N-400 Fillings after July 31st

I got my check cashed yesterday, so I think CSC is going fast (22 days) better to wait for 3 months.
By the way, why are you guys sending that FOIPA thing? I have no idea, can someone help?

Thank you

I got my check cashed yesterday, so I think CSC is going fast (22 days) better to wait for 3 months.
By the way, why are you guys sending that FOIPA thing? I have no idea, can someone help?

Thank you

The reason why we're doing the FOIPA filing is simply to make it a pre-emptive measure, should we get stuck in name check. If it ever comes to the point where I have to file a WOM or a 1447(b), the FOIPA is the fundamental piece of evidence to include with the lawsuit. While it doesn't prove that there are no hits on your name, it does demonstrate to the judge that there's a good chance that there are no factors that are legitimately delaying my name check.

Thanks for your answer. I think I would like to do the same thing and I saw the weblink which directs me to the information for FOIPA. Do I need to just send those, and that will do it?
Thank you again.

BTW, I am trying to catch up with your number of post.
J.K.

Thanks for your answer. I think I would like to do the same thing and I saw the weblink which directs me to the information for FOIPA. Do I need to just send those, and that will do it?
Thank you again.

BTW, I am trying to catch up with your number of post.
J.K.

No problem. The form that you see when you click on the link is the instruction sheet. There's a link within the instruction sheet that leads you to the actual form. The form is an editable PDF, which means you can fill it out on your computer, then print it. Like I've mentioned before, no need to get it notarized, as long as the signature is original.

You're now 2 posts behind me! In all reality, though, this board has been very cathartic for me. I found it through a web search, after I learned about the receipting frontlog. It's been helpful to know that there are many others dealing with this ludicrous situation.

I just spoke to IO about the issue of receipt notices. I had sent my N-400 to CSC on 10/02/2007 and the check was cashed on 11/06/2007. She told me that I still have to wait for 90 days before I get the receipt. Regarding the processing times she mentioned the average time has increased from 7 months to 8 months.

How did you talk to an IO? over the phone, you mean those customer service people?
I think it will be different from city to city after a while of processing.
Let see who is the first getting the receipt. Thank for the updates

No problem. The form that you see when you click on the link is the instruction sheet. There's a link within the instruction sheet that leads you to the actual form. The form is an editable PDF, which means you can fill it out on your computer, then print it. Like I've mentioned before, no need to get it notarized, as long as the signature is original.

You're now 2 posts behind me! In all reality, though, this board has been very cathartic for me. I found it through a web search, after I learned about the receipting frontlog. It's been helpful to know that there are many others dealing with this ludicrous situation.

Thanks, I hope it will be helpful. I am trying to bring my wife here throgh my citizenship after 4 years of seperation and FOIPA may smooth this processing time for me.
Thank you again

I just spoke to IO about the issue of receipt notices. I had sent my N-400 to CSC on 10/02/2007 and the check was cashed on 11/06/2007. She told me that I still have to wait for 90 days before I get the receipt. Regarding the processing times she mentioned the average time has increased from 7 months to 8 months.

She has already misinformed you by saying that you have to wait 90 days. It clearly states on the USCIS website that the current receipting timeframe is 15 weeks (105 days).

I search but didn't find anything about this portion of the letter.
What does "Aliases used" mean?

Thanks

I search but didn't find anything about this portion of the letter.
What does "Aliases used" mean?

Thanks

I was referring to this link: http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_instruc.htm

The page that comes up gives you instructions on how to fill out the request form and where to mail it, as well as a link to the actual form. Aliases used means alternate ways of spelling your name that you may have used. For instance, let's say your name is John Smith. Another way of spelling John is Jon. If your LEGAL name is JOHN Smith, but you've used JON Smith as well, you would list JOHN Smith in the "FULL NAME" section, and list JON SMITH in the "ALIASES USED" section. For instance, my last name has been spelled two different ways. I listed the way it's spelled on my green card and driver license in "FULL NAME", and the alternate way in "ALIASES USED".

I was referring to this link: http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_instruc.htm

The page that comes up gives you instructions on how to fill out the request form and where to mail it, as well as a link to the actual form. Aliases used means alternate ways of spelling your name that you may have used. For instance, let's say your name is John Smith. Another way of spelling John is Jon. If your LEGAL name is JOHN Smith, but you've used JON Smith as well, you would list JOHN Smith in the "FULL NAME" section, and list JON SMITH in the "ALIASES USED" section. For instance, my last name has been spelled two different ways. I listed the way it's spelled on my green card and driver license in "FULL NAME", and the alternate way in "ALIASES USED".

Thanks alot. I will mail it tomorrow.
Does it affect any processing time for your name check? (makes it slower or faster?) I am trying to understand if it may delay my application after fingerprint?

Thank you

Thanks alot. I will mail it tomorrow.
Does it affect any processing time for your name check? (makes it slower or faster?) I am trying to understand if it may delay my application after fingerprint?

Thank you

I doubt it'll affect the processing time in any way, whether it's slowing it down or speeding it up. The original author of the name check thread suggested that it may actually speed up the name check process, due to the fact that your name had to have been pulled up for FOIPA, but I doubt it. It's a computerized process, so it's questionable whether or not it'll have any effect.

One more thing. I have been trying to read the number on the back of the check and it ir weird. Starts with WSC and then there is somthing like a bad printed 7 but from my search it has to be a " * " but I write it here and you guys say if it is right or what is this.
WSC*00219****
last for digits are also numbers. But what is this WSC? Washington's Sport Club? Worst Service Community?

Thank you guys

Last edited by a moderator:
I searched more,
WSC is Western Service Center and the # is WSC*002222222 which after WSC you have a * and 00 for sure and then 7 digit number, total of 14. But it doesn't show anything on online search and I am assuming that this will take another century to shows up.

One more thing. I have been trying to read the number on the back of the check and it ir weird. Starts with WSC and then there is somthing like a bad printed 7 but from my search it has to be a " * " but I write it here and you guys say if it is right or what is this.
WSC*00219****
last for digits are also numbers. But what is this WSC? Washington's Sport Club? Worst Service Community?

Thank you guys

I believe that WSC stands for West Coast Service Center.

The people that are destroying the origninal intent of this thread have issues with comprehending. I am sure they will get RFI seeing what I have seen so far.