Phoenix AZ - N-400 Timeline

To be honest I don't know how they handle expired GC over a year or more... Technically your LPR never expires, but can be removed, your certainly in violation of your LPR if you dont carry your GC all the time (allot of peeps don't)

As for your friend, she is basically in deep doo doo... Sounds like they name checked before FP, she turned up for the appointment and they were waiting, hoping she would. Failing to return to court is probably enough reason for her to be deported after any prision/fines... Even if she got lucky and managed to remain in the country and renew her GC, she can never apply for citizenship. She needs a REALLY good lawyer...

Hope you get your FP soon...

They didn't even have to scan her. She was detained as soon as they called her name. She is still detained. The guy in charge of her case in Arizona, where that happened, was there. She is being held by the U.S. Marshalls. I know, failure to report over $10k at the border is a major offense. I've heard of people going back to their country w/ large amounts of cash and they get caught and the cash gets seized.
She was first detained back in Nov/Dec 2003, she was held for about a week and let go w/o Bond, but had to go back to court. She never did. Meanwhile her GC expired. Now, all of a sudden she wanted to make ammends w/ her situation. But she started w/ the GC. I knew she would get arrested, I just didn't think it would be at the FP appt. I advised her not to do it that way, I even advised her way back when she was first arrested, to continue going to her court hearings and all that, but she refused, now after all this time she wants to get it "fixed". I feel bad for her, but I think she will serve time, if found guilty, and get deported. what do you guys think? even without a criminal record, do they offer a way to renew your GC if it's been expired more than a year?? That would be a red flag for me.

I'm not an attorney, but it doesn't take one to to tell that your friend is in some SERIOUS TROUBLE. Besides having to face the original charges, she will also be charged with failure to show up in court. Whenever an individual fails to show up in court, a bench warrant is issued for his/her immediate apprehension and arrest. Apparently, the U.S. Marshals notified the USCIS of your friend's bench warrant and waited for a convenient time and place to arrest her. In my humble opinion, her main concern should be how to avoid a prison sentence, not GC renewal. Your friend needs to retain a well-qualified attorney and do so quickly. There's no easy way out of this one.

I don't know when her hearing is. She's in Northern California, but apparently, they want to bring her back to AZ. I don't think she has an attorney yet. I told her she needed one to begin w/. But as you can see she's a bit stubborn. She thought she was safe, just because she got the FP Appt.:confused:

Thx, Weston. I hope I get it soon also.:rolleyes:

To be honest I don't know how they handle expired GC over a year or more... Technically your LPR never expires, but can be removed, your certainly in violation of your LPR if you dont carry your GC all the time (allot of peeps don't)

I don't think that expired GCs are strictly enforced. My original GC expired in the fall of 2002 and I didn't bother renewing it until summer 2004. When I went for my biometrics appointment, the renewal was processed at the AASC immediately after my FPs were taken. The IO put a sticker on the back of my existing GC, extending its validity for one year. The new GC arrived about a month later.

Oh, yeah. I know she's in big trouble. But try explaining that to her, beforehand! Hope she get's out of this one easy, is all I can say.

Phx_Girl, any updates? I posted my father's case status online in the "Case Status Online" thread. It seems that normal people have something funny on their online status. Just checking with you if you have an update or fingerprints yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phx_Girl, any updates? I posted my father's case status online in the "Case Status Online" thread. It seems that normal people have something funny on their online status. Just checking with you if you have an update or fingerprints yet.
:(
Nope, nothing yet....................:confused:

What do you mena "normal"? As in their case?

Normal, I mean that USCIS is not ignoring them. My father had his finger prints in October. We can't rely on my case 'cuz that is far from being normal :confused:

I am starting to feel your pain, cregan.
I'm going on three months now and now FP letter yet.
Feels like a bad sign to me.

Anyone knows how often do the have oath ceremonies in PHX DO? I had my interview a week ago. I know it's too early, but I was just curious.

I found the following link
http://www.azd.uscourts.gov/azd/courtinfo.nsf/court/files/$file/natzceremonies.pdf and I've attached the pdf file in case the link does not work

Good luck

Dad got his IL today :)
PD 9/22/2008
FP 10/15/2008
ID 1/20/2009

So happy for him but loosing my mind. So loosing my mind. why, why not me? I'm beyond tired of this unfairness. I'm a good person. Being good doesn't pay off :(

Congrats to all of you that made it in this impossible process
:)

Congratulations to your father, Cregan.
He's just rushing through the process, very much like Weston and AzKiwi.

Yep, now I have to help him study and get his docs ready. I have to step on my pride as I will not do this for myself in a long time.

I'm worried about your timeline. Have you called USCIS? or made an InfoPass? I took me 52 days for my FP, which was longer than a lot of people. I'm sad to know that someone else is being ignored like me. I hope yours will be destuck. Have you checked your case status online?

Thanks

I check my status online almost daily. Nothing changes.
I just got back in town, but I will make a trip to the PO tomorrow.
When I called USCIS, they said I should only worry after not receiving my FP letter for 7 months. Yeah, right!
I hope something happens soon, to our cases.

I called again today. Finally someone listened! or at least acted like they cared:p
She said I should have received my biometrics appt by now. :rolleyes:
So she set me up for an officer to look into my case at the beginning of Jan.
She said I should receive my appt. soon after that, or they'll email me to let me know they're working "slower than usual." (hah, as if that wasn't humanly possible)

Not much to go on, but I feel a little more comfortable to know my appt letter didn't just get lost in the mail and that "they'll look into it."

Anyone have any updates?
I see there will be a ceremony on Friday.

:)

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm happy that someone is looking into it. Make sure to follow up :) I had an IO tell me to call a few times a week, until they are bugged enough to look into my file :confused:

I received my Tucson 2nd FP, but I'm in Phoenix. Still waiting to get the promissed Phoenix 2nd FP notice. Tucson is far.

Hope to talk soon with good news. I think I've been good, I hope Santa will think about me :)

I wonder what the deal is, making people go to Tucson:confused:
Did your dad go to Tucson, or also request to have it changed? I'm guessing he just went w/ it, since he has his interview appt already.

I hope I'm scheduled here, but I would probably make the trip just so they don't get themselves confused further or have another excuse to slow my case. As if it needed to be slowed any further :mad:
As much as they charge for everything, and being a very important government office, you'd think they'd be more organized. My local welfare office is probably more organized than they have ever been.