Phoenix AZ - N-400 Timeline

Hi. Just wanted to update on my case, nothing major, just that I received the receipt notice. But also wanted to keep the thread alive.

A question I have is, do their email updates really work? I signed up for email updates, but I wonder if they're really reliable. Have you received an email notice everytime they've sent you a mailed notice?

I ask because I used my PO Box as my mailing address, because we're in the process of moving and I don't want to loose any mail when I do the change of address. I also don't want to make unnecessary trips to the post office everyday. Maybe once a week or so, or if I receive an email update.

Thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

In my case their online status check and email notification did nothing. I also signed up at the beginning and received zero emails from them despite completing the whole process. Last time I checked, they still have my application at the service center awaiting process... :eek::eek::eek:

Don't think I can go through all that twice...:p

Good thinking with the PO box, I'd check twice a week if it were me (give it a few days, you only just recevieved you PD letter) Hopefully you wont get held up like cregan is and you'll follow a similar timeline to azkiwi and myself (my sig and azkiwi info from her first post show our timelines are pretty close).

Good luck

Weston08

Thank you very much for the heads up, Weston!

Darn I guess that means going every day to the Post Office. I'm pretty paranoid about that :D I was hoping their "email updates" were reliable. Fortunately, for me, the post office is not far from my daughter's school, I'll be heading there each day after dropping her off!
Well, honestly, I'm giving them 2 weeks-because I know how slow they are, then I'll be there each and every day - just in case. ;)

azkiwi

My father applied the same day as you. I have a question on your notice. It says "You will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office. You should expect to be notified within 365 days of this notice."

Does yours say that? I'm asking because mine says 180 days and it has been 455 days.

Thank you

Father's/DO Phoenix
Hand Delivered 9/15/08
Priority Date 9/22/08

Mine does say that.:eek:
I really do feel bad for you, Chantal. There's just no reason you should be this far behind. It's almost as if they said, "You know what, it's all too cluttered, let's leave those for later and start w/ a new batch!" :mad:

Your lawyer should definately be submitting a lawsuit, hopefully that will push things. They might have actually lost your file :eek: NOT good, but very possible, being them.
I wish you lots of luck on Wed!;)

Also from PHX here...talked to one nice guy during iNFOPASS...said my time frame is normal. waiting since 2006!

Phx_Girl, Thank you for responding. I hope you and my father have the same experience as Weston08 and azkiwi :)

USER2345, I know. When I speak with my lawyer or INS they tell me patience. When I speak with other people and my dad's attorney, they tell me that I have been waiting too long. Even the Office of the Senate told me that my application as been taking too long.

The Second Fingerprint is good new for you, right?

Chantal, your father flew to CSC and hand delivered his app ?

In your sig it say "InfoPass 9/12/08 - clearance all completed over yr ago. Found file in no process pile (436 days)" What the heck does that mean ? If they found it, then what's their excuse ?

As for the actual number they give, I've yet to see anyone post on here and say it was meaningful, same as their online status update, its unreliable.

I see you have another info pass scheduled tomorrow, see what they say this time and if its not good news, then I'd change lawyers to your fathers and take it from there :(

Father's/DO Phoenix
Hand Delivered 9/15/08
Priority Date 9/22/08

I'd keep an eye on that PO Box Phx Girl, we are on the same schedule I mailed my N400 same day as you and got the NOA on 9/20 as well. I recieved my fingerprint notice today.
Unfortunately I will be out of town on the scheduled date.

Rather than faff around with the 800 line I went down to the offfice on Thomas to see if I could reschedule, they said they do "catchup" on Wednesday and Saturday, you can just show up with your appointment letter and they'll fit you in.

So I'm off down again tomorrow morning to get it over with.

Seems Phoenix is still zipping along with the processing :)

WOW!:eek:
ok, I'm on my way to the Post Office in a bit!:D

Thx for the heads up!

Edit: No FP Letter for me, yet....

Phx_Girl, Thank you for responding. I hope you and my father have the same experience as Weston08 and azkiwi :)

USER2345, I know. When I speak with my lawyer or INS they tell me patience. When I speak with other people and my dad's attorney, they tell me that I have been waiting too long. Even the Office of the Senate told me that my application as been taking too long.

The Second Fingerprint is good new for you, right?

