Georgia SESA Tracker

nidzanu said:
hi guys!
My case was filed with Atlanta DOL in reguler category in Feb 2003. I've been wanting to change it to RIR category as attroney says that we can not change the category and we need to file a new case in RIR and withdraw this old case at that time.
Now, my dilemma is: should I go ahead and change the case to RIR and lose almost 2 years of time waiting in reguler category? Or, I should continue waiting in reguler category and let DOL clear it. This becomes little more tricky knowing that there have been changes in DOL processing system recently.
Has anyone come across this scenario? I need a second advice on it as my attorney has suggested to go ahead and change it to RIR before the end of this year.

Any idea if I would get my case in reguler category cleared in this life, as DOL still shows April 2001 as processing date which by the way, has been the same date for the last 2 years. Are they processing any cases at all??

Regards,
Nidzanu

Hi Nidzanu,

I am exactly in the same situation. Mine has been applied in regular category in sept 2003. Am trying to decide weather to go for RIR, or just wait.

Thanks,
-NK..

Last edited by a moderator:
nidzanu said:
hi guys!
My case was filed with Atlanta DOL in reguler category in Feb 2003. I've been wanting to change it to RIR category as attroney says that we can not change the category and we need to file a new case in RIR and withdraw this old case at that time.
Now, my dilemma is: should I go ahead and change the case to RIR and lose almost 2 years of time waiting in reguler category? Or, I should continue waiting in reguler category and let DOL clear it. This becomes little more tricky knowing that there have been changes in DOL processing system recently.
Has anyone come across this scenario? I need a second advice on it as my attorney has suggested to go ahead and change it to RIR before the end of this year.

Any idea if I would get my case in reguler category cleared in this life, as DOL still shows April 2001 as processing date which by the way, has been the same date for the last 2 years. Are they processing any cases at all??

Regards,
Nidzanu

Hello all Guru's,

It feels really heart breaking that no one has responded to this message. I too am exactly in the same situation as Nidzanu. Please any advice or openion will be greatly appreciated.
Please respond,
-NK..

Chanduv,

I hope to talk to you... I sent an email to your hotmail emailbox which has my personal phone number. Could you please check it?
We are in the same boat. Please contact me. This is a tough time for us...

I called my lawyer today. She advised me not to keep calling the GA Labor departement consistently on a case because they don't like it. She strictly warned me against doing it.
She says all April cases are either being worked on or packed to be sent to the backlog reduction centers. Chances are that they will go to backlog reduction centers.
In the backlog reduction centers they will be working on a FIFO basis based on priority dates so she says, there might be delays but not as much as it is currently, the delays will be fair for all and eventually all cases will be worked on and backlogs will be reduced as opposed to backlogs being accumulated as it is happening currently.
If you have filed under EB3 chances are that they might be retrogressed but depending on a case by case the dates look like they will move forward.

Chanduv23,

Thank you for the update. Let's keep in touch. I called Georgia DOL but they would not tell me a specific case status. They just said they are currently processing April 20 cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chanduv,

To be honest, I am very depressed. The fact I found out is that one just can not trust all the words a lawyer says. Lawyers always give false hopes (maybe to prevent one from bothering him/her again). When I applied LC, I was told the whole process would only take about 1 year. Look at what is heppening now, we waited 8 months to get State approval, and then we are going to wait for 2 more years for the holy "FIFO" policy... Lawyers always play with us in that when thet give out false hopes, they always use some very vague wors like "might", "possible", "chances", "evetually"... so that in the future even if they are proved to be wrong, they still do not bear any responsibility. I especially don't like the word "eventually". yes, "eventually", well, maybe after 100 years? I can say I will eventually die. :D

Chanduv, Sorry for the pessimism. I am just so frustrated. But again, let's keep in touch, at least to encourage each other.

Allaboutgc,
Thats the problem with lawyers. They know law so well that they are always careful in what they talk and it becomes their routine.
They can also not do much with situations changing, they do not want to lose clients at the same time things are not under their control.
I basically do not want to bother them anymore, because thats what they want.
No more hopes on things getting better

This thread has been very silent for a week. Any update friends? please post, even if no positive progress. I just hope we can keep each other updated.

Thank you.

Case Forwarded

HI, Guys

My boss just showed me a postcard from Georgia DOL, saying that my case was forwarded to Regional Office on December 17, 2004. I'll see you on the Regional thread. Good Luck!

GC_starter,

Can you do me a favor? Can you look through the postcard from Georgia DOL and check whether the DOT code is printed on it? Thanks a million!