N-400 Fillings after July 31st

We need to keep this thread alive with latest updates. This thread provides vital updates to people who filed N-400 on and after July 2007.

Same here

It is hard to parse it, but I entered all possible numerical choices (what I thought were possible) and in each case it said: Case retrieval failed...

I tried all possible cases and it failed...
The first guess shows me someone else whose application was received 7/17/07.

So I knew it is not the correct number..

What is your Service Center?

Hello ProudPal -
what is your service center? looks like yours is very fast in cashing the checks.

Actually mine is kind of clear WSC*002191()()() and I tried this and other different numbers I get the same thing all the time.

Anyone else here from CA so we can share experience?

I am curious..
If check is cashed, then doesn't this mean that initial data entry is completed?

Not necessarily. Your application may have been opened in the mailroom, the check was forwarded to the bank, and the application itself placed in the processing queue. To my understanding, a receipt is issued when the data entry of your application has been completed, not when the check has been cashed.

Vorpal, so you are saying that it takes them about a month to answer to your FOIPA? it is just something to keep my mind busy and not thinking about all of this immigration issues.
Thanks for your help.

Vorpal, so you are saying that it takes them about a month to answer to your FOIPA? it is just something to keep my mind busy and not thinking about all of this immigration issues.
Thanks for your help.

Actually, it probably takes less than a month. When I originally filed my FOIPA, I used the template provided in one of the stickies. After faxing it to the FBI, it was returned to me about 10 days later via USPS. Along with the faxed page, there was a cover letter that stated that the FBI no longer accepts faxed signatures. I signed the letter and mailed it back to the FBI the following day. My guess is that you should get a reply within 2-3 weeks if you send your request with an original signature.

VSC Checks Cashed today

Hi Guys

update on checks cashed Service center vermount ( NYC)

I have sent an application on Aug 23 2007 (Not sure when USCIS received it)

checks cashed today 11/14/2007

I will update on rest of the process

thanks

It looks like all other SCs are moving a lot faster than Texas. I do not expect any better from George Bush's home state!!

I agree about TSC

I am not sure why TSC is not catching up. I can not believe that they recieved more applications than any other service ceners.
May be they still have less staff to do the work

Alright, THIS IS NOT MINE but I know my case number since I could read it from back of the cashed check. And then I tried pluging different number lower than mine and last one which worked and still showing something on USCIS website as a processed case is this:

On October 19, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

They received mine on OCT 18 and they received this guy's mail one day after and they have already sent them the receipt and his case number is earlier than mine(usuall from USCIS [first come last served]) but people who applied in CA are getting receipt for almost OCT 19 as of today.

So depends on your luck that who is openning your mail and place it in COmputer you get a reciept.
I will try to update again.

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, THIS IS NOT MINE but I know my case number since I could read it from back of the cashed check. And then I tried pluging different number lower than mine and last one which worked and still showing something on USCIS website as a processed case is this:

On October 19, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

They received mine on OCT 18 and they received this guy's mail one day after and they have already sent them the receipt and his case number is earlier than mine(usuall from USCIS [first come last served]) but people who applied in CA are getting receipt for almost OCT 19 as of today.

So depends on your luck that who is openning your mail and place it in COmputer you get a reciept.
I will try to update again.

Peace

I wouldn't start worrying just yet. I've seen numerous posts where an application was received on one date, but the actual priority date listed on the receipt was a week or so later. This means that it's possible that the application whose status showed that it was received on 10/19 was actually received on 10/12, give or take a day. Still, though, even if 10/12 was the actual date the application was received, that doesn't explain why CSC shows a receipting date of 8/9.

So what the Priority date will be, they received mine on OCT 18?
so they place this guy after me for processing?