N-400 applied after July'07 and got Interview??

Ok I called the FBI and they said my FP check clear, completed yesterday.
So the waiting game for IL begin, but how about name check? Is there away to check that as well if it is clear or not?

Yeah lucky I was in here, even in the previous years I never had problem with FP in here. Always never crowded and the people always professional and friendly. But I found out they just moved to the new location on January 9 and much further from the city, maybe that's the reason why took so long for them to give me my FP notice.

action123, good for you not you are here in line. Call them up tomorrow and ask them for result but I am sure it is clear.

Gatedgal, Don't be down cuz that is only a generic message, all different DO to Do but it doesn't really say anything (meaningless). Put it this way, very good excuse for USCIS in case that your case is being delayed. I don't think if it would take that long unless get stuck in name check.

An interview letter is coming for one of us. I don't tell you who because I don't know :D

Action123: welcome to the line of waiters for IL. Please follow the line and have a seat.

My wife had her FP scheduled for 02/07 and she just walked in today with an Infopass at 8:00 this morning and got it taken care of. We went through our greencard processing in Minneapolis. Compared to them, the folks at Jacksonville DO/ASC are so nice.

I talked to immigration officer. I didn't even listen to the menu just pressed 1, 2 and 6. The officer answered phone right away. She told me my interview should be done in 3 months. I said I am going to be away for couple of months. She said as long as someone is watching your mailbox, it is fine. My application was received July 26.

I talked to immigration officer. I didn't even listen to the menu just pressed 1, 2 and 6. The officer answered phone right away. She told me my interview should be done in 3 months. I said I am going to be away for couple of months. She said as long as someone is watching your mailbox, it is fine. My application was received July 26.

Wow, you actually got through to an IO right away?

Who was talking behind my back? No interview and less excitment and more school work and office work.
I think we all going to sink into the process for a while till after the elections.
Anyone got any news?
Vorpal your number of posts makes me nervouse.

I can tell that with all the effort which you guys are putting down here, you will get your CS fast.
Immigration Portal should award those people which post alot of informative helps here.

Immigration Portal: Here is your award. Free membership!

Thank you.

Do you mind if I ask his county of Citizenship. I am just trying to find out about the background name check.

thanks
Hi Nimche. County? Los Angeles. :D Country? China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, I didn't even double check? I meant Country thanks for correction and sorry for confusion. Los Angeles is very crazy to giving people interview due to large number of applicant which apply every single day.

Good luck and thanks for info.

Nimche,

Have you got your IL yet?...
Can you ask your lamp genie to give me one.

Haha, I didn't even double check? I meant Country thanks for correction and sorry for confusion. Los Angeles is very crazy to giving people interview due to large number of applicant which apply every single day.

Good luck and thanks for info.

Documents to Bring for Interview

Do they mention in the IL letter what they want you to bring in the interview or are you supposed to bring everything that you can possibly think of?

Do they mention in the IL letter what they want you to bring in the interview or are you supposed to bring everything that you can possibly think of?

Check the "what documents to bring to the interview" thread and bring everything listed there. Sure, it may seem like overkill, but it's better to be overprepared than have your case put on hold by an overzealous IO, who wants to see your tax return from 2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
zazona looks like a fear mongering website. Arguing that the H1B takes away jobs from US workers is a weak argument. The fact is that we are in a global economy now, and India had invested heavily in an education system long ago that has produced highly skilled workers who are payed less than their US counterparts. Meanwhile, the US educational system has made it more difficult for US students pursue a career without having to worry about being in debt for the next 20 years. It's not difficult to see why 46% of H1B have gone to India. I wouldn't be surprised if it's much higher today.

zazona looks like a fear mongering website. Arguing that the H1B takes away jobs from US workers is a weak argument. The fact is that we are in a global economy now, and India had invested heavily in an education system long ago that has produced highly skilled workers who are payed less than their US counterparts. Meanwhile, the US educational system has made it more difficult for US students pursue a career without having to worry about being in debt for the next 20 years. It's not difficult to see why 46% of H1B have gone to India. I wouldn't be surprised if it's much higher today.

RightOn.

Individuals who maintain such websites would not be able to hold their own in an informed argument. The numbers are usually wrong or at best partial, to give an air of legitimacy to what is just raw xenophobia.