• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

This is going to very much depend on your case number and when it gets current. There is a provision in US immigration law called the child status protection act, which helps prevent children aging out (being ineligible for a visa because they have turned 21] due to delays in visa processing, called the time a petition is pending (ignore that DV is not technically a petition). The effect of this is to remove the processing time from your child’s age to get to a “CSPA age”, and if this is under 21 in the month your case number becomes current, then your child will still be eligible. For DV, this processing time is calculated as :

For DV derivative applicants, the number of days the petition was pending is the period of time between the start of the DV Program registration period and the date of the DV selection letter.

Example:

The DV Program registration period began on Oct. 1, 2012, and the DV selection Letter is dated May 1, 2013.

May 1, 2013 - Oct. 1, 2012 = 7 months

so, I’m not sure exactly what the equivalent for DV2025 is but it’s probably also around 7 months. The effect of this is that your child has 7 months after his birthday - so to March 2025 if my math is correct - which means you need your priority date to be current by March for your child to qualify. (Note it is current date and not interview date that matters here - he is protected even if your interview is later.)

if your priority date is current later than that, once you are lawful permanent residents you can file an immigrant petition for him as an adult son of a LPR. That currently has a wait time of around 8 years before a visa is available, as the number of these visas that can be issued per year is limited in law.
thank you susieQQQ for this information which is very well explained.

My DV number is 2025EU3xx7
I read the visa bulletin of October 23 to look and in October 2023, for the EU zone, the cut-off number was less than 4500, am I reading it wrong? If it follows the same logic, my son would have a chance of having the DV with us then.

thank you susieQQQ for this information which is very well explained.

My DV number is 2025EU3xx7
I read the visa bulletin of October 23 to look and in October 2023, for the EU zone, the cut-off number was less than 4500, am I reading it wrong? If it follows the same logic, my son would have a chance of having the DV with us then.
that does sound like a pretty low case number and certainly, for the past 5 years would have been current in either October or November of the applicable fiscal year, so it looks like you should be fine.

Hello,

While filling my spouses application, I am not be able to type his SSN number correctly. His SSN number starting with 0 but on the review of DS-260 form, SSN is printed with a missing '0' (8 characters). How can I type his SSN number correctly?

Hi,
I have mistakenly selected high school no degree instead of high school diploma. I have also submitted the DS260. I dont have any work experience also.How can I correct this?

Hi,
I have mistakenly selected high school no degree instead of high school diploma. I have also submitted the DS260. I dont have any work experience also.How can I correct this?
You can email the KCC to request for your DS260 to be unlocked to enable you make the correction.

Hi,
I have 2HRR because of an exchange program (J-1) I attended in Summer 2022. However, I applied to waive it based on No Objection after checking my lottery result. For some of my friends who were in the same situation as me (same exchange program), it took around six months to receive the waiver result.

My case number is EU8k, and I reside in South Korea. Given that the embassy in South Korea is not too busy and my case number is relatively low, should I wait for my waiver to be approved before I fill up the DS-260? Thank you!

Hi!

My wife won the DV lottery in 2022 and she got the visa, however I wasn't able to attend the interview.

Because of that, we applied for my F2A visa in June 2023 and still waiting for approval from USCIS.

Meantime, I also won the DV-2025.

My question is, should the DV-2025 interview come first and I get the visa, is there anything I should do for the I-130 application? Like cancelling it or informing USCIS anything?

Thank you!

Quick question
Do you need a notification form KCC to start filling the DS 260 from ?
if not how fast do we need to fill and submit it ?

Quick question
Do you need a notification form KCC to start filling the DS 260 from ?
if not how fast do we need to fill and submit it ?
1. No
2. While this is a personal call, I would like to say it depends on how high or low your CN is. If the CN is high and may not become current, you may want to monitor the VB for progression before deciding if submitting the DS260 is worth it or not.

1. No
2. While this is a personal call, I would like to say it depends on how high or low your CN is. If the CN is high and may not become current, you may want to monitor the VB for progression before deciding if submitting the DS260 is worth it or not.
Hw about 2025AF26xxxx?

Hello, I won DV 2025 and my case number is EU. I mistakenly made a mistake of selecting Greenland as the state of chargeability instead of Kenya. Can this affect my application?, and what should I do?

Hello, I won DV 2025 and my case number is EU. I mistakenly made a mistake of selecting Greenland as the state of chargeability instead of Kenya. Can this affect my application?, and what should I do?
Selecting the wrong chargeability country will lead to a case denial, unless you can demonstrate you were married to someone from Greenland as at the time of your entry, or your parents were temporarily based in Greenland as at the time of your birth.

Selecting the wrong chargeability country will lead to a case denial, unless you can demonstrate you were married to someone from Greenland as at the time of your entry, or your parents were temporarily based in Greenland as at the time of your birth.
So should I email the consular and tell them that I made a mistake for correction?

Hi all!

I am sure this question was asked multiple times before but I couldn't find, so here it goes again:

What shall I answer to the Permanent Address question in case I do not have one/relatives to whom I can ask this?

Regarding the green card address I have that covered as I have the service of this immigration company that will receive it shall I be called to an interview. They told me I could easily just write "Not Yet Know" to the permanent address question and only indicate the state on which I intend to live.

Do you think this might generate some problems?

Best,

Hi everyone, I would appreciate some help on this matter.

If I manage to land as an LPR in the US, I may need some time after that to tie up some loose ends. What do you know about obtaining a re-entry permit (I-131) as a US LPR? From the brief reading I did, It seems like I have to apply for it as an LPR in the US and I cannot leave until I do the biometrics which can take a couple of months to get scheduled for. It also seems that it is possible to have it delivered outside the US to a US consulate/embassy once I do the biometrics and leave. Can I leave after applying immediately and come back to the US to do biometrics when scheduled? Somebody said that online, or do I need to strictly wait in the US until the biometrics come in?

As to maintaining LPR status without the I-131, I live an hour away from the border by car and I can pop in once or twice a month if need be but I doubt staying for a day or two monthly will suffice Customs and Border Patrol and I don’t want to risk it. People say as long as I come before 6 months I’m okay but I obviously won’t be able to stay for longer than a day or two in the US in the short term.

If I manage to land as an LPR in the US, I may need some time after that to tie up some loose ends. What do you know about obtaining a re-entry permit (I-131) as a US LPR? From the brief reading I did, It seems like I have to apply for it as an LPR in the US and I cannot leave until I do the biometrics which can take a couple of months to get scheduled for. It also seems that it is possible to have it delivered outside the US to a US consulate/embassy once I do the biometrics and leave. Can I leave after applying immediately and come back to the US to do biometrics when scheduled? Somebody said that online, or do I need to strictly wait in the US until the biometrics come in?

As to maintaining LPR status without the I-131, I live an hour away from the border by car and I can pop in once or twice a month if need be but I doubt staying for a day or two monthly will suffice Customs and Border Patrol and I don’t want to risk it. People say as long as I come before 6 months I’m okay but I obviously won’t be able to stay for longer than a day or two in the US in the short term.
You can depart from the US after the re-entry form has been filed and accepted by USCIS while planning on returning for the biometrics when scheduled. Yes, the approved re-entry permit can be picked up from your US embassy/consulate if that pickup option is indicated on the application form.

how much time is “some time”? If it’s less than a year, you don’t need a re-entry permit.