active

ISN does have an active web site that seems to be maintained.

Op's.
As for the con call why don't you schedule it and set up a sign in sheet, we can then discuss our first steps.

ISN is dead

We folks from the TSC forum have tried contacting (emails/phone calls) to ISN no responses. Emails for more than half the directors in ISN bounced back. So we presumed it as dead. While the website might be active if you look at the content they are frozen at around 2000 time frame.

Re: ISN's Web Site Is Active

ISN does have an active web site that seems to be maintained.

Op's.
As for the con call why don't you schedule it and set up a sign in sheet, we can then discuss our first steps.

If two-three people want to start off the conversation and take lead, we can do it tomorrow. Otherwise, I will have our office look into a larger call facility. What do you all want?

Re: Count me In

I am in.

Paul, once you folks have decided, call 703-908-4800, Xtension 108. Speak with Ms. Homa Naderi. Tell her I had asked to set up a call. She will do so within 24 hours.