N-400 applied after July'07 and got Interview??

I'm still a bit concerned about Vik Pal's timeline. His PD is 7/28, background checks have been cleared, yet he still hasn't received an IL. I hope that it's not an indicator of what's to come for NYC.

Why don't you call USCIS? I called them and got lucky to be transferred to IO.

I told IO that I want to check on the status of name check; once he found out I filed in Dec and just got my FP done last week, he started a smart mouth about my case probably not even start processing the background check and Blah..Blah..Blah... However, he did done some research on my case and find out "background check, name check, FP -everything" are done, and in the queue of scheduling interview.

I got an email from USCIS that saying I'm in queue for interview. Is that mean that my name and background check is done? maybe I should call them and ask them about my name check.

Why don't you call USCIS? I called them and got lucky to be transferred to IO.

I told IO that I want to check on the status of name check; once he found out I filed in Dec and just got my FP done last week, he started a smart mouth about my case probably not even start processing the background check and Blah..Blah..Blah... However, he did done some research on my case and find out "background check, name check, FP -everything" are done, and in the queue of scheduling interview.

I got an email from USCIS that saying I'm in queue for interview. Is that mean that my name and background check is done? maybe I should call them and ask them about my name check.

USCIS only schedules interviews if all name checks are done, so your name check is done since you are in queue for an interview.

USCIS only schedules interviews if all name checks are done.

A year or so ago USCIS changed its policy on conducting interview once all the background checks are completed, however, this doesn't mean they don't conduct interview prior to all checks are done. They changed to such policy as a matter of their interm rule/policy than as a matter of law. So, it's still possible that they could conduct an interview without all these checks are done, which has been the case with many applicants. Nevertheless, in 98% of the time they send interview letter only when all the checks are done.

Now, I am just sad.
I had my InfoPass appointment. This time was different, he even asked for my greencard and said that my case is still in Laguna Niguel. I asked how long will it take to come down here? he said, he doesn't know. All those questions that I had in my list, his respond was: I don't know. I asked if I am in the queueto get an interview and he said you have to wait till you case come here first and then you will get interview. I just think that it will take them a lot of time to process my case and I am already tired. I hope you guys get something soon.

Peace

Now, I am just sad.
I had my InfoPass appointment. This time was different, he even asked for my greencard and said that my case is still in Laguna Niguel. I asked how long will it take to come down here? he said, he doesn't know. All those questions that I had in my list, his respond was: I don't know. I asked if I am in the queueto get an interview and he said you have to wait till you case come here first and then you will get interview. I just think that it will take them a lot of time to process my case and I am already tired. I hope you guys get something soon.

Peace

On the brighter side of things, at least they didn't throw another "1-2 months" at you. I'm not surprised about the fact that you were asked to show your green card. When I did my InfoPass, I was asked to show it as well. I thought it was standard procedure. Hang in there, you'll be receiving your IL soon.

Vorpal,
You know they all do not the same thing in the same case. Last time they took the Info Pass paper away, this time he gave it back to me.
What is amazes me is, I asked him again about the scurity check, and he said: it seems to be cleared to me.
Why is the case sitting in the Service Center? He said that they are gathering more paper works. how much paper work they need, do I look like to have a lot of papers in the last five years?
Everything in immigration process has to be done in a retarded way.
Now, you read about MR. gonzales taling about 14-16 months instead of 16-18. Thanks for the special discount for immigrants.

Vorpal, I can not hang here anymore and I think I should probably go some where else and hang overthere. Thanks for the food in your party.

Hello Nimche, please don't worry. On the brighter side, your name check is cleared. So it is just matter of time. Keep scheduling Infopass once a month until the case gets to DO. hopefully you will not need more InfoPass. It will come soon..

Received my IL

All,

I posted an update on the Newark thread as well. I have finally received my IL !!!

I am really really happy and wish the same happiness to all soon.

:D:D:D

All,

I posted an update on the Newark thread as well. I have finally received my IL !!!

I am really really happy and wish the same happiness to all soon.

:D:D:D

Congrats, Rocky1. Looks like both Newark and NYC are starting to to move on late July / August PDs.

ReturnHome, Thank you for your kind words.

So do you guys think after they pass the July up-hill, they will move faster?

Is my case sitting in the Service Center to move to the Queue? I am still confused about the whole process. Probably I was born confuse :d

Interview Date Known

I am so happy and felt so blessed today. I called VSC and i was told that my IL was sent last week 3/12/08 and i am scheduled for interview on May 19, 2008.

I guess they all august filers will get their IL's.

Good luck to all my august co filers.

N-400 VSC
D.O- Newark
Received Date: August 24, 2007
Fingerprinted: December 26, 2007
Case cleared: jan. 22,08
Interview Date: May 19, 2008

ReturnHome, Thank you for your kind words.

So do you guys think after they pass the July up-hill, they will move faster?

Is my case sitting in the Service Center to move to the Queue? I am still confused about the whole process. Probably I was born confuse :d

I am so happy and felt so blessed today. I called VSC and i was told that my IL was sent last week 3/12/08 and i am scheduled for interview on May 19, 2008.

I guess they all august filers will get their IL's.

Good luck to all my august co filers.

N-400 VSC
D.O- Newark
Received Date: August 24, 2007
Fingerprinted: December 26, 2007
Case cleared: jan. 22,08
Interview Date: May 19, 2008

Happy for you, and hope it will be done very soon. Good Luck with you Interview..