N-400 applied after July'07 and got Interview??

So they are still sticking to the 7 month timeline, huh? That's definitely encouraging. I can't wait to find out if InfoPass sheds any light on the situation.

I agree that is encouraging, since the most recent NYC application I've seen reported as processed here (leroythelion) dates from the end of June. Haven't even seen any ILs from July applicants.

Vikpal and Vorpal, let us know how your calls and/or appointments go! Good luck.

I agree that is encouraging, since the most recent NYC application I've seen reported as processed here (leroythelion) dates from the end of June. Haven't even seen any ILs from July applicants.

Vikpal and Vorpal, let us know how your calls and/or appointments go! Good luck.

I think someone with a July PD reported an IL a couple of weeks ago. Check the NYC thread, I believe it was there. I'll post my InfoPass experience next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, someone (I think umeboshi1 ) did report IL from PD 7/27 recently but he wanted to reschedule it. Amazing!!! Those who want it don't get it but those who get it don't want it.

Here's the link:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1853292#post1853292

Wow, I totally missed that thread. That's good to know. But hard to draw any conclusions from one case.

Umeboshi1, if you really don't want that interview date, I'll trade you for a TBD date, an expired employment document, and some old I-94 cards.:D

Face to face. Vorpal come-on bud. In an occasion you meet with a retarded person. Now whether it is face to face communication or on the phone you would think the result is different? You are saying it like USCIS is deaf and you have to do sign language.

BobSmyth, I like your idea but it won't work because they will ask for your case number or A# and that’s bad when they see you have Finger Printed already and you lied.

USCIS made this Customer Service like a Concrete Retailing wall and they are hiding behind it and drinking coffee with legs crossed on the table.
I should have applied for a governmental job. And probably two months before and after election they will be closed. Awesome!!!

If they were saying you can pay extra to process you application faster, how much you guys would pay for such a service. Give some max and Min.

If they were saying you can pay extra to process you application faster, how much you guys would pay for such a service. Give some max and Min.

That all depends on how much it means to you. Like if you're waiting to sponsor your spouse, expedited processing limit is priceless. Sounds like an idea for new Visa commercial:

Application for naturalization : $600
Gas money for numerous trips to DO: $125
Phone calls to spouse in foreign country: $300
Prescription medicine needed to calm nerves while application pending: $200
Expedited processing: Priceless

:D

Face to face. Vorpal come-on bud. In an occasion you meet with a retarded person. Now whether it is face to face communication or on the phone you would think the result is different? You are saying it like USCIS is deaf and you have to do sign language.

Hahahahaha, I can't argue with that assessment!

USCIS made this Customer Service like a Concrete Retailing wall and they are hiding behind it and drinking coffee with legs crossed on the table.
I should have applied for a governmental job. And probably two months before and after election they will be closed. Awesome!!!

The USCIS is currently hiring. However, there's a little catch...you have to be a CITIZEN!!!

Hahahahaha, I can't argue with that assessment!

The USCIS is currently hiring. However, there's a little catch...you have to be a CITIZEN!!!

That is good, actually it is awesome idea. Sooner or later one of us will get his/her citizenship and imagine that he/she will apply for customer service agent position for USCIS. Then we will have a direct phone access and be transferred to an IO. Then while we are happy with new system, IO will say: sir, your name is really weird and definitely will get stuck in name check for about three years. We understand your situation (they always do) but we can not do anything for it (more like you are falling off the cliff and they guys won't give a hand because he is busy with his ice-cream).

I had two wishes during my Citizenship process: 1) I was living in Ohio (they get it faster?) 2) I had a nice relative in FBI

Any more wishes?

Nimche,

for now you and I share about the same timeline, though you got your FP almost a month earlier. I am assuming FP date + 6 to 7 weeks for the IL to arrive. If that takes longer than 8, I am getting nervous. Still, we can be reasonably sure that our test will be the old one, not that I would really get nervous about that one though.

As per BCIS web site, Sacramento is currently doing June dates, thus for me the whole thing should be done with by Mai.

It would be somewhat helpful, if there was a reference as to how many applications they are truly working on. Somehow I doubt there to be a lot of N-400 in Sacramento, might be different down south. May also be rather seasonal here due to migrant farm workers.

On the happy side, at least we are not stuck in the visa queue or have to deal with changing employers and being on a H1B and all that crap.

Hehehe I keep telling my cousin to apply for a job in USCIS. She is a citizen and she is in between job right now and she lives in LA what else do I need.
Maybe relocate her to Sacramento and ask her to apply as an IO instead. Do you think I ask to much here...:D

Or mam your name is so common definitely you will get stuck in the name check...forever...

That is good, actually it is awesome idea. Sooner or later one of us will get his/her citizenship and imagine that he/she will apply for customer service agent position for USCIS. Then we will have a direct phone access and be transferred to an IO. Then while we are happy with new system, IO will say: sir, your name is really weird and definitely will get stuck in name check for about three years. We understand your situation (they always do) but we can not do anything for it (more like you are falling off the cliff and they guys won't give a hand because he is busy with his ice-cream).

I had two wishes during my Citizenship process: 1) I was living in Ohio (they get it faster?) 2) I had a nice relative in FBI

Any more wishes?

Hahaha this is funny. Are you a creative director for an advertising agency or something?

That all depends on how much it means to you. Like if you're waiting to sponsor your spouse, expedited processing limit is priceless. Sounds like an idea for new Visa commercial:

Application for naturalization : $600
Gas money for numerous trips to DO: $125
Phone calls to spouse in foreign country: $300
Prescription medicine needed to calm nerves while application pending: $200
Expedited processing: Priceless

:D

Any more wishes?

My wish is that the USCIS offered premium processing for N-400s. I'd gladly pay the extra $1,000, just to get them out of my hair as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Or mam your name is so common definitely you will get stuck in the name check...forever...

"Your application for naturalization has been rejected on the basis of the fact that your name is Indian, Middle Eastern, Chinese, or Eastern European. Due to the fact that anyone with a name originating in those ethnicities will most likely be stuck in name check for the rest of their natural lives, we no longer accept applications for naturalization from anyone originating in those areas of the world."

Hi folks,

How does one find out the status on FP and name check? The USCIS case status site still shows my status that they received my application, but has no mention that I have already completed FP in December 07.

Also, what is LUD? :).

Hi folks,

How does one find out the status on FP and name check? The USCIS case status site still shows my status that they received my application, but has no mention that I have already completed FP in December 07.

Also, what is LUD? :).

You can call FBI to check on FP status
FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000

As for namecheck, you'll have to call USCIS to get status of name check, since FBI does not take name check update requests from applicants
http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm

Don't rely on USCIS online case status: it's not reliable.

LUD stands for "last update"

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to give it a shot and called the FBI to find out about the name check status. I spoke with an operator, who cut me off as soon as I said the words "name check". She said that they do not provide name check results, and the office that performs name checks doesn't speak with individuals. In other words, it appears that the only way to find out about name check clearance is through InfoPass.