N-400 applied after July'07 and got Interview??

really 3 months justifies it, try telling that to people that have been waiting for over a year.

The people who have been waiting for over a year shouldn't be worrying about InfoPass. They should be preparing a WOM suit.

I am with Vorpal.
js360, good that you have received your IL and I am happy for you but you are not encouraging at all. This co-worker of mine applied 1.5 year ago and she never did anything no infopass no letter and she doesn't even care much and she is still waiting.
Citizenship is not your right but when you are in the process you expect them to process it in a usuall time frame and you want them probably act equal to everyone.
I don't feel good to get ahead of anyone but I have to find a solution to my miserable life with four years of seperation (if you really don't care about your family, I do).
Some people really don't care when they case is done but I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with Vorpal.
js360, good that you have received your IL and I am happy for you but you are not encouraging at all. This co-worker of mine applied 1.5 year ago and she never did anything no infopass no letter and she doesn't even care much and she is still waiting.
Citizenship is not your right but when you are in the process you expect them to process it in a usuall time frame and you want them probably act equal to everyone.
I don't feel good to get ahead of anyone but I have to find a solution to my miserable life with four years of seperation (if you really don't care about your family, I do).
Some people really don't care when they case is done but I do.

Bottom line is this: results are NEVER achieved by sitting back and waiting. I spent a good amount of money on the filing fee, and put in a lot of time and effort to collect all the necessary accompanying paperwork. I'll be damned if I don't see this process through. Besides, the NYC DO is still showing a 7 month timeline. By the middle of March, I'll be approaching the end of that timeline. If I don't receive an IL by then, I'll rightfully assume that my case is stuck in name check, or whatever other checks there are.

Correction: My PD is actually earlier than js360s!

I wonder if Seattle is very fast or Boston very slow (or both?)

My PD is also a few days before js360 and I am at Seattle DO, same as js360, but I am still waiting for the IL.
Seattle is really not that fast. js360 and one other person from seattle DO who is also after my PD got lucky. Thats all.
Btw, I had my infopass today and was told that the fbi check is still going on. Not useful info, but worth a try.

js360,
I agree with Nimche that you are not encouraging at all. You didn't need an infopass because you were really really lucky and got the IL in record time. That doesn't mean infopass is a waste of time.

I called USCIS #(1-800-375–5283) for the first time from the last call after three year. All the dial numbers have changed so I have to come up with a new code to get to CS (1-2-1-2-2-1-R#-1) and then after all those computerized BS and hot music that they have I reached the CS. She tried to be nice and I told here I was talking to an IO 1 hour ago and phone got disconnected and I am calling back again. She asked me whole bunch of generic questions and she congradulate me to becoming a citizen in future and she gave me the same BS I can see online myself and she said that she is only able to see what I see in my Computer and she said you are fairly new applicant and have to wait around 163 more day if you didn't see any sign of processing then call us back we can inquire about your case and she felt sorry about my situation and she said it is not possible to transfer me to an IO at this step in the process because the system doesn't allow her to do so or doesn't tell her(BS) and she wished me a good day and again felt sorry for me and she said the processing time is about 7 months in CSC and she said bye and I felt bad for myself wasting my Cellphone minutes and my time and now, here I am again. I am hoping for senator to respond me something abou my name check result.

Vorpal, I don't know how can you be patient and wait till mid March? I can not even stay alive till end of Jan.

New subject? What do you guys do for living? ( if you don't mind?) I am going to Architecture Sch. and working in the same field.

I have talked to senator Boxer office. So far they are pretty nice and I really talked to a real person. http://boxer.senate.gov/contact/offices/index.cfm. They told me if within 2 weeks I haven't heard anything give them a call back.

I'm a web developer, but kind a regret, I should go to law school instead. Maybe my immigration process will not be this painful. So I'm thinking on law school now.

I called USCIS #(1-800-375–5283) for the first time from the last call after three year. All the dial numbers have changed so I have to come up with a new code to get to CS (1-2-1-2-2-1-R#-1) and then after all those computerized BS and hot music that they have I reached the CS. She tried to be nice and I told here I was talking to an IO 1 hour ago and phone got disconnected and I am calling back again. She asked me whole bunch of generic questions and she congradulate me to becoming a citizen in future and she gave me the same BS I can see online myself and she said that she is only able to see what I see in my Computer and she said you are fairly new applicant and have to wait around 163 more day if you didn't see any sign of processing then call us back we can inquire about your case and she felt sorry about my situation and she said it is not possible to transfer me to an IO at this step in the process because the system doesn't allow her to do so or doesn't tell her(BS) and she wished me a good day and again felt sorry for me and she said the processing time is about 7 months in CSC and she said bye and I felt bad for myself wasting my Cellphone minutes and my time and now, here I am again. I am hoping for senator to respond me something abou my name check result.

