Phoenix AZ - N-400 Timeline

As I have filed after Oct 2008, I guess I do not have the option of taking the old test.

Any insights??

asdasd, you are correct. It will be the new test

Everyone, my father had his interview today. He passed and was told 2 - 4 wks for oath
:)

Dad's
Mailed 9/15/08
NOA 9/22/08
FP 10/15/08
IL 11/29/08
Interview 1/20/09

Congratulations to him!

Did he get a choice in tests? I know most people being interviewed, at least the ones I've read, have said they didn't get a choice, they were just given the old test.
How was the interviewing officer?
I'm scared they'll just want to chew me up and throw me out.

Phx_Girl, I understand ... I'm scared too. I am most scared of waiting for ever for the oath. I am studying for the old and reviewing the new. I think he did not have a choice to take the old.

He said the IO was very nice. He said that because he knows English he was told do answer the questions without hestiance as he could have it wrong if he was too slow. He was very happy with the interview :)

I hope we can say the same

You have the right to answer the new test, maybe you need to mention it at the begining, the IO I had said the old test was easier, maybe they think they are helping out:)

Yesterday I went thru the new test with my spouse, as both of most likely will have the interview the same day...

The test seemed simple enough..... I dont think it will be an issue.

I tried to look at the old test today and that seemed to have 80% of the questions that I could answer. The remaining 20% I think will need to be looked at, if there is any possiblity of the IO just choosing and going with the old one.

For now it is just waiting for the IL to come in the mail...

Was the interviewer pretty nice, McTavish?
I was in a hurry in the morning and didn't get to ask.
I'm so nervous about my interview. But I also want to get it over with.

I'll give it about 3 weeks before I really start calling USCIS again.

Yes he seemed a nice guy, don't worry I'm sure it will all go smoothly now that you nare back on track.

Question on interview
The IO that interviewed my father provided my father with his contact information so he could follow up with questions if any. I've read a few posts that this is common. Should I expect the IO to provide me with contact information too? Are they suppose to provide us with this?

I’d never heard of that, but I see a great advantage to that!
You have just one person to call and bug continuously about your oath.
Instead of having to explain your whole life story about how you immigrated to the USA and now you wonder where your oath letter is, every time you call the 1-800 number.;)

I'm so excited for you cregan! Your interview is just a week and a half away.
How are you feeling?

How I'm feeling?, thanks for asking :) very scared. I'm afraid of how long they will wait for my oath. It would be nice to get the IO's contact information :) but geese, already this wait, I think they don't like me :eek: and the contact information is probably out of question, lol

ok. I'm happy and can't wait ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The LA thread on this forum, has a list of all oath date at there offices.

Is it possible to find out Oath dates for next 2-3 months in Phoenix???

Thanks for the link... I never thought of looking for the Oath dates on the usdoj website

It seems we have lot more oaths in Phoenix(It is just not monthly as in many cities)

nah, I haven't called.
I figured I'd wait a couple weeks.
I'm planning on calling this week.

Go Cards!
We'll be at Westgate cheering them on;)