Missouri SESA Tracker

Please update

I have a H1-B extension petition filed with the INS. I would greatly appreciate if anyone accessing this forum can post their filing/approval dates if they are in a similar situation. I have created a new thread under H visas - Nebraska Center tracker for this purpose.

Confused about the SESA date in Missouri

Hi, guys,

My lawyer told me that they are expecting approval cases that filed on Feb. 02. But in DOL website, RIR in Missouri is still in Oct. 01. I don't know which one is correct?

:confused:

Question for Windflower

Windflower,

I don’t know if your Lawyer is correct when he says “they are expecting approval cases that filed on Feb. 02”. I did talk with Gail Graves (person in charge of making decisions on RIR LC applications at Missouri SWA) myself just last week and she told me that “Probably they are processing RIR LC cases received during second week of October 2001.

May be you would want to check once more with your attorney? Do you mind sharing more details regarding your case. Is your case also filed under Eb-2 or EB-3 RIR? Are you also in IT?

Also, when he says expecting approval cases filed on Feb 2002.....does that mean from Missouri SWA or Chicago regional office?

I would appreciate your response in this regard.

Thanks,

RF

Response for RamFan

RamFan,

In fact, I asked the SESA date in Missouri for my lawyer last December, and was told that the information on web was not correct and they were expecting approval cases that filed on Jan. 2001. I think the date should mean from Missouri SWA, not from Chicago office.
My case is EB-2 RIR and I work on biological area in university, not the IT.
If there is still no change in the DOL webpage this month, I should bother my lawyer again.

Regards

Windflower:(

DOL website is correct

Wind,

The correct date of Oct. 2001 has been verified by the person actually processing cases.

Methinks your lawyer is merely stringing you along, extrapolating from previous experience and giving you a false sense of security

RIR's are stuck in October 2001, and have been for several months.:( MO SESA has even given specific reasons as to why they were not processing LCs during this time

Keep watching this site, or better yet, contact Miss Graves yourself.

Re: DOL website is correct

If any one looking for a honest company to process Labor from Harrisburg mail me. 80-20 deal on Ur rate. No charges for H1 or GC.
gcforme2003@yahoo.com

Originally posted by nelsona
Wind,

The correct date of Oct. 2001 has been verified by the person actually processing cases.

Methinks your lawyer is merely stringing you along, extrapolating from previous experience and giving you a false sense of security

RIR's are stuck in October 2001, and have been for several months.:( MO SESA has even given specific reasons as to why they were not processing LCs during this time

Keep watching this site, or better yet, contact Miss Graves yourself.

My opinion & Q for nelsona

Guys,

This is just my opinion: I firmly believe that Missouri SWA has no intention of working on RIR cases swiftly. I also believe that they are still stuck at October 1, 2001 date. Missouri SWA received my RIR case during first week of October 2001, and it has not been forwarded to Chicago DOL as of today.

I am forced to believe that Missouri SWA has not moved an inch since past 5 months. I draw my opinion based on facts and not only what lawyers say or information on DOL website.

Nelsona,

You mentioned that MO SWA has given some specific reason for not processing RIR cases: Is it due to lack of staff or something else? I know they were busy processing seasonal farm worker LC and then regular H-1B temporary LC's. For god sake the season is over and now a days not many people are filling for H-1B. So, I wonder what is holding them now? May be some secret DOL memo: "Don't process RIR until economy gets better". And if later is the case don't they have some sort of obligation by law to tell it to people.

Thanks,

RF

P.S.

Gcguy2, I would appreciate if you find a relevant forum to post your message. This is forum is clearly not for people who are looking for LC filling in Harrisburg.

Nelsona,

Could you please let us know the specific reason for the delay/freeze on LC processing.

RamFan
I was thinking about writing to a senator from missouri, I think it might just work if we all can sign some kind of a petition describing our situation.

Let me know your opinion.

Kaiser

MO SESA delays

I don't know anymore than is already posted many many times on this site.

It was clear that windflower had not read the entire thread and was instead relying on patently false information from the lawyer.

If wanting to contact a MO legislator, I trust you would be contacting a member of the STATE senate or legislature , as Washington DC has absolutely no jurisdiction over SESA.

http://www.moga.state.mo.us/

I'm sure they will be real sympathetic to whining from a few foreigners, who don't vote. Yeah right

We all hit a Brick Wall

Guys,

I don’t know if escalating the problem to a senator will help our cause. I am as frustrated as you are all with no site of light at the end of the tunnel. I am going to Canada to complete my residence there in case this whole drama does not plan out for me. I work for a fortune 100 company, who clamed to have 100% success rate when it comes to RIR LC’s. They show extensive recruitment effort like newspaper ads, college recruitment, Internet ads etc. But still I do not want to take any chances.

When it comes to pushing DOL to move faster corporations are no different than us. Even Company as powerful as mine can not do anything. Corporations raise their arms when it comes to pressuring DOL to move faster.

Damn…Missouri SWA.

RamFan

RamFan/Kaiser
Hey could you guys tell me if i were to apply my laobor again from a diff state (SInce MO is taking such a long time to process.I have applied from MO RIR EB3 in Jan 2002) should the company has to withdraw the current labor from the MO.I would really appreciate if anyone can give me more inputs and thoughts on this.

I talked to my lawyer and he said the One employer is not allowed to file for the same alien more than one LC.

Thanks
venu

vvennam

vvennam,

I do not think that you can apply for another LC in a different state with the same company. Also, your job location is the primary factor in deciding where to file LC.

You can file two LC applications at the same time in different states, but it has to be filed by different employers.

Good Luck,

RamFan

Ramfen,
Thanks a lot buddy for ur input.is there anyway that i can get a hold of u, as i need to talk to u.

venu

Missouri SWA - Status

Guys,

I sent an e-mail to an officer at Missouri SWA:

How long it will be before your office will be done with October 2001 RIR cases?

Here is the response I received:

We are currently processing October 2001 cases, so it should not be much longer.

Well, now you all know what is going on.

Good luck,

RF

Premium Processing for LC?

Is there anything such as 'Premium Processing' for Labor Certs? I heard sometime back that there are plans to start it for I-140 stage. Did any of you hear anything like that for LCs?

thanks

generic e-mail

RamFan, I wouldn't get too excited with your e-mail, I'm sure the same response would have been given six months ago.

Just like the Graves' voice-mail response has said "we are currently processing...", it (obviously from what we've seen) does not mean that they are actually working on these files, it simply means that's what Month is on top of the pile.

I know it must be absolutely torturous for those of you with Oct/Nov 2001 dates to be stuck in this position, but you are doing yourself no favour trying to read nuances from voice and e-mail messages.

The surest sign that they are advancing is when the announce that they are working on Nov. 2001. Until then it is best, I think, to assume that they are doing nothing.

nelsona

Nelsona,

It was not my intention to raise people’s hopes. I just wanted to inform folks with the latest news. This time I corresponded with someone other then Miss Graves at Missouri SWA, and I thought it would be a good idea to share the news.

Sincerely,

RamFan