I am AOS spouse LPR any hope??

lost2008

hubby just got his GC. but now where do we start. I came on a h1b visa in 2001, got laid off, got married to him here in 2002(was aos so didn't file for anything) have 2 children. Now that he is all set we are trying to figure out how to get my mess sorted out :( PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help with any advice!!

you mean you were on H4 til now w/o your own AOS ? If that is the case, you should go out of the US and file follow to join in your country.

no, she hasn't been in H4 status. Somehow she just didn't change her H1b to H4 or join his AOS for whatever reason, and will now pay dearly for it.

when i got married i was already out of status thats why i didn;t change the status. I know it is not right and everything. But it was just a question. It amazing how this forum is full of people who will just bash or let others be put down.

no, she hasn't been in H4 status. Somehow she just didn't change her H1b to H4 or join his AOS for whatever reason, and will now pay dearly for it.

Yes. She needs to see a lawyer. She doesn't appear to be covered by 245i (even if his PD covers it), and is likely subject to the 10-year bar.

It amazing how this forum is full of people who will just bash or let others be put down.

No one is bashing you, but you do have a serious problem that may not be resolvable. You need to seek professional legal assistance. I assume your I-94 has expired?

It amazing how this forum is full of people who will just bash or let others be put down.

You have reported about people being negative on this thread, which made a notification to have sent out to all moderators...and that's why I'm here. First of all, I don't see anyone being negative and bashing you; instead people are trying to get more information on your situation so that they could help you best. Secondly, being negative is not against the rules of this board so to report such thing.

You have already been told that nobody is bashing you. If you want to seek help from others on here, then be patience and try to be give as much as information possible about your situation. Most people are here to help you than being negative and bashing you...

Hope you will try to understand this....

You have reported about people being negative on this thread, which made a notification to have sent out to all moderators...and that's why I'm here. First of all, I don't see anyone being negative and bashing you; instead people are trying to get more information on your situation so that they could help you best. Secondly, being negative is not against the rules of this board so to report such thing.

You have already been told that nobody is bashing you. If you want to seek help from others on here, then be patience and try to be give as much as information possible about your situation. Most people are here to help you than being negative and bashing you...

Hope you will try to understand this....

I second that. :cool:

Our "rules" are based totally upon commons sense, civility and freedom of expression. If someone does not like someone else's post, one easy way to handle it is by placing them on their "ignore" list.

It is ok to be negative but not rude. Personal attacks are certainly not tolerated but in this case, no rules were broken.

Remember when posting on a public forum be prepared to take some form of criticism. We understand that not everyone is tactful or helpful. Since it's a free forum, try to get as much info as possible while ignoring the negative. The mods/admins pay very good attention to prevent a situation to get off hands.

Happy posting :)

Back to the issue at hand. If your I-94 is expired for more than 6 month and you ware not on some D/S visa (F/J etc) your only chance will be to wait for your husband to become a citizen and then petition for you.