Phoenix AZ - N-400 Timeline

Phx_Girl, I'm sad for you and understand your fustration. All the time I was waiting, I thought they were picking on me.

Have you been to an InfoPass? I suggest you do. Ok, here in Phoenix, some IO do not have bedside matters and they made me cry. Be nice and assertive when you speak with them. Ask to be scheduled for FP. They are gonna tell you you have to wait, but you need you bugggg them.

Call USCIS and ask to speak to a level 2 officer. They will tell you that you should not ask, but they have to transfer you if you ask. They will try to resolve the matter, but try to get to that lv-2 IO as they the first people you speak with do not have access to information beyong what is available on the online case status.

Write Letters ... to your DO, your Service Center, to WA ... requesting information. Include copies of your NOA receipt. Write them about your concern and explain to them that you are looking forward to your ID or something like that

A while ago a USCIS phone IO said to keep calling, calling a few times a week. The more we bug them the better chance we have for them to look into our case. Put inquiry requests

Write an inquiry request to DO asking to get your applicatation in status writing.

Definitely follow up on TH and ask about the IO that was suppose to look into your application. Very important to follow up.

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much, Cregan.

I know you understand my frustration. It seems like the FP letters are automated, almost as much as the NOA letters. So why haven't I received it.
Reading through the forum, I see posters that applied around the same time as me, and they already did their oath! Why can't I get a FP letter? ok, here I go again...

I will definately follow up on Thursday to see what happens. Thank you for all the information you have passed on to me. I will follow up. As they say, "the squeaky wheel gets greased."
I guess I haven't been "squeaky" because my husband keeps insisting this waiting is "normal". I'm glad other people don't think so, and I'm not over reacting.

Phx_Girl, squeak. I will again once my interview is complete until oath. My husband did not want or was not totally agreeing with filing the WOM, but I had to squeak as loud as I could :)

It's not normal waiting this long. USCIS will tell you it's normal, be assertive :) we know better

Nothing!

Last week, Friday, I was told that they had sent out a some kind of correspondence to me, supposedly mailed out Jan. 6th. She told me she didn't and coudn't see what it was regarding.

I guess that was false hope, 'cause I haven't received anything in the mail, and the rep I spoke to today, says that there's nothing on the computer that shows a letter has been mailed.
The service inquiry is still pending, according to today's service rep. I was told to call back next week to find out, if the officer looking into my case has done anything. As of today, they were not sure if one had been assigned or if the officer just hasn't finished reviewing it.
Um, I think I will call daily, until I get an agent more willing to help.

Nothing!

Last week, Friday, I was told that they had sent out a some kind of correspondence to me, supposedly mailed out Jan. 6th. She told me she didn't and coudn't see what it was regarding.

I guess that was false hope, 'cause I haven't received anything in the mail, and the rep I spoke to today, says that there's nothing on the computer that shows a letter has been mailed.
The service inquiry is still pending, according to today's service rep. I was told to call back next week to find out, if the officer looking into my case has done anything. As of today, they were not sure if one had been assigned or if the officer just hasn't finished reviewing it.
Um, I think I will call daily, until I get an agent more willing to help.

File an INFOPASS and eventually look for a sticky thread that will contain sample letters that you can write to different govt officials about your situation.

I am preparing the letters to 10 different people along with the addresses.
All you will need to do is download it, sign it and send it.

Phx_Girl, call daily and do your best to speak with a level 2 IO. Also, schedule an Infopass. Make 2 copies of your Infopass notice, they keep one and keep one for your records.

rick92 is correct, start contacting Representative. I can send you my list in Phoenix. Do your infopass and prepare your letters to get adminstrative help.

I want to see your case moving ... so keep us updated.

rick92, how come are they taking forever on your oath? They took their time with my ID ... I'm concerned about waiting for oath

OMG!!!:eek:
I had my fingerprint appt scheduled for Oct. 15th!
All this time, I've been calling and they keep telling me to wait 7 mos. before I start making a big deal out of it. I could quite possibly been scheduled for my interview by this time! Forget that, my case could have been denied!:mad:

This other lady on level 2, told me to go in on Saturday for my fingerprints and tell them the situation. She said next time have them transfer me to a level 2 officer right away.
She said this wouldn't have any negative affect on my application, except it would be delayed, because I hadn't gone in to get FP done.
I'm a little nervous INS will look at me strangely for missing my appt. and waiting so long to do them.

