N-400 Fillings after July 31st

CSC received my application on 8-21-07 and my check was cashed on 10-29-07. Although they have supposedly mailed receipt letters to everyone who filed an application before September, I have yet to receive mine. Anybody else file in August / Sept at CSC and not receive their receipt? Please update the forum so that we can try to make sense of all this. I wonder if there is any truth to what the USCIS posts on its web site.

Best thing to do would be to call them. If nothing shows up in my mail on Wednesday, Friday or Saturday, I will call them Monday. They claim CSC is now processing applications from September 3rd for data entry.

hi,
I am in the same boat, even a bit worse. App received 8/14 at CSC, check cashed 10/26,no receipt, no fp notice.

They are saying, but I am sure like always they missed whole bunch of them. You guys should call, I mean it is up to you, at least you feel better about your situation.

I think USCIS will be close till next Monday from Thursday. 4 days holiday for governemt to put a longer waiting time for us. I personally love them. It deffinitly needs a lot of energy to mess-up with people and their application and delay them.

Enjoy the long weekend

They are saying, but I am sure like always they missed whole bunch of them. You guys should call, I mean it is up to you, at least you feel better about your situation.

I think USCIS will be close till next Monday from Thursday. 4 days holiday for governemt to put a longer waiting time for us. I personally love them. It deffinitly needs a lot of energy to mess-up with people and their application and delay them.

Enjoy the long weekend

Only Thursday is a federal holiday and offices are open Friday.

BTW, does anyone know if USCIS process the US Military application faster?

I believe so. A few weeks ago, there was a post from someone who applied from abroad, as a spouse of a service person stationed there. This person applied at VSC several days after me, and her check was cashed within a couple of weeks. This leads me to believe that military personnel and their families get priority.

US Post Offices are close on Friday as I asked them yesterday.
Probably all those number we see online are Military personnals

Probably all those number we see online are Military personnals

Actually, that makes perfect sense. As much as I hate dealing with having to wait an undetermined period of time, I do believe that military personnel should get priority.

Same Here

CSC received my application on 8-21-07 and my check was cashed on 10-29-07. Although they have supposedly mailed receipt letters to everyone who filed an application before September, I have yet to receive mine. Anybody else file in August / Sept at CSC and not receive their receipt? Please update the forum so that we can try to make sense of all this. I wonder if there is any truth to what the USCIS posts on its web site.

I have also the same dates as you, however is yet to receive the notice

Good news on Thanksgiving eve!

hi,
I am in the same boat, even a bit worse. App received 8/14 at CSC, check cashed 10/26,no receipt, no fp notice.

I finally have some good news. I received my notice today and it records the received date correctly. The priority date is the same as the received date.

Most of the content in the notice is standard with the exclusion of the following:

"Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview."

AND

"You will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office. You should expect to be notified within 460 days of this notice"

Did someone else receive a similarly long period? Does this really mean that I need to wait 1 year and 3 months for my interview?

I finally have some good news. I received my notice today and it records the received date correctly. The priority date is the same as the received date.

Most of the content in the notice is standard with the exclusion of the following:

"Missing Evidence(s) - your application was missing evidence(s) that you will need to provide at the time of your naturalization interview."

AND

"You will be notified of the date and place of your interview when you have been scheduled by the local USCIS office. You should expect to be notified within 460 days of this notice"

Did someone else receive a similarly long period? Does this really mean that I need to wait 1 year and 3 months for my interview?

What does it say on online case finder?

Got my Receipt

Finally received by receipt from the USCIS on November 21, 2007. Despite what their website said for the 11-16-07 (that receipts for applications received up to 9-3-07 had been mailed) mine was printed on 11-19-07 and mailed on 11-20-07. I live very close to the CSC so it only took one day to arrive. For those of you who have a PD before 9-3-07 but have not yet gotten your letter, don't panic - it appears to take a few days to print and mail the actual letter. Here are my stats:

N-400 mailed: 8-20-07
N-400 received at CSC: 8-21-07
Check cashed: 10-29-07
Receipt received: 11-21-07

Nothing about missing evidence on my application. Just my case numbers, some of my information (A#, date of birth etc.) and address. All of the information listed was correct. Letter stated that I will be called within 365 days for interview. Hoping it will be faster than this, but who knows. NY Times article today noted that for FY 2007, 1.4 million N-400s were received, approximately double what was received for FY 2006. Not sure if that means processing times will double, but it would not surprise me.

No sign yet of the FP notice, but I will let everybody know when I receive that. Good luck to everybody, and please keep posting your dates.

Finally received by receipt from the USCIS on November 21, 2007. Despite what their website said for the 11-16-07 (that receipts for applications received up to 9-3-07 had been mailed) mine was printed on 11-19-07 and mailed on 11-20-07. I live very close to the CSC so it only took one day to arrive. For those of you who have a PD before 9-3-07 but have not yet gotten your letter, don't panic - it appears to take a few days to print and mail the actual letter. Here are my stats:

N-400 mailed: 8-20-07
N-400 received at CSC: 8-21-07
Check cashed: 10-29-07
Receipt received: 11-21-07

Nothing about missing evidence on my application. Just my case numbers, some of my information (A#, date of birth etc.) and address. All of the information listed was correct. Letter stated that I will be called within 365 days for interview. Hoping it will be faster than this, but who knows. NY Times article today noted that for FY 2007, 1.4 million N-400s were received, approximately double what was received for FY 2006. Not sure if that means processing times will double, but it would not surprise me.

No sign yet of the FP notice, but I will let everybody know when I receive that. Good luck to everybody, and please keep posting your dates.

Yummyk,

Looks like our timeline is pretty similar. Here are my details:

CSC, ASC - San Francisco
N-400 Mailed: August 13, 2007
N-400 Received at CSC: August 15, 2007
Received Date: August 15, 2007
Priority Date: August 15, 2007
Notice Date: November 16, 2007
Notice Received: November 21, 2007

Although my notice was printed on November 16th (Friday), it was mailed out on November 19th.

USCIS is trying to reduce the backlog by hiring contractors and hopefully they will still be able to meet the traditional 7 month processing time.

EDIT: Check out Tonki12's posts which show a similar timeline with CSC.

Last edited by a moderator:
immigrateful and yummyk,
thanks for posting your updates. out dates are very close though I haven't received a receipt yet but hopefully it will be in the mail next week (app received at CSC on 8/14).

when you type in your case number on the uscis website does it show anything? and is the wsc* number on the check the same as the receipt number?

thanks
tonki12

immigrateful and yummyk,
thanks for posting your updates. out dates are very close though I haven't received a receipt yet but hopefully it will be in the mail next week (app received at CSC on 8/14).

when you type in your case number on the uscis website does it show anything? and is the wsc* number on the check the same as the receipt number?

thanks
tonki12

The online system returns a message saying that the case was received and the status is pending. Yes, the receipt number is the number written in hand on the front of the check but it appears without the WSC*. Hope you receive your notice soon.

NSC Update: NOA recieved 11/13/07, N-400 mailed 10/15/07

I recieved my notice. But I am preparing for a long long wait now

Sorry. the subject says 11/13/07. It should be 11/23/07

I recieved my notice. But I am preparing for a long long wait now

Sorry. the subject says 11/13/07. It should be 11/23/07

COuld you tell us about the online status and what date it shows? It says "We received your application on the exact date that they receved it or a different day"? appreciate you input.