Missouri SESA Tracker

RamFan,

You have mentioned in your post that chicago is getting tough on RIR cases, is it just your view or did your company recieve any rejections, I asked my lawyer about it and he said he hasn't received any rejections so far for the cases filed for my company.
I am a bit scared now let me know if you hear anything about rejections/approvals.

Kaiser

Kaiser

Kaiser,

This is just my point of view. There is no need to be scared. I draw my opinion from news, which I get from other people, TV, and newspapers. National unemployment rate is > 6% i.e. highest in 8 years. DOL is under lot of pressure to scrutinize foreign LC applications. My company has 100% approval rate from Chicago DOL but not from Texas and California.

I would still say that there is no need to be pessimistic, but at the same time be prepared for the worse. I wish our LC was forwarded few months back from Missouri SWA. Also, don’t forget Missouri SWA plays a major role in your LC approval and there is no statistics available to see how they are doing.

Let is know.....what Miss Graves said regarding your case.

RamFan

DOL HQ Report

Missouri Oct'2001.

Guys, I guess this is our destiny to be in this situation. But we are lucky that we still have our job. There are a lot of people out there in final stages of green card, but no job.

This was the reply I reced from MO SESA

Please have your attorney contact our office for any
information. Legally we are only allowed to give the information to them.
I can tell you, we are currently working in October 2001 cases.

Martha Doney
Division of Workforce Development

Kaiser

Kaiser,

Here you have it. I am not surprised that Missouri SWA wants your attorney to contact them. Well, I guess we can only wait at this point in time. Wait game is exhausting and takes lot out of you but we have no other choice.

I agree with pareshan. We are fortunate to have a job. Most people are sadly out of work.

I am hoping Missouri SWA will start moving forward in February.

RamFan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,

did any of you contact your attorney's lately for an update on MO SESA, if not can somebody contact , I just want to verify my attorney's reason about the delay in processing.

Thanks
kaiser

Kaiser,

I talked to my attorney last week and he said that MO is still processing Oct 2001 and the reason he said that there is only one person working on the LC and now that he is busy with the temp LC's.

If you guys hear something diff please post it here.

Good News

Guys,

Here is what I would like share with you all. I did talk with someone from my attorney's office, and was told that Missouri SWA has started processing permanent LC received in October 2001. They inquired last week.

Let me clear few things here: First of all in my opinion Missouri SWA never started reviewing RIR cases received after October 1, 2001. But they keep telling everybody that they are working on October 2001. My case would have been right there if they would have started processing RIR cases received within first 10 days of October 2001.

I am not sure about the news shared by vvennam’s attorney that they will start processing permanent LC early summer because by that time PERM will be implemented hence the whole drama of converting NON-PERM cases like ours to cases filed as if they were according to PERM guidelines. According to latest DOL news PERM will be implemented by June 2003.

Let’s pray for the best and keep sharing rumors / news with each other.

Take care,

RamFan

RamFan,
It is indeed good news , hope they have started processing LC's , BTW what is PERM?

kaiser

Ramfan/Kaiser

Any guess when would the MO would really start working on our cases.Getting really worried.

Freeze in RIR cases

Ramfan/Kaiser

THere is rumor going around that there has been an unofficial freeze on the RIR cases.Did u guys happen to hear that and can u guys throw some light on it.

Venu

vvenam

I haven't heard anything about the freeze neither has my lawyer, let me research it a bit more and ill let you know if i find out anything.

kaiser

Information

Hi Guys,

We all know that final LC approval responsibility rests on the shoulders of Regional Certifying Officer in our case CHICAGO

Lot of people wonder: what is the role of STATE - SWA or Missouri – SWA responsible for initial permanent LC processing?

I found a link, which may be able to answer some of above stated questions. Missouri - SWA currently does not have anything available to answer these questions, but Illinois DOL does and here is the link:

http://www.ides.state.il.us/employer/special/alien/aliencert.htm

Please pay attention to “IDES Role” PART OF THE WEB PAGE.

Sincerely,

RamFan

P.S. To my knowledge there is no official freeze on processing LC applications. Because of economic down trend DOL is very cautions/slow in approving/processing LC’s.

Thanks RamFan for the info, Well it is Feb 2003 and lets all hope MO SESA has started processing RIR's . BTW I was plesantly surprised when somebody at MO SESA picked up the phone on friday but again she couldn't tell me much other than that they are processing oct 2001 cases.

NEWS - Missouri SWA

Guys,

To my surprise some answered the phone when I called Missouri SWA information number 573- 751-3773 today i.e. 02/05/2003.

I spoke with Miss Graves briefly; She told me that they are processing October 2001 RIR cases. I asked again could you give me some idea about exact dates for example first week of October or second etc. She said “probably second week”.

if you decide to call please keep the nature of your inquiry general rather than specific regarding your case . If you tried to be specific than she may say tell your attorney to contact us via fax.

Sincerely,

RamFan

Last edited by a moderator:
RamFan,
That's good news thx for sharing it, when is ur priority date ? mine is in the last week of october assuming that they will transfer my case in the begining of march it will take another 3 months for chicago to process it.

Let's hope for the best

Kaiser,

My priority date is sometime during first week of October 2001. Well, let’s hope that they will start moving little bit faster. I hope she gave me the right information. I will inform you guys as soon as my case show’s up at Chicago DOL.

RF