N-400 Fillings after July 31st

My application was received at CSC on or around August 14th. My check was cashed on October 26th. But I haven't heard anything about the receipt or the fingerprinting notice.

What date should I anticipate for my fingerprinting? I'm planning to travel in December and now I am almost sure my fingerprinting will be scheduled when I am outside the country. Any recommendations on a work around?

Does the San Francisco ASC offer walk-ins?

Thanks!

USCIS is showing Sept. for issueing notice. You probably want to give them a call and ask for an IO. and plus I would consider the date they received you apps.

Good Luck

Out of this melting pot that we are sinking, once in a while they put their hands in and grab a case and process it very poorly, so I cann't expect much from this processing. I guess bad timing for applying and dealing with USCIS but we are stuck with them for couple more steps.

allright,
this FOIPA thing came back clear, as I thought but no sign of reciept from the Citizenship yet, I am still working on the close numbers but I have still a lot left to go.

allright,
this FOIPA thing came back clear, as I thought but no sign of reciept from the Citizenship yet, I am still working on the close numbers but I have still a lot left to go.

I've been plugging the numbers in also. However, VSC has been stuck at ESC*002065100 since last Friday. Any idea how often they update?

number are random, I have no idea on what basis but I know they jump from
WSC*002053384 to
WSC*002060946 and this number is just sitting there without any order and number in front of it nor behind this number.
I am trying to see what these numbers mean in order to figure where my case is located?

WSC*002053384 to
WSC*002060946 and this number is just sitting there without any order and number in front of it nor behind this number.
I am trying to see what these numbers mean in order to figure where my case is located?

Leave it to USCIS to do something as nonsensical as assigning random numbers to receipts. Also, if a receipt is supposed to be issued within 2-3 weeks after the check has been cashed, how is it that some applicants who had their checks cashed in September still haven't gotten their receipts? Makes one think whether or not there's any validity at all to what the USCIS says.

WSC*002053384 to

WSC = Western Service Center (CSC)
ESC = Eastern Service Center (VSC)
LIN = Lincoln (NSC)
SRC= Texas Service Center (TSC)

WSC = Western Service Center (CSC)
ESC = Eastern Service Center (VSC)
LIN = Lincoln (NSC)
SRC= Texas Service Center (TSC)

Thank you but I know these, I am talking about the number not initials. like 002 053 363 what does it mean? I am sure it has some meaning to USCIS staff.

Thank you but I know these, I am talking about the number not initials. like 002 053 363 what does it mean? I am sure it has some meaning to USCIS staff.

It's also possible that the software that they use to process applications generates a completely random number, once the data entry has been performed.

it might be a software doing this(which is true) but number goes up each time.
Each time a case worker wants to start a case, press NEW and case # probably will be given to him/er by the machine. But I have seen that number in other cases have meaning, like it show number of the month and year or week or day. I have no idea but I will figure out by the next 100 year.

Peace

it might be a software doing this(which is true) but number goes up each time.
Each time a case worker wants to start a case, press NEW and case # probably will be given to him/er by the machine. But I have seen that number in other cases have meaning, like it show number of the month and year or week or day. I have no idea but I will figure out by the next 100 year.

Peace

I just noticed a very large gap between some ESC numbers. The gap is about 5,000 numbers. I'm officially done trying to figure this out. :rolleyes:

Taken from other site:

The alphanumeric identifier is ten (10) digits in the format SRC-NN-NN-NNNNN. The first two (2) digits are the current fiscal year, the second three (3) are the sequentially numbered working day of the fiscal year (known as the Julian date) on which the case was originally receipted, and the final five (5) digits are a serial number (which always begins with 5)

However, it looks like USCIS uses a different system now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taken from other site:

The alphanumeric identifier is ten (10) digits in the format SRC-NN-NN-NNNNN. The first two (2) digits are the current fiscal year, the second three (3) are the sequentially numbered working day of the fiscal year (known as the Julian date) on which the case was originally receipted, and the final five (5) digits are a serial number (which always begins with 5)

You are right, I think they are only useing different numbers for Citizenship. But thanks for the info.

I am done fuguring this out as well.

Lets see what is next

You are right, I think they are only useing different numbers for Citizenship. But thanks for the info.

I am done fuguring this out as well.

Lets see what is next

I think the 205 in 002 053 363 may refer to the priority date in Julian calendar format. So 205 would be the 205 day of the year, which is July 24. That's my guess.

Taken from other site:

They are definitely using a different system. The number written on my check doesn't contain "5" in it. Also, some of the random numbers I entered into the USCIS site didn't have the number "5", yet they still returned a result.

I think the 205 in 002 053 363 may refer to the priority date in Julian calendar format. So 205 would be the 205 day of the year, which is July 24. That's my guess.

that is a god guess but mine is 219 which I applied in Oct.

My application was received at CSC on or around August 14th. My check was cashed on October 26th. But I haven't heard anything about the receipt or the fingerprinting notice.

What date should I anticipate for my fingerprinting? I'm planning to travel in December and now I am almost sure my fingerprinting will be scheduled when I am outside the country. Any recommendations on a work around?

Does the San Francisco ASC offer walk-ins?

Thanks!
CSC received my application on 8-21-07 and my check was cashed on 10-29-07. Although they have supposedly mailed receipt letters to everyone who filed an application before September, I have yet to receive mine. Anybody else file in August / Sept at CSC and not receive their receipt? Please update the forum so that we can try to make sense of all this. I wonder if there is any truth to what the USCIS posts on its web site.

the way you explained your situation I have to go and play some games till after the newyear, since I applied two months after you did. USCIS website doesn't tell you the truth if you read the footnotes but if I were you I would give them a call or schedule an Info Pass.

Good luck

the way you explained your situation I have to go and play some games till after the newyear, since I applied two months after you did. USCIS website doesn't tell you the truth if you read the footnotes but if I were you I would give them a call or schedule an Info Pass.

Good luck

Most likely USCIS will tell him to wait up to 90 days to receive receipt letter due to backlogs, eventhough their website says to call after 30 days. USCIS is good at contradicting information on their website.