Missouri SESA Tracker

any news - missouri

It seems , march 2002 cases are being approved for RIR . The consultants were working for major telcom company.

Not true shanmugam1174

shanmugam1174,

I don’t know the source of your comment cause it is contrary to the information I have: my lawyer recently spoke with someone at Missouri SESA, and informed me that Missouri SESA is still stuck at October 1, 2001 RIR cases (Actually they have not even started processing October 2001 RIR cases yet). They are moving extremely slow or you can say not moving at all as far as RIR cases are concerned. They are busy doing seasonal farm worker LC cases for right now cause they have to make a decision within 30 days. My LC-RIR was filled in early October 2001, and I know for sure it is still pending with Missouri SESA. It has been almost 13 agonizing months waiting for my LC to be transferred to Regional Office for final decision.

RamFan

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply to Ramfan and other

I saw all the conversation taking place. This conversation are useful in determining how much time it will take for application.
Friends this is what I will like to add from my side.

1) My state labor was approved in 1st week of August from Iowa State. After the approval of my state level my application was send to Kansas for federal Labor approval. And to my luck my application was forwarded to Chicago.

2) How did I come to know if my application has been forwarded to Chicago? All because of your help. I called the Chicago # you have mentioned in your discussion and found our application is there with Chicago office. It was received in Sept 02.

So what I conclude is Kansas may be forwarding the federal labor application to Chicago. This heppened with my friend. His application for federal was forwarded in May 02.

Hope this will help some people.

Input from you all - Please respond

HI Everybody,

Brij523, I am glad that you find this thread useful in locating you LC, and also thanks for your input regarding your LC status.

I would like to encourage everybody, who has their LC filed with Missouri SESA or was filed and now forwarded to Chicago office to provide their filling dates (not rumors or second hand information). I will maintain a list so that we can track Missouri SESA.

It will also help us guess the timing of our LC approvals, so that we can be better prepared for the next stage: I-140 & I-485. Also, it will help people identify potential problems if they see no response from Missouri SESA. Let’s work as a team to accomplish this goal. Here are my dates to start with:

User Name: RamFan

Category: EB-3 RIR

Field: IT

Received by MO SESA: 10/8/2001

Action: Still Pending

Last Inquired: 11/2002

Thanks,

RamFan

Category :EB, RIR

Application sent: 10/17/2001 (MO SESA)

Last Inquiry: 10/16/2002 (where SESA mentioned that they are working on H-2B category)

Hi all;

EB3/RIR priority date April 1, 2002.

Jeff City still processing Oct. 01/01....called Nov.8

Missouri SESA Tracker Spreadsheet - Please review

Guys,

Attached is MO SESA Tracker based upon information provided by some members. I will update it periodically if members report any new information.

I hope we all can benefit from this.

Let me know if you guys would like to add something to the tracker.

Sincerely,

RamFam

What does field matter

I noticed that some of you are listing "field" along with your priorty date.
What does "field" have to do with processing?

I didn't realized that the LC had a "field" field when I filed mine.

Message for nelsona

When you are filing for Labour, you will be filing on a particular DOT code which classifies they you are a skilled or non -skilled.

if you are skilled and IT(Information technology), you will given a specific DOT code.

That's what Ramfan is mentioning in it's spreadsheet.

check your labour application and see the DOT code.

Then what

Thanks,

So I have a DOT #, what does this do in terms of changing priorty?

If you are lumped in with all IT is this good, bad, or indifferent.

There was a guy on this thread whose PD was Mar 2002 and he got thru already. Was this due to EB2, non-IT, individual firm or what?

Message for nelsona

nelsona,

In my opinion this is how it works: some professions like: Academicians (professors etc.) do have priority over other disciplines like IT, Engineers, Architects etc.

EB-1, EB-2 or EB-3 does not play any role in speeding up the LC process at DOL level (SESA or Regional office). EB categories play major role at INS level: processing times is different for EB-1, EB-2 & EB-3 but not significantly different pretty much same these days. Actually Nebraska is processing I-140 (second stage of GC process) faster for candidates with LC filed in EB-3 category.

I don’t know about the guy who claimed that he got his LC approved after filing in March 2002 in IT field. Honestly, Looking at all the facts. I do not believe that he got his LC cleared so fast for IT. Let’s not get side tracked by people who do not provide real facts, and stay course with our thread.

Sincerely,

RamFan

P.S. Just ask your lawyer to provide you details of you LC application. He should be able to tell your DOT code.

message for RAMFAN

The person who got his LC cleared is working in my company only. iam positive that he filed on march 2002 and mine was filed was may 2002.

My lawyer talked with someone in MO SESA on 08/21. She
advised that they are currently processing cases received at the very beginning of October 2001.

Almost 3 months have passed since then, they are still talking about Oct'1 cases. It is really frustrating.

Hi guys

I have created this forum, to see where I am stadning in LC, Now I am very happy that this thread is doing good. Well organized by RamFAN and you guys.

Miracle happend already once, Can you believe this, it happend again,

My 140 filing got delayed due some whatever reasons, but it has clreared in 11 days.

So far I am blessed.

I will be visitng this forum and can can help someonce who need information.

Raghu

Message for shanmugam1174

shanmugam1174,

It is hard to believe that someone who applied in March 2002 got their LC approved not only from Missouri SESA, but also from Regional Office – Chicago ( Chicago is taking about 3 months to process RIR cases).

I don’t know what to say, but according to the information I have and everybody else who posted information on this thread - this scenario seems very unlikely (only thing comes to my mind is: if their H-1B 6 year limit was close and they some how were able to purse Missouri SESA to expedite their LC). You might want to ask the beneficiary how it was possible for him/her to get LC approved so fast.

Let’s see how Missouri SESA moves in coming days. Future of U.S. economy looks pretty bleak next year, and we might see more slow down in Dept. of Labor processing times, but we all got to keep the hope alive. Let's stay on it and exchange information so that we are well prepared for worst-case scenario.

Sincerely,

RamFan