N-400 applied after July'07 and got Interview??

Yeah....I wish they youle update this more often.....

Boston still says last update 1/15/08 processing 5/18/07

Really??

I was born with american name. Do you think that will make my name not stuck? I thought my name will stuck too because is too common in US.
I hope not, I need my citizenship my march.

We've been speculating about racial profiling being involved in the name check procedure, since certain ethnic backgrounds/nationalities tend to get stuck more often than others.

With that being said, I don't want to be a killjoy, but it's highly unlikely that you'll get your citizenship in March (although stranger things have happened). We're already done with the 1st week of February, so March is right around the corner. It'll take a miracle to get an interview/oath in March, regardless of name check status.

Maybe they should hire more people. That date doesn't seem right to me.
But maybe I don't want to accept reality. Sacramento always take about 6 to 7 months to proccess N400.

For me, that a long time for Sacramento. I thought Sacramento will be like Ohio, not so many immigrant so we can get our proccess faster, but actualy San Francisco is faster than Sacramento and they have more immigrants.

Maybe I need to go back to USCIS Math class, my logic doesn't work here for uscis.

If my mom can get miracle for her recovery. I want to get miracle too for my citizenship in March, so I can go to see her.

We've been speculating about racial profiling being involved in the name check procedure, since certain ethnic backgrounds/nationalities tend to get stuck more often than others.

With that being said, I don't want to be a killjoy, but it's highly unlikely that you'll get your citizenship in March (although stranger things have happened). We're already done with the 1st week of February, so March is right around the corner. It'll take a miracle to get an interview/oath in March, regardless of name check status.

I've been hearing various opinions on name check, and many say that certain ehtnic groups are definitely more likely to be stuck in name check than others. I do, however, agree with your point. The only thing is that I don't think there are too many Smiths or Joneses applying for naturalization.

I also think that the clock starts with check cashing. The priority date is simply a way to start the clock. It can be anything. As far as New York goes, there are 2 separate DOs here (Manhattan and Garden City), so any NYC applicant has an equal chance of being assigned to either one. Also, a while back someone posted that the Manhattan DO alone has 300+ IOs. Before the whole Summer 2007 debacle, many applicants were completing the process within 4-5 months. I still have faith in the NYC DO!

I believe in 2005 USCIS had hired extra folks to expedite processing times to targeted 6 months per Bush's plan which included providing extra grants to USCIS for the same but that extra grant had expired in Sept '07. I'm not sure what happened after Sept '07. Did they retain that extra staff or not we don't know.... One thing is clear that NYC is back to it's slow days of pre 2005. Maybe no extra grant came in since fee hike was supposed to take over.

If my mom can get miracle for her recovery. I want to get miracle too for my citizenship in March, so I can go to see her.

You can still go see your mom. Citizenship is highly important, but nothing is more important than family. Besides, you are free to travel while the N-400 is pending, as long as you don't break the continuous residency requirements.

I hope your mom makes a speedy recovery. God bless!

yeah, I read that somewhere...

After grant expired, no more was issued so they had to reduce staffing...etc...

oho ohoho, awk. Dusty here!
I have seen couple of people got interview.
Friend of mine's wife got interview in San Diego for sometimes in March. She applied just before the rush.
And as you can see, I am still waiting and counting days, no, studying hard(being a good boy).
People update some Info. PLS

Hey Nimche, long time no speak! Did you ask your magical genie to clear my name check? :D Take a look at my timeline.

Hey Nimche, long time no speak! Did you ask your magical genie to clear my name check? :D Take a look at my timeline.

Good news on that man. I have Infopass in two days, cross any fingers that have left on your hand for this one. I wish them say whatever they want except " There are alot of people still waiting which applied before you, go and come back later)
I am sure that my name is cleared(I don't want to feel bad in front of you).
Keep us posted here.

+GC Lottery is for new people who are willing to come to the US. My guess is that the whole USCIS and DHS system is based on Lottery program. Random name check, random security check, random approval, random interview, random etc.. I hardly see anything in order in the system.

