Pork, Ghee...its Time To Roll....

Conference Call Particpants

If we are to move this forward we need to talk. Mr Khanna's office has agreed to facilitate this. My proposal is that we schedule this for 9:00AM US Pacific Time (12:00PM Eastern) Thursday 26th June.

Please nominate here if you plan to participate. Once we have a quorum I will schedule the call with Mr Khanna's office and post the call in details here.

During that conference call we should;

* Obtain agreement on our future course of action (if any).

* Discuss the points raised in the draft letter.

* Establish a mailing list of volunteers.

Unless we get particpation this effort will fail.

Contact Homa

Please let me know when this has been finalized.

Regards,
Homa

PaulClarke1, do we have any plans...

... of how are we to conference in. I am not sure every one of us who wants to attend the conference (call) could call 703-908-4800, Xtension 108 (at the same time)!

I guess the phone has to have some conferencing arrangements / facilities. We might have to mutually finalize the procedure with operations and then disseminate it on this thread.

I would be interested in attending the conference call, subject to early finish of my meeting (running 10:00-11:30).

StillWaiting…

Regarding Conference Call

It is to my understanding that the group will organize a conference call with a few members to discuss the issues with
Mr. Khanna.

Once this is decided upon, please let me know in advance so I can arrange it in Mr. Khanna's schedule.

Thank you,
Homa

Conference Call

I have scheduled a conference call with Mr Khanna for 8:00AM Pacific Time (11:00AM Eastern) for Friday 27th June, 2003. Will those people who have nominated their desire to participate please call in to the number below at the nominated time.

DIAL-IN NUMBERS:
USA Toll Free Number: 888-810-4932

PASSCODE: 39258

CALL DATE: JUN-27-2003 (Friday)
CALL TIME: 08:00 AM PACIFIC TIME
DURATION: 1 hr

Re: Conference Call

Originally posted by paulclarke1
I have scheduled a conference call with Mr Khanna for 8:00AM Pacific Time (11:00AM Eastern) for Friday 27th June, 2003. Will those people who have nominated their desire to participate please call in to the number below at the nominated time.

DIAL-IN NUMBERS:

Paul, let Homa know if we need to moderate or you can moderate the call. You may also want to float a brief agenda regarding what we will be talking about. Regards to all.

DIAL-IN NUMBERS:

Agenda

* Obtain agreement on our future course of action (if any).

* Discuss the points raised in the draft letter.

* Establish a mailing list of volunteers.

485 Infinite loop theory

Can we also add a section regarding the hardships faced during the 485 processing. Expiring EAD, AP, FP, medicals. I have trouble with my driving license too. As CA only issues until valid EAD.

Gurus, please format the above scenario. This might provide some insight to BCIS/senators on our plight..

Re: 485 Infinite loop theory

Originally posted by GreenGuy
Can we also add a section regarding the hardships faced during the 485 processing. Expiring EAD, AP, FP, medicals. I have trouble with my driving license too. As CA only issues until valid EAD.

Gurus, please format the above scenario. This might provide some insight to BCIS/senators on our plight..

May I suggest that we must have specific examples of hardships. People need to write down specifically how this is affecting their lives. Tell me if we need to set up a petition type interface.

Expiration Loop

I posted the above message before I read the document you guys prepared.

I totally agree that this could be some kind of a petition explaining the hardships and experiences from different people.

I will start posting my experiences. So lets make this a separate parallel process as I do not want to side track the ongoing process you guys are carrying on.

If we are ready with the petition by the time our group meets BCIS, we can attach the petition as a copy..

Thanks,
GG

Hi Guys,

Thanks to all of you for doing such wonderful job and taking initiatives. And thanks to Rajiv Khanna for this great site and helping all of us.

Recently I have seen the Nebraska office denying a lot of 485 and my case is one of them. Due to my company merger, lawyer applied for I-140 Amendment which got approved, but 3 months down the line he receives a denial letter saying old I-140 revoked, which never was denied and nobody ever received any I-140 revocation letter. Recently applied for Motion to Reopen.

I was about to buy a house, now I have taken few steps backwards. I probably am going to lose my job, which is on H1 and my wife will also lose her job as she is on EAD, which will expire soon and the EAD renewal is also on RFE.

My only concern is why does INS not issue a RFE on 485 instead of denying it directly.

Thanks,
Joyin55

Originally posted by joyin55
Hi Guys,

Thanks to all of you for doing such wonderful job and taking initiatives. And thanks to Rajiv Khanna for this great site and helping all of us.

Recently I have seen the Nebraska office denying a lot of 485 and my case is one of them. Due to my company merger, lawyer applied for I-140 Amendment which got approved, but 3 months down the line he receives a denial letter saying old I-140 revoked, which never was denied and nobody ever received any I-140 revocation letter. Recently applied for Motion to Reopen.

I was about to buy a house, now I have taken few steps backwards. I probably am going to lose my job, which is on H1 and my wife will also lose her job as she is on EAD, which will expire soon and the EAD renewal is also on RFE.

My only concern is why does INS not issue a RFE on 485 instead of denying it directly.

Thanks,
Joyin55

Why? Partly because we let them and partly because you are dealing with an agency whose regulations and procedures are too complex for themselves to understand fully. File a law suit. That will straighten things out. I have a case like this, but clients are hesitant to take firm steps. Arrrgh!! Makes me mad, but I must respect their wishes (and their ability/desire to pay even the bare minmum it costs us for a law suit like this).

Thank you everyone for taking up the cause and making an initiative. As I read this thread, I understand it is an open invitation conference call and I am planning on attending it tomorrow. Please let me know if it is only "By Invitation only" call.
Otherwise I will conf in tomorrow. Hope we can make a difference.

Originally posted by cinci2002
Thank you everyone for taking up the cause and making an initiative. As I read this thread, I understand it is an open invitation conference call and I am planning on attending it tomorrow. Please let me know if it is only "By Invitation only" call.
Otherwise I will conf in tomorrow. Hope we can make a difference.

I am not sure. I know I will be there folks.

Thank You

I want to thank everyone who attended the conference call. We did not take registrations but I think we had a fairly large group. I recorded the call and will write up minutes and post them here and in other places on this site.

Paul.

I really appreciate your effort and Rajiv's effort. The call was very good.

Once again thanks buddy for arranging the call and all the speakers on the call

Parshu