• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

1. Well, SA is already current to 825 to October. Not sure what your Xs are but you can probably figure it out from a combination of where October 2024 is and what happened the last couple of years for SA.
2. Have you submitted your DS260 yet?
Regardless, honestly, if you get a DV interview no matter what it conflicts with it should take precedence, assuming that you really want a green card.
3. That should be fine imo.

My case number is between 1000 and 1999. And yes, I filed my DS-260 as soon as I knew I had been selected. At the time I filed my form, I did not have a job offer from the US employer nor did I have (still don't have) a J1 interview scheduled.

My case number is between 1000-1999.
Yes, I understand that, but 1001 and 1999 will probably interview with at least a month or two between them, so there is not enough info from what you gave to give you a good answer. Anyway, I told you how to come to your own estimate.

1. Some embassies are not interviewing at capacity and yes people in those have been skipped. That’s why one of the first caveats I said to you in an earlier post was if the embassy is operating normally. Well, you only really find this out near the end of the FY. You will normally be in the next batch of interviews to get scheduled after your ds260 is processed.
3. What was not clear about my answer saying that the derivative gets assigned the same chargeability? Exactly the same process for the family. You interview together with your derivatives.
4. Well, we have also had cases reported here in the past of people being stuck for months on AP, which means you have to wait in the country you interviewed in and can’t return to the US in the meanwhile. There is also no appealing a denial at a consulate.
5. Yes, I believe you have already posted in it. Did you read the spreadsheet? The main reason for doing it is so that you don’t have to interfere with your life in the US. I personally can‘t see any reason in the world not to do AOS especially with such a low case number (unless of course you have violated status which means you are not eligible to adjust). So what if you wait a few months to get your green card? You’re still living your normal life on your F1 visa. But, you have your own set of risk factors and what you find acceptable.
1. Thank you. Is there a way to find out which ones have not been interviewing at capacity in the past?

2. Sorry, my bad - so we are going to the interview in Nepal together.

4. Understood.

5. I only read the AOS spreadsheet, I cant follow to what you mean where I have posted?

We are both in good status, just having second thoughts. This helps to reflect which way to go. Is it likely that a case would follow similar timelines from the same FO, or is it random? I am especially afraid of the "batching up", just saw someone with a CN from October 23 still without approval as of now.

1. Thank you. Is there a way to find out which ones have not been interviewing at capacity in the past?

2. Sorry, my bad - so we are going to the interview in Nepal together.

4. Understood.

5. I only read the AOS spreadsheet, I cant follow to what you mean where I have posted?

We are both in good status, just having second thoughts. This helps to reflect which way to go. Is it likely that a case would follow similar timelines from the same FO, or is it random? I am especially afraid of the "batching up", just saw someone with a CN from October 23 still without approval as of now.
1. CP threads, xarthisius’s vb update posts, maybe BritSimon Website

5. The actual AOS thread. Have you read many of the posts? That’s how you learn about how it’s working for everyone. Some people do come only and post and read answers to themselves only and miss a lot of good information that way.

Very unusual for someone from Oct 23 (assuming they actually submitted then not just had a current CN then) not to have approval yet. Is this confirmed from the posts on the forum or did the poster just not come back and update the sheet? If confirmed there is almost certainly some issue with the background check - which would be exactly the same things that would get you placed on AP during CP.
And yes, cases from the same FO tend to follow the same timeline - that’s the whole reason sm1smom set up the timeline spreadsheet in the first place. (and this has been referred to a number of times in the thread so I’m guessing you haven’t in fact read much of it)

I am especially afraid of the "batching up", just saw someone with a CN from October 23 still without approval as of now.
You’re assuming that particular case is facing a batching issue. Are there other cases from the same FO listed? What’s the status for those? For all you know that case could be undergoing AP due to pending background check clearance. What that means is that person would have been stuck since then in their home country, unable to return to the US if the delay is background check clearance related if they had opted to go the CP route.

Have you taken a look at the pros and cons of both options listed on the AOS process spreadsheet.

1. CP threads, xarthisius’s vb update posts, maybe BritSimon Website

5. The actual AOS thread. Have you read many of the posts? That’s how you learn about how it’s working for everyone. Some people do come only and post and read answers to themselves only and miss a lot of good information that way.