Good news on that man. I have Infopass in two days, cross any fingers that have left on your hand for this one. I wish them say whatever they want except " There are alot of people still waiting which applied before you, go and come back later)
I am sure that my name is cleared(I don't want to feel bad in front of you).
Keep us posted here.

I doubt they'll tell you to come back later. All it takes is a couple of keystrokes to pull up your case file and find out whether or not the name check has been cleared (I saw this with my own eyes). I'm confident that you'll do fine.

I doubt they'll tell you to come back later. All it takes is a couple of keystrokes to pull up your case file and find out whether or not the name check has been cleared (I saw this with my own eyes). I'm confident that you'll do fine.

If you don't mind, can I ask you what did you ask them and what did you do the whole experience(if you have time to type)
Tanx

I decided to do two things.
1) Share my INFOPASS appt. here as well.
2) Share a friend's story

I had my appointment at 11:30 A.M. today. I showed up at 11:10 A.M.
It is located in US court building so you get the security check at very first by the entry of building. Then I went to immigration room, on my left hand side I saw whole bunch of people sitting (just like church) and on the right hand side, three windows and a door. I asked the very first person close to me: Where should I get number? she pointed to window #1 and I went there, an old lady (70s) was on the phone, after 2 minutes another lady came to talk to the old lady and she saw my Info pass paper and she said you have to go to window #3. Then I moved to window #3 and a nice lady in her 50s I should say. She asked if I have an appointment and I showed it to her and I was expecting her to send me somewhere else but she goes: How can I help you?
I said I applied for my citizenship and I just want to check on the status of my case. As she was taking my papers (receipt) to type the number in, she asked if I have received any interview? and I said no and she said you case might be still in Laguna Niguel office (CSC) and I said my concern is more about my Check Name and she said right it takes sometimes but let me look at your case. She typed (as VORPAL said earlier some "keystrokes") and she said well, Check Name got cleared in December. I asked really? and she said yes, and it takes about 90 days to do the paper work and send it here to give you interview. So I got little excited (more than little) and I was happy.

Now I am worry, she said December, and it was in December when I had my FP done and for some reason I am worry about that she mistakenly was talking about my FP got cleared? Am I just worried too much?

2) My Egyptian friend who is/was really lucky to get his Citizenship fast.
He applied in 07-15-2007 and got his Citizenship in Nov. 15, 2007.
Now I got his case number to check on this status. LUD is 10-02-2007 I think it is the day they sent him the IL. But the actual number doesn't show up. System can not find the file. This is crazy to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help needed - Interview descheduled by USCIS - unforeseen circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi-
My application date is july 27, 2007
CSC
SFO local USCIS office
FP on Dec 12, 2007
Got letter for interview on feb 11, 2008
Interview - dated march 26, 2008.

However, I have to travel to India, and returning on April 15, 2008.
So, requested USCIS to reschedule it after April 15, 2008.
USCIS got the letter on Feb 13, 2008 ( as per Express Mail tracking )

After this, I got a letter, from them today Feb 21, postmarked Feb 20, 2008.
The letter is confusing , it says that the interview is cancelled due to unforseen circumstances:

The letter as is:

"This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled interview on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 at 2:45 PM for the above applicant. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

We will advise you of any action taken on this case, including any rescheduled interview information, under separate notice."

My questions
==========
Not sure if this is in response to my request to postpone the interview or is it something else other than the request?
I am very confused.

Is this a standard USCIS response for a request to postpone interview?
Can someone pls throw a light on it?
Thank you.

Try calling USCIS customer service and ask them about the letter. It sounds like it is in response to your oath reschedule request.

USCIS has not posted processing times this month. They should have been updated a week ago. Most DOs are hitting the July mountain right now. Is there just nothing to report?

USCIS has not posted processing times this month. They should have been updated a week ago. Most DOs are hitting the July mountain right now. Is there just nothing to report?

I think they've just been taking their sweet old time. The same thing happened last month, when the new processing times weren't posted until the last week of January. It seems that updating their website is the last thing on UCSIS's list.