Vorpal, I don't know how can you be patient and wait till mid March? I can not even stay alive till end of Jan.

New subject? What do you guys do for living? ( if you don't mind?) I am going to Architecture Sch. and working in the same field.

I will give it time till probably May...
If nothing happens by then, then we will start some..CAMPAIGNING:)

you guys are taking what i said out of context, i wasnt trying to be discouraging, all i was saying is that you really havent been waiting all that long before you started complaining, considering USCIS issues statement that it could now take 16-18months or wahtever. I was definitately not being discouraging, but i know if i had not gotten my IL yet i wouldnt do much, cause from all the cases ive seen, it just doesnt seem to help, and i too have my family living in another country and live miserably, and i tell my self, if my interview goes bad, im outta here, leave everything forget about the US, never try again, and just move back to my original country, its canada so its no big deal.

Yep, not a big deal for you probably and sorry if I misunderstood you but I can not go back anywhere. I left that country and I can not go back and neither I want to go back and situation in Iran is not really comfortable specially for a woman and minority religion.
If the same thing they did a while ago they start to do the same thing it will be much worse than this and that is why I am out of patient.
I am sorry if I am not acting normal but that is the way it is now.

you guys are taking what i said out of context, i wasnt trying to be discouraging, all i was saying is that you really havent been waiting all that long before you started complaining, considering USCIS issues statement that it could now take 16-18months or wahtever. I was definitately not being discouraging, but i know if i had not gotten my IL yet i wouldnt do much, cause from all the cases ive seen, it just doesnt seem to help, and i too have my family living in another country and live miserably, and i tell my self, if my interview goes bad, im outta here, leave everything forget about the US, never try again, and just move back to my original country, its canada so its no big deal.

I would think that having family in Canada is much different than having family in Iran or Turkey, as a trip to Canada is logistically easier.

timelines

Guys
Although uscis mentions 18 months, once your case is opened by the main centers (after checks are cashed), does it not depend on your local DO as to when (or how fast) they work your case? Hopefully since checks are being cashed, all members here would hear something early this quarter - Specially the ones who have been waiting.

If you don't know anything about Turkey, don't compare.

Also if you read Nimche's posts, he is talking about how he can't go to his own country-Iran- because it is not safe. What do you know about Turkey and you are putting the two in a same boat.

He was talking about the distance not political view of it.
Funny, I got married in Turkey, it is fun country and I have alot Turkish friends and once even I had a Turkish landlord.
Please you guys chill overthere. No offence but I don't understand if you likeTurkey so much why would you want to be an American Citizen?

Nimche: are u saying people who are trying to have the Us citizenship don't like their country? What's wrong with having second citizenship??

I beg your pardon? Who wouldnt love her/his native country? No need to be belligerent. Messages we write here may be miscontrued.

Guys
Although uscis mentions 18 months, once your case is opened by the main centers (after checks are cashed), does it not depend on your local DO as to when (or how fast) they work your case? Hopefully since checks are being cashed, all members here would hear something early this quarter - Specially the ones who have been waiting.

That is correct. Processing times are dependent on DOs. The 16-18 months timeframe that USCIS predicts is for some cases only.

I wasn't comparing Turkey with Iran, or making a statement on either; I don't understand how some people came to that conclusion. As Nimche said, I was trying to make a point by saying that it's much easier for a Canadian to visit their spouse back in Canada than someone else (say from Turkey, Iran, India, China etc) to be able to travel to see their spouses. Hence, I can empathize more with someone who has come to the US with the hope of a better life and more freedom at the sacrifice of being away from their spouse and family for an extended period of time.

1:03 A.M. with highly cost of phone cards I am on the phone with my wife and I have to get up at 6:00 A.M. to go to work. I wish my wife was in Canada then I would go over there each week probably and almost free calling campare to what I pay.

Sorry to hear. Why are you paying so much? I talk around 3 hours with $10 calling card. I can send you the info if you need.