• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi! I have a couple of questions trying to figure out if I want to apply this time or not.

About myself: I am an F1 student. Just apply for STEM OPT (c3c), awaiting approve.

1. I got selected DV2025 I'm AS 20xxx. Based on what I see, all the articles look like my number is too big. So I wonder if I should get in this time or not.
2. Relate to the first question if I decide to do it. I really can't remember whether my 2x2 photo was shot within 6 months or not. At that time, I also applied for my I765 (OPT c3b) and took that photo in April. If I used that photo to apply the DV, that's around 6 months, but it might have passed a couple of days. Do you think that's okay? I am worried that when I have an interview, this will be the reason I get rejected.
3. When I applied for the DV 2025, my status was married. But I am not living with my spouse for almost 2 years I haven't work on the divorce. So, the time I submitted the photo of my spouse isn't within 6 months (and that photo has been submitted almost 3 times; I know that's not correct). Because I haven't started my divorce case, I still need to put my spouse in my DV application. And now, I will work on the divorce case this month or next. So my question is: If I decide to do it (which means submitting the DS260), would these things cause me any problems? Or should I just give up this time and apply for DV2026?

What I am trying to understand here is that I am happy I got selected DV2025, but in my situation (the number is big, and I am not sure my photo is within 6 months and marriage status), I would like to know if I should do it or not.

Thank you for reading these. Hope to hear back some suggestions :)

Hi! I have a couple of questions trying to figure out if I want to apply this time or not.

About myself: I am an F1 student. Just apply for STEM OPT (c3c), awaiting approve.

1. I got selected DV2025 I'm AS 20xxx. Based on what I see, all the articles look like my number is too big. So I wonder if I should get in this time or not.
2. Relate to the first question if I decide to do it. I really can't remember whether my 2x2 photo was shot within 6 months or not. At that time, I also applied for my I765 (OPT c3b) and took that photo in April. If I used that photo to apply the DV, that's around 6 months, but it might have passed a couple of days. Do you think that's okay? I am worried that when I have an interview, this will be the reason I get rejected.
3. When I applied for the DV 2025, my status was married. But I am not living with my spouse for almost 2 years I haven't work on the divorce. So, the time I submitted the photo of my spouse isn't within 6 months (and that photo has been submitted almost 3 times; I know that's not correct). Because I haven't started my divorce case, I still need to put my spouse in my DV application. And now, I will work on the divorce case this month or next. So my question is: If I decide to do it (which means submitting the DS260), would these things cause me any problems? Or should I just give up this time and apply for DV2026?

What I am trying to understand here is that I am happy I got selected DV2025, but in my situation (the number is big, and I am not sure my photo is within 6 months and marriage status), I would like to know if I should do it or not.

Thank you for reading these. Hope to hear back some suggestions :)
2. Very, very rare that the photo has been an issue and a couple of days is not going to be a problem anyway
3. Fill in the form correctly as of the date you submit it. You are not obliged to bring a spouse with you even if you are still legally married. You have to list your spouse on your ds260 if still legally married, but you can just answer “no” to the question of if the person is immigrating with you and won’t need to fill out a ds260 for the spouse or anything else to do with them. If your divorce is finalized before interview then update marital status at interview.

2. Very, very rare that the photo has been an issue and a couple of days is not going to be a problem anyway
3. Fill in the form correctly as of the date you submit it. You are not obliged to bring a spouse with you even if you are still legally married. You have to list your spouse on your ds260 if still legally married, but you can just answer “no” to the question of if the person is immigrating with you and won’t need to fill out a ds260 for the spouse or anything else to do with them. If your divorce is finalized before interview then update marital status at interview.
Thank you, Susie! You answered some of my questions. Now, it's the first question that hasn't been answered. I'm not sure if my number is big or not (but looked back on the 2023 CEAC data, it's around 20000-21000, and DV2024 right now is only 13000 ready). The reason I asked is that I worried once I submit the DS260, that means I try to immigrate. If in the end, the final result is I did not get the DV visa due to visa exhaustion. After that, if I apply for any other non-immigration visa, it can possibly be denied. I possibly will have a high chance to join the next year's h1b, so I am also thinking about this ahead.

Thank you, Susie! You answered some of my questions. Now, it's the first question that hasn't been answered. I'm not sure if my number is big or not (but looked back on the 2023 CEAC data, it's around 20000-21000, and DV2024 right now is only 13000 ready). The reason I asked is that I worried once I submit the DS260, that means I try to immigrate. If in the end, the final result is I did not get the DV visa due to visa exhaustion. After that, if I apply for any other non-immigration visa, it can possibly be denied. I possibly will have a high chance to join the next year's h1b, so I am also thinking about this ahead.
'1. It is too early to know how high (how risky) your number is because we don't know how many people are selected, we will know more after July/August, and then we would know even more after January 1. You could delay your DS260 submission if you want, but again, the risk of that delay is currently unknown because we don't know the number of selectees.
2. Filing a DS260 is a sign of "immigrant intent", but that cannot be used as the sole reason an NIV is denied. It is a factor, but not a knockout.
3. If the H1B is your only NIV, then this is a non issue for you since "immigrant intent" is not a consideration for H1B visas as they are classed as "dual intent" visas.