• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

how much time is “some time”? If it’s less than a year, you don’t need a re-entry permit.
Right around 2 years actually. Gotta finish university. I'll still be visiting the US constantly and file my taxes (assuming I get DV).

You can depart from the US after the re-entry form has been filed and accepted by USCIS while planning on returning for the biometrics when scheduled. Yes, the approved re-entry permit can be picked up from your US embassy/consulate if that pickup option is indicated on the application form.
Thank you! So I can depart the US when the application is accepted by USCIS and I get a "Notification of Receipt" and don't need to wait in the US until the biometrics like other people online have mentioned. This is of course while planning to come back to the US when the biometrics appointment is scheduled. I would appreciate confirming my conclusion on the matter.

Right around 2 years actually. Gotta finish university. I'll still be visiting the US constantly and file my taxes (assuming I get DV).
2 years from now? So you’re not actually in the US at the moment? (You’re posting under the AOS forum which is for people currently resident in US). One way you can try stretch it - depending on when you actually get your visa - is to only enter as an LPR just before (say a few days before) your visa expires - if you’re driving distance you don’t need to worry about flight delays etc. depending when you actually get your visa you may not need a REP - example if you get it near the end of the 24/25 FY (not sure if you mentioned your case number), enter almost 6 months later, then a year to come back - that’s more than 2 years from now . Of course the key is when you actually get an interview, but you can essentially push it to almost 18 months from interview date by following this route.

~ ~ A couple of non AOS related posts got moved from the AOS thread to the CP thread ~ ~
<Moderator>

Thank you! So I can depart the US when the application is accepted by USCIS and I get a "Notification of Receipt" and don't need to wait in the US until the biometrics like other people online have mentioned. This is of course while planning to come back to the US when the biometrics appointment is scheduled. I would appreciate confirming my conclusion on the matter.

"Other people online" - I'm just "other people" now????

2 years from now? So you’re not actually in the US at the moment? (You’re posting under the AOS forum which is for people currently resident in US). One way you can try stretch it - depending on when you actually get your visa - is to only enter as an LPR just before (say a few days before) your visa expires - if you’re driving distance you don’t need to worry about flight delays etc. depending when you actually get your visa you may not need a REP - example if you get it near the end of the 24/25 FY (not sure if you mentioned your case number), enter almost 6 months later, then a year to come back - that’s more than 2 years from now . Of course the key is when you actually get an interview, but you can essentially push it to almost 18 months from interview date by following this route.
SusieQQQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome!

Thanks. That outcome is also fine, of course I will have no need for the L1 regardless after having the IV. Since I'm currently living in the US, I assume I put my address in the DS160 and whatnot. I was understanding from Simon's videos that you can technically pick any country to do your immigrant visa in, not sure if I'm understanding that correctly. In that case would it be prudent to try to find one with quick interview waiting times, or does that not apply to this type of visa? When searching online and on the gov website, I only find waiting times related to non-immigrant visas. The waiting times for these in my home country are max 16 days. If there are any waiting times to be concerned about for immigrant visas I assume that's a good indication that wait times in my home country will be very low.

The only other downside maybe I saw for the CP process would be just that there may be more scrutiny, but I guess as a European who has no criminal history, no unusual travel history to countries of concern to the US, 10+ years of software engineer work experience, plenty of savings, etc (basically no disqualifying factors), the amount of scrutiny given to my case would likely be very low and not be something considering as a justification to do the AOS route instead, where you likely are going to end up having to prove some of that stuff anyways regardless unless you have a waived interview and waived interviews don't seem to be the norm from the experiences on the spreadsheets. Reading Simon's experience on his blog about that definitely makes me feel like the CP process is better for us. Traveling, taking a lot of time off etc isn't an issue for us. The process definitely seems more straightforward with less uncertainty and waiting around for status updates.
Not sure where I gave the idea you can pick any country to be interviewed. That's a "nope".

Hi everyone and thanks for your help! I came across this awesome database that @Britsimon has put together from CEAC:
(sorry website didn't allow to post link)
And I was wondering why some Embassies have a lot of low Case Numbers under "ready" when they should be more likely to get proccessed. Is this because the officers at the Embassy forget to process those cases? I'm assuming that seeing many cases under "ready" is a red flag for an Embassy, is that correct? Here's an example of the performance of the US Embassy at Madrid for 2023 in case that I'm not explaining myself well:View attachment 4686

Thanks in advance for your help :)

The CEAC data is extracted, compiled and shared by Xarthisius, not me.

He answered you already, but was too polite to correct you giving me the credit for his work. :)

"Other people online" - I'm just "other people" now????
Hi BRIT!!! Haha good to see you here. I posted this here before I received your response on your blog LOL, so you're definitely not "other people" as I did not get your take on this matter yet. You're the DV master lord himself! I've had this discussion on Reddit before and I was told by others, literally, that the 6th month absence rule resets every time I enter the US, even if it was for one day, but then was also told by others, again (lol), that the border patrol may not like that and can still slap me with "abandonment of US residence", so I was literally put on the edge.

