• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
DV-2025 Entrants may enter their confirmation information through this official link starting at noon (EDT) on May 4, 2024. The DV-2025 registration period opened on October 4, 2023, and closed on November 7, 2023 12:00 PM EST.

Congratulations DV 2025 Selectees! This Thread has been created specifically for you all to use in sharing the good news about your selection and to ask questions about what your selection means, next steps, processing, etc.

Hi! I have been selected for the 2025 DV lottery, yay! I have filled out and submitted my DS 260 form. My question is, I am getting married in a months time, I entered single on the DS form. Am I able to add my partner to my application once we are officially married? I have read you can email the KCC with additional information and documents. I would love some advice on this situation- we are considering moving our date forward to add it sooner if that will be better for the processing of the form.
Thank you, Merc.

Hi! I have been selected for the 2025 DV lottery, yay! I have filled out and submitted my DS 260 form. My question is, I am getting married in a months time, I entered single on the DS form. Am I able to add my partner to my application once we are officially married? I have read you can email the KCC with additional information and documents. I would love some advice on this situation- we are considering moving our date forward to add it sooner if that will be better for the processing of the form.
Thank you, Merc.
Get married as soon as possible. After that, email KCC to request they unlock your DS260 form, once the form is unlocked you update your marital status and add your spouse to your case by filling and submitting an additional DS260 form for them also.

Hi! I have been selected by the lottery. Q: I am getting married in around one month, I believe I should put still single in Marital Status, but I also added my future Spouse in DS 260 form, what should I do? should I ask to remove person until we are legally married and submit form as single?

Hi! I have been selected by the lottery. Q: I am getting married in around one month, I believe I should put still single in Marital Status, but I also added my future Spouse in DS 260 form, what should I do? should I ask to remove person until we are legally married and submit form as single?
Have you already submitted your DS260 form?

Have you already submitted your DS260 form?
No, I have not submitted it. There was an option to add aplicant so I added my future spouse as spouse and then got confused if what I did is inaccurate information. My form is not submitted yet

No, I have not submitted it. There was an option to add aplicant so I added my future spouse as spouse and then got confused if what I did is inaccurate information. My form is not submitted yet
Yes what you did is inaccurate, considering the form requires marriage date (which has to be in the past) if you’re selecting married as your marital status. Fortunately for you you’ve not submitted the form yet, so you’re still ok.

The applicant you’ve already added cannot be removed. So you basically need to wait until after you get married, then accurately fill out the forms and submit them both at that point.

I was so excited to learn I was successful in the lottery (4th attempt), but educating myself on CN has put a bit of a dampener on things. It's in the 2.5k range, which seems to be a higher CN for Australians/Oceania traditionally, but I guess I won't get a clearer picture until October.

I was so excited to learn I was successful in the lottery (4th attempt), but educating myself on CN has put a bit of a dampener on things. It's in the 2.5k range, which seems to be a higher CN for Australians/Oceania traditionally, but I guess I won't get a clearer picture until October.
I am 26**. Fingers crossed for us!

Yes what you did is inaccurate, considering the form requires marriage date (which has to be in the past) if you’re selecting married as your marital status. Fortunately for you you’ve not submitted the form yet, so you’re still ok.

The applicant you’ve already added cannot be removed. So you basically need to wait until after you get married, then accurately fill out the forms and submit them both at that point.
Thank you! I am in 21** which as I understood gives high chances. How important is it to fill this form fast? In my country of residence the process of registering marriage may take month at least. Should we consider registering marriage for example in Georgia where we will have official document in a week? While submitting documents for visa in Warsaw, Poland (We hold citizenship of Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan). I am afraid if that may seem strange.

Really appreciate your help

HI! I was selected, I am 7***. In DS-260 I need to provide an address where I expect to stay in the USA or the address of someone I can trust, but I don't know someone in USA and I don't have a adress to stay yet. What should I do?

Thank you! I am in 21** which as I understood gives high chances. How important is it to fill this form fast? In my country of residence the process of registering marriage may take month at least. Should we consider registering marriage for example in Georgia where we will have official document in a week? While submitting documents for visa in Warsaw, Poland (We hold citizenship of Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan). I am afraid if that may seem strange.

Really appreciate your help
Submitting a correct and accurately filled form is more important than simply submitting the form fast. The US immigration process doesn’t care where the marriage takes place as long as it is a legal marriage with legitimate documents to back it. If you’re able to get married anywhere earlier than originally planned, go ahead and do so, it has no bearing on where the DV interview will take place.

HI! I was selected, I am 7***. In DS-260 I need to provide an address where I expect to stay in the USA or the address of someone I can trust, but I don't know someone in USA and I don't have a adress to stay yet. What should I do?
You can put any valid US address for now, it can be the address of a friend of a friend of a friend. This is to enable you submit the form for now. The address can be changed/updated later on when you figure things out.

You can put any valid US address for now, it can be the address of a friend of a friend of a friend. This is to enable you submit the form for now. The address can be changed/updated later on when you figure things out.
No one of my friends don't have friends in USA, their friends don't have too, and their friends don't have too... In my country almost no one has friends in USA, and I do not know what to do.

No one of my friends don't have friends in USA, their friends don't have too, and their friends don't have too... In my country almost no one has friends in USA, and I do not know what to do.
You mean almost no one in your country knows anyone in the US? And your country has been eligible for visa lottery all these years? That’s kind of hard to believe, but then I don’t know your country since you’ve not provided the information. Anyways as you already know, you need an address in the US. So you need to figure that out.

You mean almost no one in your country knows anyone in the US? And your country has been eligible for visa lottery all these years? That’s kind of hard to believe, but then I don’t know your country since you’ve not provided the information. Anyways as you already know, you need an address in the US. So you need to figure that out.
Maybe I expressed myself incorrectly, because I know English and use a translator. I live in Russia and many people here have a bad attitude towards the USA because of propaganda. Only some people think differently, but even they have no friends in the USA. Of course, I am based only on my personal opinion, and maybe many people have friends from the states, but I have not met such people. So I don't know what to do.

Maybe I expressed myself incorrectly, because I know English and use a translator. I live in Russia and many people here have a bad attitude towards the USA because of propaganda. Only some people think differently, but even they have no friends in the USA. Of course, I am based only on my personal opinion, and maybe many people have friends from the states, but I have not met such people. So I don't know what to do.
Some people in your situation just use a hotel address in the meantime, some people use something like a church organization of their church in the town they want to settle. By the time you go for your interview you will need a “real” address s that is where your green card will be sent, but hopefully you will have time to sort that out in the months until that happens.