Missouri SESA Tracker

Message for all - good info

Guys,

After little bit of digging and research I finally discovered e-mail address of GAIL GRAVES – Missouri State Monitor Advocate E-mail: ggraves@co.wfd.state.mo.us

Person in charge of making preliminary decision on your LC application for GC, before forwarding it to the Regional office (Chicago). You probably hear her voice on the recorded message when you dial Missouri Division of Workforce Development Agency.

Use it at your own risk. Please don’t send any discriminating or unwanted e-mails, or opinions to ruin your chances of getting LC cause these kinds of e-mails can be easily tracked. This address is just for your convenience and informational purpose. Please provide this information to your attorney if you prefer to go that route.

If you do decide to write please be precise and provide valid information regarding your inquiry. I would suggest not to write any anonymous e-mails with judgmental remarks like: how slow DOL is moving etc. Please provide your name, case details and purpose of inquiry. I am sure MO, SWA would answer all legit inquiries. Please post your experiences if you decide to correspond with MO SESA via e-mail.

Sincerely,

RamFan

P.S. More information can be found here about state monitor advocates:

http://www.doleta.gov/usworkforce/resources/advocatedirectory.asp

Disclaimer: This is just an opinion and not a legal advise. Please contact an attorney for legal advise.

Last news

Last I communicated with my attorney was on Nov. 5th 2002. According to him MO SESA still has not moved beyond October 1, 2001 RIR cases.

I don't know if they have made any progress since then. My wild guess is ---> no progress as far as RIR cases are concerned.

RamFan
:mad:

Q for Nelsona

Nelsona,

Where did you get this information: MO SESA automated phone system or some other source?

Thanks,

RamFan

Venting

I don’t know about you guys, but I have had it with MO SESA. They have not moved an inch on RIR cases since past 4.5 months. For some stupid reason they are stuck at October 1 2001. People in my company who applied LC a month before me are already in I-485 stage.

Now I have to re-new my H-1 for another three years since I was anticipating to be in the third stage of GC by now and thought that I would not need H-1b extension.

I guess U.S. government need to pass few more outrageous laws like Section 245(i) to completely break down the legal immigration process.

RamFan

Last edited by a moderator:
News from MO - SWA

Guys,

I really do not want to break bad news all the time but I thought it would be wise to share this information with you all:

According to information exchanged with another user of this forum: MO - SWA will start processing permanent LC – RIR cases after Feb 2003. They are currently processing H-1B and H-2A LC cases and will continue to do so until February 2003. According to MO SWA they have only one person working on LC cases. As we all know they have not moved beyond October 1, 2001 RIR cases and I truly feel sorry for regular LC cases, which are stuck on April 2001 date.

I guess we all can dream on..... it will take us another 2-3 years to get GC, if we ever get it. May be HOPE is the better word for all of us.

Please post your messages, if you have any new information on this subject.

Sincerely,

RamFan

Happy New Year

Happy new year to all.

Wish you a year full of fast DOL and INS/DHS approvals.

Any one hear any thing from MO SESA/SWA ????????

Wow!

Congrats!

At last some good news that MO SESA is doing something. Mine was filed in Nov'2001, still nothing. Same old Message "That phone number cannot be located".

Q for rpanwar

Rpanwar,

Could you provide more details about your case ex. EB-3 or EB-2, RIR ?? what area: IT or something else? How do you know that your case was forwarded to Chicago? Did you call someone or got this information via Chicago DOL automated system?

You input can help other people on this forum analyze their LC situation.

Thanks,

RamFan

Another Question for Rpanwar

rpanwar,

Another question: Are you located in Kansas City or some where in Kansas State cause if you are some where in Kansas State then you have nothing to do with Missouri SWA. You case was processed by Kansas state SWA and your date sound pretty close to what Kansas state SWA is currently processing. In my opinion Missouri SWA is still stuck on October 2001 RIR date.

Please let us know.

Thanks,

RamFan

P.S. Sorry guys this one looks like a false alarm.

Last edited by a moderator:
RamFan

Have you had a chance to contact gail graves, I faxed her on monday requesting my case status and an approximate date when my case would be transferred to DOL, but no response so far.

Kaiser

Kaiser,

I work for a very large company and do not have the liberty to directly correspond with Miss Graves. Everything is done via HR dept, which further passes the request to the big law firm who does all the correspondence with DOL or INS. Last time I asked HR was back in November 2002 and was told that it will be few months before they look at my case. It has been more than few months and Missouri SWA still has not looked at my case. I can say it by 100% surety because my case has not reached Chicago DOL as of today.

My employer had to file for my H-1 extension for another 3 years which they were not anticipating since they thought I would be in I-140 or I-485 stage by now, but thanks to Missouri SWA they have to file my H-1 extension, and spend another $2500 dollars.

The funny part of this whole mess is that my colleagues who filed their labor just TEN days ahead of me i.e. last of week of September 2001 are already in I-485 stage finger printing done etc. I guess I missed the train by just ten days. Now, I am waiting as you all. Plus DOL is getting stricter in approving RIR cases. I am not sure that it will a done deal once it reaches Chicago DOL.

Please let us know once you hear anything back from Miss Graves.

Sincerely,

RamFan