N-400 Fillings after July 31st

So what the Priority date will be, they received mine on OCT 18?
so they place this guy after me for processing?

The the priority date really is a week later than the actual date your application was received, your PD would be a week or so later than his (probably 10/24 or 10/25). Again, this is pure speculation on my part.

The the priority date really is a week later than the actual date your application was received, your PD would be a week or so later than his (probably 10/24 or 10/25). Again, this is pure speculation on my part.

Your priority date is the date that USCIS mail room received your application. In Nimche's case that is Oct 18.
The date of the receipt notice should not be confused with the priority date.

But the thing is, they are talking about the receiving date and not priority date. I have cases that they received it on for example 3rd of Feb. and on website shows the same date for receiving. I don't know, I am just trying to get rid of the stress.

Thank you anyway

But the thing is, they are talking about the receiving date and not priority date. I have cases that they received it on for example 3rd of Feb. and on website shows the same date for receiving. I don't know, I am just trying to get rid of the stress.

Thank you anyway

Don't stress yourself out since when it comes to processing your case it will be based on the date that USCIS received your application.

Not that kind of stress, but I am just sick and tired of the seperation from my wife for the last four years and just want to get it done and bring her over.

Thank you anyway

Hmmmm....if that's the case, I have no idea how they work. Bobsmyth posted that the priority date is the date your application is actually received. How exactly is it that an application received a day after yours has already been receipted?

On a side note, does anyone think it would be possible that they may actually throw out some applications mailed without a return receipt and claim that they were lost in the mail? By no means am I trying to stir up controversy, but wouldn't it help lighten their workload?

I think since that is the way they get paid I doubt it and it is for sure will lighten the work load but no Xmas money.

I think since that is the way they get paid I doubt it and it is for sure will lighten the work load but no Xmas money.

You're 100% right. I was getting a bit paranoid about the fact that I didn't attach a return receipt to my application. I sent it via regular Priority Mail.

I always do express and especially in this case with tracking number, but all and all you should be fine.
In worst case they will cash your check and give you reciept and give your fingerprint and then the lose your case. That is more logical for making money.

One thing, govermental agencies don't care about the workload, people who feel it and care, are the responsible people..

Nebraska Center

Ok..I was still trying to figure out my number (based on what is on the check..)..
I found that a smiliar number like mine show exact date (10/26/2007) as received.
So , out of curiousity..I added few numbers to see how far it shows..

Seems like the most recent notice shows date received on .. 10/26 ..
Considering difference from my application number (which may not be correct ..am guessing only)...there would have been around a 2000 notices sent a day...1953 as it seems..from the last notice number with 10/25 date and last notice number with 10/26..

Receipt Number: LIN*0011XXX99

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On October 26, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

this it another case, and no matter what you say I am getting mad:p

On October 22, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing...............

BTW, how can I find out how many N-400 application they recieve per month?

Ok..I was still trying to figure out my number (based on what is on the check..)..
I found that a smiliar number like mine show exact date (10/26/2007) as received.
So , out of curiousity..I added few numbers to see how far it shows..

Seems like the most recent notice shows date received on .. 10/26 ..
Considering difference from my application number (which may not be correct ..am guessing only)...there would have been around a 2000 notices sent a day...1953 as it seems..from the last notice number with 10/25 date and last notice number with 10/26..

Receipt Number: LIN*0011XXX99

On October 26, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I just hope this might help..
so if we have 2000 a day..on an average monthly 22 working days..
we are talking 24000 notices sent by Nebraska a month...

this it another case, and no matter what you say I am getting mad:p

On October 22, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing...............

BTW, how can I find out how many N-400 application they recieve per month?

Check my thread few weeks ago..

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=267468

You can check the main site to get the information you want...

Thank you.

Let me ask this last question for this minute:
If USCIS says that takes them about 4 weeks to enter a cashed check info. into the system, it simply means they finish enetring these case(example above) about one month ago and some days. They received this application on OCT 22nd (four days after mine) and his recipt # is lower than mine (about a week to two weeks) and info. has been enetered into the system. I am not paranoid about this but just trying to figure this out. I know FP problem is next. I kind of feel like a laboratory mice. USCIS: let give this guy a try!

As I've posted in the VSC thread, my check was cashed today (11/15/07), exactly 11 weeks since I mailed it. The ESC no. is only 10 characters (ESC1111111), as opposed to 13. Any idea what this means?

HERE IS ANOTHER ONE: California Service Center

On October 25, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION.....

One week after mine....

Is there anybody from California here, to share some number on reciept? Thank you

HERE IS ANOTHER ONE: California Service Center

On October 25, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION.....

One week after mine....

Is there anybody from California here, to share some number on reciept? Thank you

I got very similar results as you! When I plugged in arbitrary receipt numbers that were significantly lower than mine, some by as much as 15,000 (which was actually the highest number for which online status was available), the message read: "On September 17, 2007, we received...". My application couldn't have gotten there later than 9/4/07, being that I sent it via Priority Mail on August 31. I am completely stumped by this. Oh well, at least my check was finally cashed!

any news from you guys?
Mine still the same way

Nothing new. However, someone suggested that the date returned by the site after you enter a receipt number is actually the date the receipt was issued, not the priority date. Do you think there's any validity to this? If the receipts are not issued in numerical order (which is pure idiocy, if you ask me), then it's altogether possible that the date listed on the site is the date the receipt was issued, not the date the application was received.