Georgia SESA Tracker

Hi, Starter,

If you do not mind, could you please share your DOT code? Or you could send a private message to me? This is imporatnt to me. Thanks a million!!!

RIR LC between Jan 1, 2005 - March 28, 2005

Friends,

Applying for labor certification in RIR in a day or two...where one should be sending LC application? Is it to NPC or BEC or state labor department?. Is there any change in RIR case processing rules between Jan 1, 2005 to March 28, 2005? Would like the application to be sent to right place.

Thanks in advance.

I asked my lawyer to find out the status. She says mine is not the only case that was filed on April 5th 2004, there are many other cases so it is difficult to find out status of my case. I don't know if DOL will tell status of the application to a lawyer.

RIR and Regular Cases in One Queue in BRCs.

01/21/2005: DOL Backlog Reduction Processing Update

The DOL did not disclose in details a number of issues in the PERM Briefings which the consumers were interested in. It turned out that some of these issues had been discussed with the AILA in telephone conference before the PERM Briefing sessions began. Some of these issues had been answered as follows:
Status of Processing at the Backlog Processing Centers:
The cases which were transferred from the Regional Offices were processed first. For these cases, initial letters have been being sent out. Once the responses come back from the applicants, they will start adjudicating the cases. The current state is as follows:
Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions Cases: Data entry for these cases has been completed and letters have been sent out and the Backlog Centers are awaiting the responses for further processing and adjudication.
Chicago and Atlanta Regions Cases: These cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers later and currently being data-entried. Once the data entry is completed, letters will be sent out the applicants as it did with the Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions cases.
The cases which were transferred from the SWA (state offices) are at the stage of data entry. Once data entry is completed, the same steps will be taken as described above.
Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!
Opened Cases vs. Unopened Cases: Under the Transition Guideline, unopened cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers and opened cases will be completed by the SWAs. The definition of "opened cases" is the application packages which are at the SWAs in unopened boxes or where no letters have been issued by the SWAs to the applicants. Accordingly, those who received a letter from the state offices may be completed at the state offices rather than being transferred to the Backlog Centers.
Notification of Address Changes of the Applicants or Attorneys: If one knows that his/her case has been transferred to the Backlog Centers, the notification should be addressed to the Backlog Centers. If one does not know, DOL suggests to such notification to both the Backlog Center and the SWA office.
Address of Certifying Officers and SWA in the Notice Posting for Cases to be Filed before 03/28/2005: People should follow the same rules and requirements under the current labor certification regulation. Thus the notice posting should direct the public to file misrepresentation or complaints to the office of Certifying Officer's office and the state labor certification unit. Remember, though, some Regions, addresses have been changed: Chicago and Atlanta offices.

friends,
I changed lawyer and this is what the new lawyer has to say. He feels that the L/C at GA DOL has been sent to Backlog reduction. So I guess most of ours are around the same date, so it has gone to backlog reduction center.

1. Can you please contact your previous attorney to authorize and request that he send to me copies of the papers filed with the agency and copies of any replies received back from the agency? We will need this to document your application. Also please ask him to forward any further documents he receives to me, so that we won't miss any notices, etc.

2. Location of application: we will try to determine whether your application went up to Atlanta DOL, but I expect that it will be adjudicated by a backlog center at the end of the day.

3. We may want to review the prospects for filing an application under Perm, possibly with new requirements. This will become a ripe question when we reach the analysis of SPL's compliance with the Perm requirements.

I think that this covers all our open issues. Please let me know when you have contact your previous attorney.

Thank you,

Warren

Chanduv,

thank you for your update.
what does your lawyer mean by "it will be adjudicated by a backlog center at the end of the day"?
I am also in the process of changing lawyer. When I called Georgia DOL, I asked them how to check my case status. They said the lawyer or the employer can fax them an inquiry form with alien's name, case number, and receipt date, and they WILL reply back. I told my lawyer about this but he refused to fax. So I made up my mind to fire him!!! I mean his attitude is just ridiculous. Of course there will be no refund at all. I am trying to have my employer send Georgia DOL a fax. I suggest you do the same thing. I am worse than you as I don't even have a case number.

Labor certification delays

Only way out seems to be Canada, but lets assure everybody that we won't let go without fight. Its mere exploitation. They are trying to test our patience. I still can't believe they will implement PERM joke without eliminating
existing files. On top of that we have Visa number retrogression. And last but not least (and most important) they will process RIR and regular application in same queue.
Its satirical that no lawyer has any idea about whole of these new initiatives by DOL (BEC, NPC, PERM...).

Don't think that somebody will speak about it and everything will be fixed/solved. Nobody cares about you, its you who fights for yourself. If eventually we have to leave then why not let DOL/USCIS realize (do they ever ?) that we were important part of the society in every way.Please show your support here:

thread for "action against labor certifcate delays"

Reality check here, many of us here are "Raj"

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah my old lawyer was not good to me. When I asked him about what is happening, he replied back that I am not the only person trying to immigrate there are so many people.

Yesterday I sent an email to my old lawyer to send all my documents to the new lawyer. He never replied back, and when I called him, his secretary took my information and she replied that he is busy and he will send the information to my new lawyer, then i had to blast her to pass the phone to him, and surprisingly he was also on phone and he started talking. He asked me what I want, I asked him if there is anything from my side I need to do he said nothing and will transfer all my documents.

My new lawyer is trying to get my status. He has already contacted GA DOL and they asked him to get me to sign form g 28 and fax it to them and they will give him my update.

Dear friends, I will give an update next week on my case. hopefully we can know statuses of similar applications

Stiil here...

I am still watching this thread actively. I have not posted anything because I haven't received any response to the status of my RFE. Even the lawyer's office has no clue. It might be due to this BRC B.S. that the response is taking so long.
It seems like this is going to take a long, long time....

Thank you for coming back...
Even if no news, please post so that we all know each other's status.
We are like a big family here. At least I think so.

Guys/Gals,
I too have been a silent member of this forum. My Application was filed on April 5th 2004.

I contacted my lawyer and was told that our applications have been transferred to Backlog Reduction Center and are being entered in the System. Also, it would take some time before the data entry is completed and the processing begins.

regards
Hans

Hans,

Did your application go to Atlanta regoinal and then the Backlog Center?

Or, did it go directly to the Backlog Center from the Georgia State DOL?

Could you please check with your lawyer? Now I am doing changing lawyer and my lawyer refuses to answer any of my questions.

Hi,
Following is the Email sent to me by my lawyer early last week.

"Your application was received by GA DOL on 04/05/2004. They are currently working on cases from April 2004.

Note that two Backlog Reduction Centers (BRCs) were recently created. Most US DOL have already forwarded their cases to the BRCs (starting December 2004). Most State DOL are forwarding their cases to BRCs. Your case should be soon transferred from GA DOL to a BRC. The BRCs are currently entering information about the cases in their systems. We should receive a receipt from the BRC within the next few months. We will update the web site as soon as we receive it. Please check our web site (I will e-mail you the ID and password) and contact us if you have any questions.
"
regards
Hans