Do you have your notice? If not, make an Infopass asap and get a copy of your FP notice

http://infopass.uscis.gov
Click here for English > Make your appointment > Enter Zip & Continue > You need information or other services > Follow the instruction

when I make an Infopass some IO are not carying. Be nice and assertive. If the IO just tell you to go home and wait, ask to speak with a manager. Make sure to make reference to your phone conversation with a lvl 2 IO and they told you to get your FP done. It's not that difficult for them to print a notice

No, I never got the notice. The level 2 IO just told me over the phone today.
Do you think I'll need it to go in on saturday?
How long does an infopass appt. take?

Get FP done immediately

Phxgirl
I know we are able to do FP on different days than your appointment date.

Infact you can go today or tomorrow with your receipt notice and they might be able to help you.

There is no point in waiting for Saturday; in Phoenix they take people without appointment everyday.

2545 E. Thomas Rd.
Phoenix, AZ - 85016

It is at close to the junction of 24th St and Thomas..

Just wanted to provide my update as well
Phoenix D/O
NBC*000022XXX
12/26/08 Mailed N400 Application
12/29/08 Priority Date
1/3/09 Received Receipt Notice
1/6/09 Cashed Check
1/9/09 Received Fingerprint Notice
1/13/09 Fingerprint Completed
XXXXXXX Interview Notice Letter
XXXXXXX Interview Date
XXXXXXX Oath Letter Recieved
XXXXXXX Oath Taking Ceremony

Good luck to all

Rox

FP notice

Phx Girl

I just went through my FP notice.. Most of the details on it are like my receipt Notice, except for one barcode.

The people at the Phx office are very friendly..... I am very sure they will help you..

Just make sure you take your receipt notice and a copy.
Do not take any cellphone or electronic equipment with you...

If possible make the trip for 8 AM tomorrow morning..

Phxgirl
I know we are able to do FP on different days than your appointment date.

Infact you can go today or tomorrow with your receipt notice and they might be able to help you.

There is no point in waiting for Saturday; in Phoenix they take people without appointment everyday.

2545 E. Thomas Rd.
Phoenix, AZ - 85016

It is at close to the junction of 24th St and Thomas..

No they don't take you without an appointment every day, but they do on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Not sure how you will get on without the letter though, but good luck it looks like we were on the same schedule Phxgirl my original appointment was for Oct 15th (I think) and I did a walk in on Oct 1st cause I was going out of town.

Do they open at 8am? If so, I can do it tomorrow. My husband has minor surgery tomorrow morning and I have to drive him back due to the anesthesia.
He doesn't have to be there until 10am. If they open at 8am, we can probably make it to his appt. on time.
How’s their waiting time?
thx!

McTavish, you haven't received your ID yet?

Phx_Girl, if you do not have a notice go get one before you go FP. I think they wont let you take your FPs without the notice. In Phoenix, I think they have lots of Infopass times. Go through the process, it will give you a calendar. If you do it this week, maybe you can get FP on Saturday.

Rox, welcome. Seems as your timeline is good :) FP were done quick

Keep in touch

Thank you, Cregan.
I think I will stop by tomorrow morning. If they refuse, then I will schedule an InfoPass when I get back home.

Excuse my manners. Welcome, Rox. Seems everyone has a good timeline. Except for Cregan and I. Hopefully getting my fingerprints done will get things moving for me.

Two days after your FP are done, you can check with the FBI at (304) 625-5590. they will tell you that FP were processed, but they can't verify the name check. Once you know that USCIS has your FP from FBI, I would contact USCIS with lv-2 IO to see where your application is at. You shouldn't get delayed more than you got delayed :) just my 2 cents again, lol

Will you be downtown Phx? They have an Infopass machine there. Maybe you can make your appointment there and get it the same day? Bring your Green
Card. The address is 2035 N. Central Ave, Phx 85004 ~ diff from FP location