Very unusual for someone from Oct 23 (assuming they actually submitted then not just had a current CN then) not to have approval yet. Is this confirmed from the posts on the forum or did the poster just not come back and update the sheet? If confirmed there is almost certainly some issue with the background check - which would be exactly the same things that would get you placed on AP during CP.
And yes, cases from the same FO tend to follow the same timeline - that’s the whole reason sm1smom set up the timeline spreadsheet in the first place. (and this has been referred to a number of times in the thread so I’m guessing you haven’t in fact read much of it)
The poster confirmed in the 2024 AOS thread. They apparently had some issues with the status and USCIS is just not acting since months (line 4). But I assume a lot of people forget to update especially after approval which makes it appear like people getting stuck unfortunately.
I’ve been reading the forum a lot and studied the sheets, it’s a bunch to catch up especially in the AOS threads.
Our field office has great timelines, 50 to 100 days. Thank you for confirming, so field offices suddenly starting to batch is not really a thing?
You’re assuming that particular case is facing a batching issue. Are there other cases from the same FO listed? What’s the status for those? For all you know that case could be undergoing AP due to pending background check clearance. What that means is that person would have been stuck since then in their home country, unable to return to the US if the delay is background check clearance related if they had opted to go the CP route.

Have you taken a look at the pros and cons of both options listed on the AOS process spreadsheet.
They got stuck for another reason but I’ve seen in the sheets that indeed batching lead to exhaustion in some years so it just became a concern. I am trying to make the best decision and not mess it up which is what lead to the overthinking I’m going through right now and I apologize if it’s an inconvenience.
Yes many times.
So AP is a possibility even if previously admitted to the US under NIV and currently living there?

Hello Everyone.
I have made an honest mistake in my entry form for the lottery and now that I have been selected I have corrected that mistake and given the correct information in it.
My reason for such mistake was genuinely had no ideas as in my country they don’t ask for such thing

So my name is Abrar Ali Mohammed Elmahdi (as in my passport)
In my entry form for the the lottery, Last/Family name: Elmahdi
First Name: Abrar
Middle name: no middle name

As I believe that the middle name is for people who have 2 first name (like Mary Kate or Lea Michelle) and all the forms I filled out in my life, they asked either for first and last name or they ask for name, fathers name, grandfather name, and family name.
When I found out about my mistake it was already too late

However I wrote my name in the ds-260 as written in the passport which is my full legal name.

What can I do rectify such a mistake

Thanks! Just got reply from KCC on the interview date. Btw how much should I have in bank statement to show during the IV for 2 person (me and my wife)?

Currently still looking for job
My case number is AS 27XX. It shows my case number is current in Oct. I submited my DS-260 on Jun.6 , but I still don't receive 2NL from KCC. I emailed to KCC on Aug.29th and KCC said it not scheduled yet. When do you submit your DS-260? and is your case number smaller than mine? I am wondering if my DS-260 is disqulified. Thank you.

My case number is AS 27XX. It shows my case number is current in Oct. I submited my DS-260 on Jun.6 , but I still don't receive 2NL from KCC. I emailed to KCC on Aug.29th and KCC said it not scheduled yet. When do you submit your DS-260? and is your case number smaller than mine? I am wondering if my DS-260 is disqulified. Thank you.
KCC does not disqualify DS260s. There may be a capacity issue at your embassy.
only a consular official is authorized to make decisions about disqualification after selection.

There is a global "glitch" that has stopped 2NLs for being sent for any embassy for DV2025. I wrote about it in the article below, including some advice on contacting KCC.

My Case Number is SA2XX,
I had emailed the KCC and received an email saying my interview was scheduled on Oct 8th, the KCC mentioned I will be getting the 2nl in 7-10 days. But I am concerned if I cant complete my medicals before the 8th.

My Case Number is SA2XX,
I had emailed the KCC and received an email saying my interview was scheduled on Oct 8th, the KCC mentioned I will be getting the 2nl in 7-10 days. But I am concerned if I cant complete my medicals before the 8th.
Do you need the interview letter to schedule the medical?
can you ask the doctor office if they will accept the email from KCC?

