N-400 applied after July'07 and got Interview??

that is why I decided to wait till end of March before I even start worrying...

I'm planning on making an InfoPass appt. for mid-March. I am not a very patient person by nature, so this wait is killing me. I'm not exactly sure what exactly is the likelyhood of receiving an IL within the next 2 months, so I'm just killing time before doing an InfoPass.

I'm planning on making an InfoPass appt. for mid-March. I am not a very patient person by nature, so this wait is killing me. I'm not exactly sure what exactly is the likelyhood of receiving an IL within the next 2 months, so I'm just killing time before doing an InfoPass.

Vorpal, Did you call the FBI to check whether you FP got cleared. I have taken down the phone number of FBI from an earlier post. How many days after I have my FP done, I should call the FBI?

Vorpal, Did you call the FBI to check whether you FP got cleared. I have taken down the phone number of FBI from an earlier post. How many days after I have my FP done, I should call the FBI?

Oh yeah, I called them 2 days later. I've noticed that you did your prints today. Call them on Wednesday, they'll definitely be done by then. I should note that the FBI operators don't confirm whether your prints have been cleared or not, they just tell you that the prints have been processed and returned to the USCIS. If you haven't been fingerprinted for criminal purposes, it's safe to assume that your prints have been cleared.

Chicgo24,

infopass is an appointment u take online at https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php to talk to an immigration officer, who can look up your case and let you know the status.
There is no way one can know the namecheck status. Even with infopass, all the IO can tell you is if your namecheck is still going on(which is what happened to me) or if has cleared and you are in line for the interview.

Thank you Seattleliter, I appriciate this information.

Got IL today!

Chicgo24,

infopass is an appointment u take online at https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php to talk to an immigration officer, who can look up your case and let you know the status.
There is no way one can know the namecheck status. Even with infopass, all the IO can tell you is if your namecheck is still going on(which is what happened to me) or if has cleared and you are in line for the interview.

After I posted the previous message, I checked my mailbox I have got my IL (postamarked 1/10/08) for 3/4/08!
Good luck Seattleliter with your IL, hope you receive it soon...

Now my question is.. Is it OK to leave country for two weeks and come back (I am planning to go from Feb. 5 to Feb 19)?
Please anyone... any concern, suggestion.. I am being little bit paranoid!:confused:

N-400 timeline Nebraska Service Center/Chicago
Priority date - 7/24/07
Receipt Notice - 08/09/07 + 2 days
FP notice - 08/15/07 + 2 days
FP appointment- 9/11/07
Interview Letter Received - 01/14/08
Interview Date - 03/04/08
Oath Letter Received - XX/XX/XX
Oath Date - XX/XX/XX
LUD: 08/09/07

After I posted the previous message, I checked my mailbox I have got my IL (postamarked 1/10/08) for 3/4/08!
Good luck Seattleliter with your IL, hope you receive it soon...

Now my question is.. Is it OK to leave country for two weeks and come back (I am planning to go from Feb. 5 to Feb 19)?
Please anyone... any concern, suggestion.. I am being little bit paranoid!:confused:

N-400 timeline Nebraska Service Center/Chicago
Priority date - 7/24/07
Receipt Notice - 08/09/07 + 2 days
FP notice - 08/15/07 + 2 days
FP appointment- 9/11/07
Interview Letter Received - 01/14/08
Interview Date - 03/04/08
Oath Letter Received - XX/XX/XX
Oath Date - XX/XX/XX
LUD: 08/09/07

Congratulations Chicago24. Good luck for the interview.
I dont think there is anything to worry about since you are going for just 2 weeks.

I have to have my IL schedule for next week to be in the same boat with you, then I will beat you. Haha, wait till you see it.

I still haven't heard much from NYC people. Doesn't seem to me like there are too many of us on this board!

I have to have my IL schedule for next week to be in the same boat with you, then I will beat you. Haha, wait till you see it.

Nimche,

I would love people to beat me 'coz that'll mean progress on their case:)
How's the progress at CSC?

I still have 2 FULL MONTHS for the interview. You know what I'm finding to be useful is the Civic Test PDF which is in the Flash Card format ...it has the pictures for easy remembering.

I still haven't heard much from NYC people. Doesn't seem to me like there are too many of us on this board!

