• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi, I got selected. I don't have any address in the US. but I need to have mailing address for receiving GC and SSN. and it's needed when DS260 application. I want use package transfer service(that is used for receiving package from like e-commerce by no US resident) but my immigrant consult(not lawyer) says the address need to be where person(like family, friends) lives in. and not to be organization like company. it's package transfer service has physical address and the address name is only included my name and its address.(not included, company name). I don't really know about mailing system in the US and can i receive with it?
Your immigrant consultant is correct.

Further to my concern above, could you please let me know if the J1 J2 waiver is required for the DS260 form submission step or for the visa interview stage? At which stage is it necessary?

If in previous years EU cases were at 30K+ highest and it is at around 60K+ in 2024. Can we assume that those who got case numbers around 2024EU29000, will be equivalent to 15K of previous years? That would mean that they will be current around in Jan-Feb 2024? How likely would it be?

If in previous years EU cases were at 30K+ highest and it is at around 60K+ in 2024. Can we assume that those who got case numbers around 2024EU29000, will be equivalent to 15K of previous years? That would mean that they will be current around in Jan-Feb 2024? How likely would it be?
That would be a wrong assumption to make at this point considering the total number of selectees for 2024 is unknown at this point.

1. November is the second month of the FY, I don’t see the possibility of an AF42xxx being current at that point, talk less of getting an interview then.
2. Regardless of if you currently have your HS diploma or not, you’re still expected to list your HS information on the DS260 form.
3. There’s an expectation for all selectees to be able to overcome being perceived as a public charge when they arrive in the US regardless of if retired or currently employed. Look into getting a sponsor to provide you with an I-134 if you’ll not be able to demonstrate self sufficiency on your own. I don’t know what you mean by “is farming considered as a current profession as SELF-EMPLOYED” - if that’s what you’re currently into, go ahead and list it.

p.s. there’s no need tagging me in your post. I respond to questions I’m able to regardless of if I’m tagged or not.
Thank you very much for your response

My military registration ticket is currently at the military station (Kazakhstan) because I was exempted while I was at college. They gave me a receipt/acknowledgment letter that they will have it until I graduate and I am temporarily excused. I graduated 4 years ago from US and stayed here on h1b visa. I want to do consular processing to visit family and other reasons. I feel like it will be risky for me to go to military station to get the ticket because they might take me to army for a year. Do you know how important is the military registration ticket is when 1) sending to KCC and 2) bringing to the interview? Is outdated receipt is fine?

Hi
I am having an issue on my DS-260 Form - I previously had selected on my Getting Started Page that I want to "Yes, send my case to USCIS". However, now I do not want to go the AOS route, rather select "No" and choose an interview location but it is all greyed out and I can't change it. Can someone please help - I haven't submitted the form or filled much of it out yet becuase I want this fixed before submitting it! And KCC aren't responding to my email!

Hi,
After submitting my DS260, I found that 4 questions were missing ( question about languages, and the 3 questions before this one), and this by compaging the questions with another lottery winner. The KCC has unlocked my DS260, But the questions did not appear. So I submitted again the form without the missing questions.
I just want to make sure that this will not impact the eligibility of my DS 260 Form. And would ask you which date of submission will be taken in consideration, the first one or the second?
Thank you

Hi
I am having an issue on my DS-260 Form - I previously had selected on my Getting Started Page that I want to "Yes, send my case to USCIS". However, now I do not want to go the AOS route, rather select "No" and choose an interview location but it is all greyed out and I can't change it. Can someone please help - I haven't submitted the form or filled much of it out yet becuase I want this fixed before submitting it! And KCC aren't responding to my email!
Yes this is quite normal. I think you may be able to make that change since you’re yet to submit the DS260 in the first place. After completing the form, you should get to the stage where it asks you to review your answers and at that point, I believe you should be able to see an edit/update button if I remember correctly, when you click on it, then you should be able to change the interview location at that stage.

Hi,
After submitting my DS260, I found that 4 questions were missing ( question about languages, and the 3 questions before this one), and this by compaging the questions with another lottery winner. The KCC has unlocked my DS260, But the questions did not appear. So I submitted again the form without the missing questions.
I just want to make sure that this will not impact the eligibility of my DS 260 Form. And would ask you which date of submission will be taken in consideration, the first one or the second?
Thank you
Certain questions appear on the form based on previous responses to some of the preceding questions.

Thank you :) . I would like to know if unlocking my DS 260 could cause a delay in the processing of my file, knowing that my case number is 47000 and I have resubmitted the form on May 19.
thank you very much for your time.

Last edited:
Thank you :) . I would like to know if unlocking my DS 260 could cause a delay in the processing of my file, knowing that my case number is 47000 and I have resubmitted the form on May 19.
thank you very much for your time.
I saw the question in your previous post and I purposely did not respond to it because I do not see the relevance of the question. If I respond by saying ‘yes your case will be delayed because of xyz’ - there’s basically nothing you can do about it at this point anyways. So why the stress over wether the fact that you’ve unlocked and resubmitted the form will delay your case or not

Hello
I have filled my DS-260 form from an agent institution and they possess all our information excluding our mail id and password. There has been a rumor going on that they are misusing our data to unlock DS- 260 form with wrong intentions.
Does KCC accepts the request to unlock DS- 260 from any mail id other than the one listed in DS-260 form if provided with correct Name, Case No and Date of Birth?

Hello
I have filled my DS-260 form from an agent institution and they possess all our information excluding our mail id and password. There has been a rumor going on that they are misusing our data to unlock DS- 260 form with wrong intentions.
Does KCC accepts the request to unlock DS- 260 from any mail id other than the one listed in DS-260 form if provided with correct Name, Case No and Date of Birth?
Yes.

Could you be more specific if possible?
Thank you
How much more specific do I need to be?

Your question: “Does KCC accepts the request to unlock DS- 260 from any mail id other than the one listed in DS-260 form if provided with correct Name, Case No and Date of Birth?”

My answer: “Yes” they do.

Hello,

I have case number 2024AS000005XX and completed DS260 2 weeks ago. When will I expect an email from KCC regarding the supplemental documents? Is there a way to track my case?

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I have case number 2024AS000005XX and completed DS260 2 weeks ago. When will I expect an email from KCC regarding the supplemental documents? Is there a way to track my case?

Thank you in advance.
Probably September. Just sit back and relax and get all documents in order. You can "track" your case via the visa bulletin.