Former successful DV selectee now have a family member going through the process for DV2025... they have a CN which is current for October, however they are currently on an F1 visa, with their studies due to be completed in December. They plan to return to their home country after the completion of their studies and then return for their graduation ceremony next year. Based on the fact that their CN is already current, I think it's quite feasible for the process to be completed by the time they return for the graduation ceremony. They cannot afford to stay in the US for an AOS process, though I'm aware that it is not required for one to stay in the country to do so. They were planning on doing OPT once they had finished their studies but now are not sure if they need to apply for OPT at all.
1. Does applying for OPT make any difference to the DV visa process?
2. Does submitting the DS260 make a difference to the OPT process?
3. Any idea how long the current time is between submitting DS260 and receiving 2NL for numbers that are/will be current? They cannot travel to their home country until the end of the year, and don't want to jeopardize their status for the last three months of their study.

Former successful DV selectee now have a family member going through the process for DV2025... they have a CN which is current for October, however they are currently on an F1 visa, with their studies due to be completed in December. They plan to return to their home country after the completion of their studies and then return for their graduation ceremony next year. Based on the fact that their CN is already current, I think it's quite feasible for the process to be completed by the time they return for the graduation ceremony. They cannot afford to stay in the US for an AOS process, though I'm aware that it is not required for one to stay in the country to do so. They were planning on doing OPT once they had finished their studies but now are not sure if they need to apply for OPT at all.
1. Does applying for OPT make any difference to the DV visa process?
2. Does submitting the DS260 make a difference to the OPT process?
3. Any idea how long the current time is between submitting DS260 and receiving 2NL for numbers that are/will be current? They cannot travel to their home country until the end of the year, and don't want to jeopardize their status for the last three months of their study.
i have a reverse question: why wouldn’t they apply for OPT so that they can stay and work while the AOS process goes through?

just on this:
”They cannot afford to stay in the US for an AOS process, though I'm aware that it is not required for one to stay in the country to do so.” - well, generally yes it is. You can leave for short trips abroad IF you have advance parole before you do so (otherwise the aos application is abandoned). (And one assumes they can afford to stay if they get a job on OPT, no?)

Hello, I would like you to confirm my understanding of your post on your blog "britsimonsays dot com/child-turn-21-can-heshe-get-visa/" for context, my son turned 21 on August 16, 2024. Our CN is 2025EU3k and is current for October. So my question is, is his age frozen or do we still have to apply the calculation of days as in the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA). I ask myself this question because like many, we are waiting for the 2NL thank you!!!

Hello, I would like you to confirm my understanding of your post on your blog "britsimonsays dot com/child-turn-21-can-heshe-get-visa/" for context, my son turned 21 on August 16, 2024. Our CN is 2025EU3k and is current for October. So my question is, is his age frozen or do we still have to apply the calculation of days as in the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA). I ask myself this question because like many, we are waiting for the 2NL thank you!!!
First to clear up a possible slight misunderstanding - the age only gets frozen for immediate relatives (in immigration parlance, children of US citizens) and the rules of CSPA apply to all other cases.

You’re very lucky getting a low case number with a potential age-out! I haven’t calculated the exact days because it’s not close here - you get around 7 months protection of CSPA in DV, and the difference between when your son turned 21 on August 16 and when you get current (which will be calculated as 1 October if you’re current in October) is way shorter than that, so he is protected under CSPA and will be eligible for a visa. It doesn’t matter when you get the 2NL or when the actual interview is, what matters is the date you become current.

First to clear up a possible slight misunderstanding - the age only gets frozen for immediate relatives (in immigration parlance, children of US citizens) and the rules of CSPA apply to all other cases.

You’re very lucky getting a low case number with a potential age-out! I haven’t calculated the exact days because it’s not close here - you get around 7 months protection of CSPA in DV, and the difference between when your son turned 21 on August 16 and when you get current (which will be calculated as 1 October if you’re current in October) is way shorter than that, so he is protected under CSPA and will be eligible for a visa. It doesn’t matter when you get the 2NL or when the actual interview is, what matters is the date you become current.
Thank you Susie ! It’s now clear for me !