NYC has turned into the slowest DO in the nation from being the fastest till early this year. I have not heard of any July applicant from NYC having received IL yet. I think they will strictly follow the 16-18 month timeline as mentioned in the Receipt notice (540 days)

Oh yeah, I called them 2 days later. I've noticed that you did your prints today. Call them on Wednesday, they'll definitely be done by then. I should note that the FBI operators don't confirm whether your prints have been cleared or not, they just tell you that the prints have been processed and returned to the USCIS. If you haven't been fingerprinted for criminal purposes, it's safe to assume that your prints have been cleared.

Vorpal, I do not understand what is the difference between FP clearence and namecheck clearence. Does FBI process the both? When I got my greencard in 2003, they took my FPs. Did they do namecheck then? If I was cleared in 2003 and I have no record since than, why would I have to worry? I see a lot of folks getting stuck in namecheck process. I know that I have asked a few questions. Please answer as time permits!

NYC has turned into the slowest DO in the nation from being the fastest till early this year. I have not heard of any July applicant from NYC having received IL yet. I think they will strictly follow the 16-18 month timeline as mentioned in the Receipt notice (540 days)

Nah, we're still WAAAAAY ahead of the Washington, D.C. office. A couple of NYC users with mid- to late-June 2007 PDs have recently received ILs. Here's one of them: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1844592&postcount=367

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any July applicants from NYC on this forum. After June, the only PDs I've seen are from late August on.

Nimche,

I still have 2 FULL MONTHS for the interview. You know what I'm finding to be useful is the Civic Test PDF which is in the Flash Card format ...it has the pictures for easy remembering.

CSC?
Well they are doing fine I guess. I am the one who is scratching his head and say WOW. But its OK waiting.
Legal II, do you do visualization?
I will try the PDF files, I DL a set and printed them 2 years ago to see how do they look but I am going to read them, appreciate your suggestion.
Vorpal, where is your IL? Don't you hide it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, we're still WAAAAAY ahead of the Washington, D.C. office. A couple of NYC users with mid- to late-June 2007 PDs have recently received ILs. Here's one of them: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1844592&postcount=367

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any July applicants from NYC on this forum. After June, the only PDs I've seen are from late August on.

My PD 7/28. A friend of mine has 7/10 and no IL. Even he has not heard anyone else in July getting IL. I don;t care what happens in Washington but the way we are going in NYC it looks like we may get beaten by Washington unless Chuck Shumer's extra 700 retired folks join back very soon.

Vorpal, I do not understand what is the difference between FP clearence and namecheck clearence. Does FBI process the both? When I got my greencard in 2003, they took my FPs. Did they do namecheck then? If I was cleared in 2003 and I have no record since than, why would I have to worry? I see a lot of folks getting stuck in namecheck process. I know that I have asked a few questions. Please answer as time permits!

Here's where it gets a bit complicated. Both checks (Name and FP) are performed by the FBI; however, each is handled by a different division. Since a fingerprint is a unique identifier (every human being has a unique fingerprint), it's processed digitally and immediately returned to the USCIS. As far as the name check goes, it's processed digitally as well, but certain names run into snags, which requires the need for those names to be processed manually. For example, let's say your name is John Smith. A computerized check of the main file may return "NO RESULTS", which means that you have no active investigations pending. However, a computerized check of secondary files may return a hit. A good example of a secondary file is a mention of your name in someone else's investigation. This may not even be YOUR OWN NAME, but a similar sounding/spelled name of an individual who has no relation to you whatsoever. However, the computer, being a stupid machine that it is, flags it as a hit. This requires a human technician to pull the physical files that scored a hit, and review those files to make sure that the name referenced in them is not in fact yours.

I've read in another post that there are only 30 or so technicians at the FBI whose responsibility is to perform manual checks. Imagine this: out of over 1,000,000 applicants who submitted their N-400 last year, at least a small percentage of them is bound to have common names. Suppose it's 2%. That's AT LEAST 20,000 files that have to be pulled out and examined manually. Divide that among 30 people, and you get your explanation of name check delays. Some applicants' names may score a hit in more than 1 secondary file, which causes chaos.

I am not a name check expert by any means, but this is the information that I've been able to gather from reading this forum. I hope it helps clarify the process for you.

Vorpal, where is your IL? Don't you hide it!

Actually, I got my IL, but I sent it back, along with a request that I be placed in name check for the next few years, because I'm a glutton for punishment and a mental masochist! :D:D:D

That was a bad attempt at a joke, please don't take it seriously!

Nimche,

From where did you get Civic test PDF in flash card format? Thank you.