• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi, I got selected and just submitted my DS-260 form. I want to petition my daughter who is 21+ and unmarried. Do I have to wait until I get interviewed and approved to petition her I-130 or can I do it now to save some time for her processing?

Hi, I got selected and just submitted my DS-260 form. I want to petition my daughter who is 21+ and unmarried. Do I have to wait until I get interviewed and approved to petition her I-130 or can I do it now to save some time for her processing?
You have to be a LPR first yourself before you can petition anyone, you’re very far from that stage at this point. So for now, focus on your CN becoming current, being issued with an IV and getting the GC for yourself first.

hello everyone I have a partner with whom I have been in a relationship for 7 years (we have proof, photos, videos, etc.). We entered the visa lottery as single individuals, but we have a wedding planned for next week. Now, when we check our status, we see that we have been selected. My question is: If we fill out the Form DS-260 now, indicating that we are married with a date of May 16, when the lottery results were announced on May 6, if I remember correctly, will this affect our application process? And if it does, what advice would you give me?

hello everyone I have a partner with whom I have been in a relationship for 7 years (we have proof, photos, videos, etc.). We entered the visa lottery as single individuals, but we have a wedding planned for next week. Now, when we check our status, we see that we have been selected. My question is: If we fill out the Form DS-260 now, indicating that we are married with a date of May 16, when the lottery results were announced on May 6, if I remember correctly, will this affect our application process? And if it does, what advice would you give me?
Get married, complete and submit the DS260 forms as a married couple after the marriage. When scheduled for your interview, attend it with as much evidence as you possibly can demonstrating a pre-existing relationship and that the marriage was not entered into for the sole purpose of getting a GC.

Get married, complete and submit the DS260 forms as a married couple after the marriage. When scheduled for your interview, attend it with as much evidence as you possibly can demonstrating a pre-existing relationship and that the marriage was not entered into for the sole purpose of getting a GC.
Do you please have any idea of the questions that will submit to us during the consulate meeting? my partner is a little shy I'm afraid she will stress

Do you please have any idea of the questions that will submit to us during the consulate meeting? my partner is a little shy I'm afraid she will stress
The questions could be about anything deemed necessary by the CO. Shy or not, you just need to be truthful with your answers to whatever questions gets asked.

@Sm1smom I got selected for the 2024 DV, and my case is 2024AF42XXX,​

1- Based on your knowledge if I submit my DS-260 this month, what are the chances I might get an interview around November?
2- What should I input in my DS-260 if I am not able to provide my Highschool diploma/ transcript? it was dated in 1974. but I am able to provide my Bachelor's degree instead
3- What are the chances for a retired person to get a visa? is farming considered as a current profession as SELF-EMPLOYED?

Thank you very much in advance

@Sm1smom I got selected for the 2024 DV, and my case is 2024AF42XXX,​

1- Based on your knowledge if I submit my DS-260 this month, what are the chances I might get an interview around November?
2- What should I input in my DS-260 if I am not able to provide my Highschool diploma/ transcript? it was dated in 1974. but I am able to provide my Bachelor's degree instead
3- What are the chances for a retired person to get a visa? is farming considered as a current profession as SELF-EMPLOYED?

Thank you very much in advance
1. November is the second month of the FY, I don’t see the possibility of an AF42xxx being current at that point, talk less of getting an interview then.
2. Regardless of if you currently have your HS diploma or not, you’re still expected to list your HS information on the DS260 form.
3. There’s an expectation for all selectees to be able to overcome being perceived as a public charge when they arrive in the US regardless of if retired or currently employed. Look into getting a sponsor to provide you with an I-134 if you’ll not be able to demonstrate self sufficiency on your own. I don’t know what you mean by “is farming considered as a current profession as SELF-EMPLOYED” - if that’s what you’re currently into, go ahead and list it.

p.s. there’s no need tagging me in your post. I respond to questions I’m able to regardless of if I’m tagged or not.

hi, in the selection letter, my wife's name is missing.. I remember filling out her information and indicating that I am married but now I start doubting myself... do you know if it is normal that a spouse's name is not in the selection letter?

hi, in the selection letter, my wife's name is missing.. I remember filling out her information and indicating that I am married but now I start doubting myself... do you know if it is normal that a spouse's name is not in the selection letter?
Derivatives are not listed on the selection notification letters.

Thank you for your previous reply!

