• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Some people in your situation just use a hotel address in the meantime, some people use something like a church organization of their church in the town they want to settle. By the time you go for your interview you will need a “real” address s that is where your green card will be sent, but hopefully you will have time to sort that out in the months until that ha
Thank you, I'll try to do it like this.

Maybe I expressed myself incorrectly, because I know English and use a translator. I live in Russia and many people here have a bad attitude towards the USA because of propaganda. Only some people think differently, but even they have no friends in the USA. Of course, I am based only on my personal opinion, and maybe many people have friends from the states, but I have not met such people. So I don't know what to do.
Well now that you’ve disclosed your country, I can try provide further guidance. Search for forums with Russian selectees, there tends to be quite a handful of those every year, and find out how they’ve been addressing the issue of the US address.

Well now that you’ve disclosed your country, I can try provide further guidance. Search for forums with Russian selectees, there tends to be quite a handful of those every year, and find out how they’ve been addressing the issue of the US address.
OK, I'll do that, thank you<3

Hi! I have been selected for the 2025 DV lottery, yay! I have filled out and submitted my DS 260 form. My question is, I am getting married in a months time, I entered single on the DS form. Am I able to add my partner to my application once we are officially married? I have read you can email the KCC with additional information and documents. I would love some advice on this situation- we are considering moving our date forward to add it sooner if that will be better for the processing of the form.
Thank you, Merc.
Hi! I have a related question. I am about to submit my DS260, but by passport is about to expire, and will use my new one for the rest of the process. Should I just submit the form with my old passport? And how can I change that information when I get my new passport?

Another question, at the start of the DS260 form, they ask if you want to schedule your interview at the country where you applied from or from another US embassy/consulate. I applied from an EU country, but moved to a Latin American country and live there now. If I choose to be interviewed in my new country, will there be any implications in my process? Or is it better to just return to my home EU country to be interviewed?

Hi! I have a related question. I am about to submit my DS260, but by passport is about to expire, and will use my new one for the rest of the process. Should I just submit the form with my old passport? And how can I change that information when I get my new passport?

Another question, at the start of the DS260 form, they ask if you want to schedule your interview at the country where you applied from or from another US embassy/consulate. I applied from an EU country, but moved to a Latin American country and live there now. If I choose to be interviewed in my new country, will there be any implications in my process? Or is it better to just return to my home EU country to be interviewed?
1. You can submit the DS260 with the current passport number. when you obtain your new passport, and depending on your CN (and when it becomes current), you can always email KCC to request they unlock your form to enable you update the passport information, or you can do so at the embassy at the time of your interview.
2. Your interview will be scheduled at the embassy with jurisdiction over your home address. So regardless of where you applied from, you can select the embassy in your current country of residence as your interview location.

1. You can submit the DS260 with the current passport number. when you obtain your new passport, and depending on your CN (and when it becomes current), you can always email KCC to request they unlock your form to enable you update the passport information, or you can do so at the embassy at the time of your interview.
2. Your interview will be scheduled at the embassy with jurisdiction over your home address. So regardless of where you applied from, you can select the embassy in your current country of residence as your interview location.
Thank you for your answer. I have a follow-up question on the interview location. I applied with my nationality (and from) a EU country eligible for the Diversity Visa Program. Now I reside in a country that is NOT in the list of eligible countries for the Diversity Visa Program. Does that make a difference? Can I still schedule the interview in this non-eligible country with an eligible nationality? I just want to make sure. Thank you.

Thank you for your answer. I have a follow-up question on the interview location. I applied with my nationality (and from) a EU country eligible for the Diversity Visa Program. Now I reside in a country that is NOT in the list of eligible countries for the Diversity Visa Program. Does that make a difference? Can I still schedule the interview in this non-eligible country with an eligible nationality? I just want to make sure. Thank you.
Makes no difference.

Thank you. Another question: Are there verified medical centers where to get the medical tests all around the globe? Is there a website where we can see the locations? Thank you.
Check your applicable embassy. List of approved the Panel Physicians for the medical exam are usually listed there.

Thank you. One more question. How long in advance before the interview does the KCC usually contact you with your date of interview?

I am asking about: the CP process spreadsheet, and the Dv2024 CP Timeline.
There's no such thing available in this forum. The required information for processing CP are already well laid out in the links provided on the selectee notification letter.

My husband has submitted his DS260 but has forgotten to put high school information! He has provided complete university information and details about his bachelors and honours degree though. Is this worth unlocking the form? Or can we update it at the interview?

My husband has submitted his DS260 but has forgotten to put high school information! He has provided complete university information and details about his bachelors and honours degree though. Is this worth unlocking the form? Or can we update it at the interview?
He’s got enough time to unlock and update the form.

Even if we have a low number? OC 5XX. I I’ve heard reopening takes ages so I’m nervous haha!
DV2025 doesn’t even start until October. You have plenty of time.

It seems people rush completing it in the first week and make mistakes. Better to just take the time and get it right.

You have such a low number, you’ll be fine.