Some people say second FP is automatic,some people say it's good news. I hope it is good news. When I talked to the INS guy thru the bulletproof window, he told me my time line is typical. Right...

Weston08, I guess is lawyer did flew to the service center :) I don’t know. He said that he was going there to drop it off. I don’t know about my 9/12 infopass and other calls. Each time that I talk with someone they give me different information. The only consistent information I received, was when the office of Sen Jon Kyl called and they told him the same information I received at the InfoPass. By the way, I’m so happy to have found this site. Azkiwi told me to contact Jon Kyl. The contacted me and the INS on the same day and expressed their concern. I so value their professionalism :) I’m saying goodbye to my lawyer after the meeting tomorrow. I have to call my father’s lawyer too see how much he would charge to take over. Will be worth it. Thank you for keeping the support in this thread :)

User2345, I’m hoping it’s good news :) know what you mean. Many IO and my lawyer told me that it was normal. But with the nice people on this forum, my father’s attorney and the Senates office, I am understanding that we had too much patience :) our process is taking a while. Do you know if you passed your FBI and name check?

Thanks

Thanks for asking. It was difficult. The IO said that they can take as long as they want to process my application. I started crying. I feel bad, but I just cried. I feel so tired of the process. Then he told me that my application was placed in queue for interview on Sept 22. I hope it's true and he didn't say that to make me stop crying. I honestly feel tired from all this. I know I should put it behind me and wait, but I can't :)

Hi there,

Don't be ashamed of your tears, I really feel bad for you and all the others that are stuck...

Ironically, think about this, unless you actually know someone in real life and their time frame being really fast, going to forums actually fuels your frustration as you see others get their citizenships relatively quickly... otherswise you would be oblivious to it and would probably accept your time frame as normal, even though it is excessively long...:(

Now, don't take that the wrong way, I found talking/info on these boards to be very supportive and I encourage you to be here, its just a perspective thing you have to try and keep. (I understand it's difficult)

People with more experience and knowledge can advise you, but I was always under the impression that you could bring a lawsuit if USCIS were outside certain processing time frames...

Try to stay positive if you can and hopefully the IO was telling the truth and you will receive a IL soon, I wish you well,

Sincerest regards,

Weston.

Thanks for asking. It was difficult. The IO said that they can take as long as they want to process my application. I started crying. I feel bad, but I just cried. I feel so tired of the process. Then he told me that my application was placed in queue for interview on Sept 22. I hope it's true and he didn't say that to make me stop crying. I honestly feel tired from all this. I know I should put it behind me and wait, but I can't :)

Cregan...hope everything works out for you. I know how frustration this process is. If it makes you feel any better, you are 8 months ahead of me. I've been waiting since 2006!...

PS. I am trying this crying thing next time!..I want my interview too! :D

Crying definetely worked!..Got my IL today..!!!..Scheduled for late November at 7 am!..Do people actually wake up this early?..Holly crap! Psyched now!

Weston08, thank you. I thought about the lawsuit, but I don't want to go there :) If they could only tell me yes or no, I could move on. Even if they tell me we acknowledge that you passed your FBI and name check but we don't like you. That would be an answer. Now, they don't even say anything. I called yesterday. The lady was nice for a minute. She said has your case been pending for 6 or 7 months? I'll check were you are at." When I told her 15 months, she paused and said and repeated like a telephone machine "I am not allowed to tell you any information on your case." I tried to question, but she repeated the same message. She did slip about having to do the biometric. I questioned her about that and she said she didn't say anything about the biometric. that worries me as I did mine in Aug 07. Why do they have to be so mean? By the way, thanks for keeping in touch. It's nice to have you around and you are all done :)

USER2345, congratulations. That's funny and neat! Good Luck

Phx Gril, my father received his FP notice. Weirdly he has to go to Tucson, which it's far. I don't understand. I feel bad, it would have taken 30mins for phx, but it will take him 1:30 - 2 hrs for Tucson

Cregan...your case is somewhat withing normal processing time. Phoenix DO is one the slowest in the country if not the slowest. Most people wait for over a year.. Now that said, have you done any service requests? How about contacting McCain's office? What about confirming that interview date with an IO officer over the phone?

Out of curiosity, is your n400 based on a marriage and are you from eastern Europe by any chance? FBI seem to give hard time Russian women ( and men for that matter).