N-400 applied after July'07 and got Interview??

What stuff are you talking about? my PD is 7/28 and no IL yet. I know 3 other folks from NYC with similar timeline but no IL. I think NYC is the most loaded DO right now so it might move very slow.

According to the processing time update on the USCIS website, the NYC DO is now processing the May 19, 2007 PD. This also seems to be the PD displayed by other fast-acting DOs, such as Columbus, OH and Seattle, WA. Both of those DOs, as well as Cincinnati, OH had reports of ILs received by applicants from July, August, and even November 2007. This leads me to question the accuracy of the processing dates published on the USCIS site.

Your PD is still only 5 months old. I wouldn't worry too much for another couple of months. If you don't receive an IL by March, it's time to start making calls. In the meantime, you should schedule an InfoPass to find out if your name check has cleared.

According to the processing time update on the This leads me to question the accuracy of the processing dates published on the USCIS site.

The dates are clearly inaccurate and inconsistent. I don't know how they derive it but it looks just a random date posted just for the viewer's pleasure. I doubt it really means anything.

According to the processing time update on the USCIS website, the NYC DO is now processing the May 19, 2007 PD. This also seems to be the PD displayed by other fast-acting DOs, such as Columbus, OH and Seattle, WA. Both of those DOs, as well as Cincinnati, OH had reports of ILs received by applicants from July, August, and even November 2007. This leads me to question the accuracy of the processing dates published on the USCIS site.

Your PD is still only 5 months old. I wouldn't worry too much for another couple of months. If you don't receive an IL by March, it's time to start making calls. In the meantime, you should schedule an InfoPass to find out if your name check has cleared.

Vorpal,

seattle is not a fast-acting DO. Only 2 people with july priority dates got ILs, while most others from june, july and even before are still waiting for ILs.

Vorpal,

seattle is not a fast-acting DO. Only 2 people with july priority dates got ILs, while most others from june, july and even before are still waiting for ILs.

Do you know if your name check has been completed?

If there are people with earlier PDs still waiting, I wonder what exactly is the method for interview scheduling. I doubt that everyone who's still waiting is stuck in name check.

What stuff are you talking about? my PD is 7/28 and no IL yet. I know 3 other folks from NYC with similar timeline but no IL. I think NYC is the most loaded DO right now so it might move very slow.

If you have cleared name check, you should be getting your interview letter within this month. This is based on the fact that the NYC forum is showing folks from the June and early July dates are getting ILs dated jan, 2-5. VSC is obviously working on June/July filers and are working by priority dates, so they should be wrapping up all eligible (meaning passed on checks) files by this month. Now this is just my opinion. :)

But like I have said before, the Immigration Information Officers at the service centers have been busy clearing out the backlogs - since they are the ones who initiate all finger print notices, IBIS checks and FBI name checks. Also for VSC, they have been busy adjudicating and approving all those EADs for the I-485 applicants. I believe they were finished with that on Nov. 31 - based on the calls with the CIS Ombudsman. I think they are just starting to focus on conducting final reviews of N-400 applications (including scheduling interviews). Again, this is just my opinion.

If you have cleared name check, you should be getting your interview letter within this month. This is based on the fact that the NYC forum is showing folks from the June and early July dates are getting ILs dated jan, 2-5. VSC is obviously working on June/July filers and are working by priority dates, so they should be wrapping up all eligible (meaning passed on checks) files by this month. Now this is just my opinion. :)

But like I have said before, the Immigration Information Officers at the service centers have been busy clearing out the backlogs - since they are the ones who initiate all finger print notices, IBIS checks and FBI name checks. Also for VSC, they have been busy adjudicating and approving all those EADs for the I-485 applicants. I believe they were finished with that on Nov. 31 - based on the calls with the CIS Ombudsman. I think they are just starting to focus on conducting final reviews of N-400 applications (including scheduling interviews). Again, this is just my opinion.

OK. You sound convincing. I will call VSC if no IL till Jan end. Thx.

If there are people with earlier PDs still waiting, I wonder what exactly is the method for interview scheduling. I doubt that everyone who's still waiting is stuck in name check.

I doubt that too. Seattle is lagging badly at the moment. I don't know about the scheduling method but I'm sure it's not fair :D So, who's lucky? :)

Well I had my Infopass appointment today and it was quite funny mostly on account of my being completely stoned. Ok I exaggerate, But I'd gotten only 3 hours of sleep, and could barely keep my bloodshot eyes open. I really had little idea what was going on around me.

I wait in a small queue (only 3 people when I got there) outside a large room with many seats and glass booths. Right at the entrance there's a guy seated at the desk checking papers - screening people no doubt. I show him my infopass appointment printout and ID, and was squinting at the booths (I'd forgotten my glasses at home) trying to catch a glimpse of the immigration officers. Meanwhile this guy looks at the appointment printout and ID but keeps pestering me with questions - what brought me there? when had I filed my N400 application? What's my A#? I'm wondering why I have to answer all these questions just to get into the room. So I pull out my receipt and show it to him and say all I'm there for is to know if I've passed namecheck. "Aha! The dreaded Namecheck!" he exclaims with undisguised glee "I can tell you right now, even without checking anything that it will not be complete" I'm getting a bit annoyed that this screener is keeping me from entering the room with his unsolicited opinions. "How can you say that?!" I protest. "Because namechecks are taking anywhere between 10 months to 3 years" he says. "Holy crap - you're kidding!" I exclaim. "No I'm not" he says. I'm wondering what to do now and whether this guy will ever let me in to talk to talk to a real IO - when out of the blue he says "But you're lucky, I see that yours is complete". What?? Then in my sleep-deprived fog it finally dawns on me - this guy is not a screener, he IS the Immigration Officer! (I finally focused on the badge on his shirt) "Really? Namecheck complete?!" I ask incredulously. "Yes" he says. "But your file is still in Vermont" it's still going to be a while for the interview - I'd say 90 days".