I just saw your response confirming that I won't need to worry if I can cross to the US from Canada every couple of months, even if I stay for a day in the US and come back to maintain the LPR status. I'll take your word for it, you're the boss. Not only I don't want to waste my time with I-131, but also don't want to pay $900 CAD for it! My goodness, the astronomical fees. Cheers! Keep pumping out the good stuff! Credit to @Sm1smom for being awesome too!

Last edited:
Hi BRIT!!! Haha good to see you here. I posted this here before I received your response on your blog LOL, so you're definitely not "other people" as I did not get your take on this matter yet. You're the DV master lord himself! I've had this discussion on Reddit before and I was told by others, literally, that the 6th month absence rule resets every time I enter the US, even if it was for one day, but then was also told by others, again (lol), that the border patrol may not like that and can still slap me with "abandonment of US residence", so I was literally put on the edge.

I just saw your response confirming that I won't need to worry if I can cross to the US from Canada every couple of months, even if I stay for a day in the US and come back to maintain the LPR status. I'll take your word for it, you're the boss. Not only I don't want to waste my time with I-131, but also don't want to pay $900 CAD for it! My goodness, the astronomical fees. Cheers! Keep pumping out the good stuff! Credit to @Sm1smom for being awesome too!

And it's not that I am suggesting you could do the "every couple of months" thing forever, that would not be my advice, because sooner or later they will be a nuisance.

And it's not that I am suggesting you could do the "every couple of months" thing forever, that would not be my advice, because sooner or later they will be a nuisance.
It's only for a year (maybe two). I know it's a stretch. We'll see how it goes. I think CBP would usually give me a warning when I do fall into the danger zone, at that time, I-131 is a must really.

I am selected for DV2025 with CN AS8***. I have Highschool diploma. Will they also ask for my work recommendations if I have working experiences(they don’t fall under the required DV work qualifications tho) on DS 260 ? Do they call my employers to check if I actually worked there or not?

I am selected for DV2025 with CN AS8***. I have Highschool diploma. Will they also ask for my work recommendations if I have working experiences(they don’t fall under the required DV work qualifications tho) on DS 260 ? Do they call my employers to check if I actually worked there or not?
You just need your high school diploma, if that qualifies you.

Hello dear brothers and sisters,
Sorry if this question is not relevant to this group.

I have a quick question with regards to DV sponsorship.
My brother in law and sister in law got selected from Asia for DV 2025. Their case # 24…
They need a sponsor from here because they are unable to show any assets or money in bank.
As a sponsor here, how much should my income be if I there are 4 people (including me) living here and I need to sponsor these two people?
Pls let me know.
Thank you

Hello dear brothers and sisters,
Sorry if this question is not relevant to this group.

I have a quick question with regards to DV sponsorship.
My brother in law and sister in law got selected from Asia for DV 2025. Their case # 24…
They need a sponsor from here because they are unable to show any assets or money in bank.
As a sponsor here, how much should my income be if I there are 4 people (including me) living here and I need to sponsor these two people?
Pls let me know.
Thank you
I would recommend you plan on demonstrating an income of 125% above the poverty guideline level for a family of six in this case. Take a look at the below link for the recommended amount

I have E2 Visa now, if consular reject me , is E2 visa still work for me to return back to US? Or , I will lose my E2 visa while green card apply fail. Thank you.

I have not submitted my DS-260 yet. But, I want to change my interview location to my county.
I cannot change the interview location by myself, I mailed to KCC 5 times and they said I can update when I fill out the form. BUT, I readlly cannot do this.
Please help me , I'm really have no idea what should I do.

In the DS-260 form the "Getting Started" portion and interview location portion shows the selected icon is gray color and cannot be selected at the bottom of this page.
1717281664213.png1717281677182.png

I have E2 Visa now, if consular reject me , is E2 visa still work for me to return back to US? Or , I will lose my E2 visa while green card apply fail. Thank you.
Losing the E2 visa following a GC denial will depend on why the GC application was denied in the first place. Also, when returning to the US on your existing E2 NIV, you may be required to proof your demonstrated immigrant intent is no longer a thing of concern.

I have not submitted my DS-260 yet. But, I want to change my interview location to my county.
I cannot change the interview location by myself, I mailed to KCC 5 times and they said I can update when I fill out the form. BUT, I readlly cannot do this.
Please help me , I'm really have no idea what should I do.

In the DS-260 form the "Getting Started" portion and interview location portion shows the selected icon is gray color and cannot be selected at the bottom of this page.

You may be able to change the interview location after you’ve finished completing the form and before submitting it. At the point when you get to the stage where it asks you to review the form, you’ll should see a button that allows you to edit the form, at that point you should be able to change the interview location. Try this and let us know how it goes for you.