I am currently on an H1b visa and living in Houston, TX with case number dv2024EU29XXX. My home country is Kazakhstan. I have 1 derivative - spouse. Would you recommend doing consular processing or AOS? Which one will be faster and do you know how much faster are we talking about (eg 1 month, 2, 3, 4+ months..?

Thank you for your previous reply!

I am currently on an H1b visa and living in Houston, TX with case number dv2024EU29XXX. My home country is Kazakhstan. I have 1 derivative - spouse. Would you recommend doing consular processing or AOS? Which one will be faster and do you know how much faster are we talking about (eg 1 month, 2, 3, 4+ months..?
Review the pros and cons of both processes which have been listed in the AOS Process Spreadsheet - you can find the link in the signature section of any of my posts or on the first post on page one of the AOS thread.

Hello, my girlfriend and I participated in the dv lottery 2024 and to our surprise she was selected and I was not. We are very happy and really want to seize the opportunity that is offered to us to come and live in the USA.

Its CN is 2024EU00011XXX so it should have its interview. We are getting married on June 22, we will be able to prove our life together for more than 6 years at the American Embassy with multiple common bills.

So we will fill our DS-260 on June 23.

On the other hand, the question I ask myself since she is going to change her name, she is going to redo her passport. Should we ask the KCC for an opening of the DS-260 to modify it or present his new passport at the interview at the American embassy is enough?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Hi, I also got selected. But I have a concern since I was under J2 visa from December 2022 to May 2023 and I was in the US during that time. I currently am back in my home country (Sri Lanka). I am subjected to the two year home residency requirement. Could you please guide me to waive this and successfully receive the green card?
I was under the J2 visa since my wife was a Fulbright scholar. I went to US only for 5 months during the last few months of her program. Is there any way that I can be waived off? Moreover, my wife is planning to go back to the US for her PhD with an F1 visa. I am not sure if I should apply for an F2 visa with her or wait in my home country until the DV lottery comes. Could you please guide me? Thank you very much

Hello, my girlfriend and I participated in the dv lottery 2024 and to our surprise she was selected and I was not. We are very happy and really want to seize the opportunity that is offered to us to come and live in the USA.

Its CN is 2024EU00011XXX so it should have its interview. We are getting married on June 22, we will be able to prove our life together for more than 6 years at the American Embassy with multiple common bills.

So we will fill our DS-260 on June 23.

On the other hand, the question I ask myself since she is going to change her name, she is going to redo her passport. Should we ask the KCC for an opening of the DS-260 to modify it or present his new passport at the interview at the American embassy is enough?

Thank you in advance for your answer
If your girlfriend will be adopting your name, she’ll need to make sure to fill the DS260 with the new name. She does not need to unlock the form after obtaining the new passport. Just attend the interview with both old and new passports (if she still has the old passport at that point).

Hi, I also got selected. But I have a concern since I was under J2 visa from December 2022 to May 2023 and I was in the US during that time. I currently am back in my home country (Sri Lanka). I am subjected to the two year home residency requirement. Could you please guide me to waive this and successfully receive the green card?
I was under the J2 visa since my wife was a Fulbright scholar. I went to US only for 5 months during the last few months of her program. Is there any way that I can be waived off? Moreover, my wife is planning to go back to the US for her PhD with an F1 visa. I am not sure if I should apply for an F2 visa with her or wait in my home country until the DV lottery comes. Could you please guide me? Thank you very much
So you’re both subject to the 2 YHRR. Here’s a starting point on how to go about applying for a waiver (your call on if should apply for a F2 visa or not - you’ll both still need the waiver in order to get the GC):

If your girlfriend will be adopting your name, she’ll need to make sure to fill the DS260 with the new name. She does not need to unlock the form after obtaining the new passport. Just attend the interview with both old and new passports (if she still has the old passport at that point).
Thank you for your reply.
On the other hand it recover the old passports are that a simple photocopy is enough or is it necessary to make certify the photocopy?

Hi, I got selected. I don't have any address in the US. but I need to have mailing address for receiving GC and SSN. and it's needed when DS260 application. I want use package transfer service(that is used for receiving package from like e-commerce by no US resident) but my immigrant consult(not lawyer) says the address need to be where person(like family, friends) lives in. and not to be organization like company. it's package transfer service has physical address and the address name is only included my name and its address.(not included, company name). I don't really know about mailing system in the US and can i receive with it?