I made him repeat it a couple of times to be sure I was hearing right. Then I blurted out a thanks, and walked out. I must have come across as a complete idiot. but who cares? Namecheck is done! :))

Moral:

- Waiting 3 months after Fingerprinting for doing Infopass is not unreasonable - especially if you've tried calling without any results

- Get good sleep, and most importantly remember to take your glasses or contacts if you wear any ;)

S.

Hello TheBlueGod,
Did the officer tell you what time your name check is complete? If it is just complete,so the waiting time from name check complete to Interview is about 3 months? Do you know the average time from name check complete to interview?

Hello TheBlueGod,
Did the officer tell you what time your name check is complete? If it is just complete,so the waiting time from name check complete to Interview is about 3 months? Do you know the average time from name check complete to interview?

Roadw: Unfortunately I didn't ask him when the namecheck completed. the question on my mind at the time was how long more to wait for the IL. The 3 month figure is I think realistic for VSC and Boston D.O (not that I'm happy about it!) - but it may be completely different for you depending on your service center and D.O.

Jedi.Knight: Glad you liked my infopass experience description :) Cool name by the way...may the force move your Interview Letter towards you.

Roadw: Unfortunately I didn't ask him when the namecheck completed. the question on my mind at the time was how long more to wait for the IL. The 3 month figure is I think realistic for VSC and Boston D.O (not that I'm happy about it!) - but it may be completely different for you depending on your service center and D.O.

Jedi.Knight: Glad you liked my infopass experience description :) Cool name by the way...may the force move your Interview Letter towards you.

Thank Thebluegod,I think you are right ,it is totally different at service center ,especially the DO. I was told the name check is completed ,but my DO is Charlotte ,a slow one .I saw someone on the board got the IL just in 2 weeks after the FP.It is amazing!

I am bored to death again.
DO you guys think someone from our time will get interview in this week?
Throw some comments.

I can understand the frustration. My LUD is 08/09/07 and still waiting for the interview notice.
My question is how much time do you get for the interview? i.e. duration between the day you receive the interview notice and the day of the interview. Do you get at least 4 weeks? I want to go out of country for 15 days.
Any update will be greatly appreciated.

N-400 timeline Nebraska Service Center/Chicago
Priority date - 7/24/07
Receipt Notice - 08/09/07 + 2 days
FP notice - 08/15/07 + 2 days
FP appointment- 9/11/07
Interview Letter Received - XX/XX/XX
Interview Date - XX/XX/XX
LUD: 08/09/07

time between

There is atleast 4 weeks time between IL notice and IL date.

In the recent weeks, i have noticed some of them, to be as high as 6/7 weeks. but 4 weeks at a minimum ( unless postoffice messes up and delivers at wrong address ).

There is atleast 4 weeks time between IL notice and IL date.

In the recent weeks, i have noticed some of them, to be as high as 6/7 weeks. but 4 weeks at a minimum ( unless postoffice messes up and delivers at wrong address ).

Thanks for the prompt reply...

I can understand the frustration. My LUD is 08/09/07 and still waiting for the interview notice.
My question is how much time do you get for the interview? i.e. duration between the day you receive the interview notice and the day of the interview. Do you get at least 4 weeks? I want to go out of country for 15 days.
Any update will be greatly appreciated.

Priority date - 7/24/07
FP appointment- 9/11/07

Chicago24,

My timeline is almost the same as yours - PD is 1 day ahead, and FP is on exactly the same day as you, and same service center. Difference is the DO. I am in seattle. Still waiting for IL. Took infopass on Jan 3rd and was told that the namecheck is still going on.
Hopefully we'll get our ILs soon.

Hi,
I have been reading this thread for some time now and yesterday we (my husband and I) got our interview letters and we are so excited about it and wanted to share.

PS: The fingerprint notice said we should expect to be notified within 365 days for our interviews and our cases never diappeared online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I have been reading this thread for some time now and yesterday we (my husband and I) got our interview letters and we are so excited about it and wanted to share.

PS: The fingerprint notice said we should expect to be notified within 365 days for our interviews and our cases never diappeared online.

That quick processing. Good luck in your interviews.

Infopass and namecheck

Chicago24,

My timeline is almost the same as yours - PD is 1 day ahead, and FP is on exactly the same day as you, and same service center. Difference is the DO. I am in seattle. Still waiting for IL. Took infopass on Jan 3rd and was told that the namecheck is still going on.
Hopefully we'll get our ILs soon.

Thanks Seattleliter for sharing the info.

I am new to this forum. I don’t have much idea about ‘infopass’. You have mentioned you took infopass. What does that mean? And what should I do to take ‘infopass’. Also please let me know how should check the status of my name. (I think there is a FBI phone number that I need to call but I am not sure.)

Thank you in advance.

Priority date - 7/24/07
FP appointment- 9/11/07

Thanks Seattleliter for sharing the info.

I am new to this forum. I don’t have much idea about ‘infopass’. You have mentioned you took infopass. What does that mean? And what should I do to take ‘infopass’. Also please let me know how should check the status of my name. (I think there is a FBI phone number that I need to call but I am not sure.)

Thank you in advance.

Priority date - 7/24/07
FP appointment- 9/11/07

Chicgo24,

infopass is an appointment u take online at https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php to talk to an immigration officer, who can look up your case and let you know the status.
There is no way one can know the namecheck status. Even with infopass, all the IO can tell you is if your namecheck is still going on(which is what happened to me) or if has cleared and you are in line for the interview.