• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello,
I won this year, and I am really worried as my CN is really, really high, 2024AF112 xxx, and I am currently in the USA under f1, and I will not able to return to my country, and I may not be able to finish AOS papers as my CN are HIGH.

Hi friends. Hope you are doing well. I have been randomly selected for further processing for DV2024. I was the principal applicant and i had registered my wife and our 3 kids. But on the entry registration form, i entered my sister's given name by mistake as my wife's given name. it might have been an auto-fill issue or i was distracted. Like instead of Anna i entered Valentina. but the surname (Martinez) and date of birth and photo and city of birth and all other info of my wife were entered correctly. So my wife's name was entered Anna Martinez instead of Valentina Martinez. My wife was entered as a derivative/dependent. Spending 1200$ per person at the least and getting rejected in the end won't be good.

Are we disqualified or there might be a chance? The Consular Officer can check her date of birth and her photo which was uploaded to know that this was an honest mistake and no intention of fraud on our part.
Can you please tell us what to do? What's the likelihood of CO disregarding this, know that this was an honest mistake and give us a pass?

Hi friends. Hope you are doing well. I have been randomly selected for further processing for DV2024. I was the principal applicant and i had registered my wife and our 3 kids. But on the entry registration form, i entered my sister's given name by mistake as my wife's given name. it might have been an auto-fill issue or i was distracted. Like instead of Anna i entered Valentina. but the surname (Martinez) and date of birth and photo and city of birth and all other info of my wife were entered correctly. So my wife's name was entered Anna Martinez instead of Valentina Martinez. My wife was entered as a derivative/dependent. Spending 1200$ per person at the least and getting rejected in the end won't be good.

Are we disqualified or there might be a chance? The Consular Officer can check her date of birth and her photo which was uploaded to know that this was an honest mistake and no intention of fraud on our part.
Can you please tell us what to do? What's the likelihood of CO disregarding this, know that this was an honest mistake and give us a pass?
You’re not automatically disqualified because of this. Fortunately for you, the error is for a derivative, so I think you’ll be ok. Be sure to fill out your spouse’s name correctly on the DS260 form (note your IL will still show up with the wrong first name nonetheless). If the issue comes up during your interview, you explain the error to the CO.

Thanks a lot for responding to my earlier question. My date of birth on my old high school diploma is 1983 but the date of birth on my passport and birth certificate is 1984. As i said, i'm the principal applicant. Will this cause disqualification at the time of interview or before that?

Thanks a lot in advance

Thanks a lot for responding to my earlier question. My date of birth on my old high school diploma is 1983 but the date of birth on my passport and birth certificate is 1984. As i said, i'm the principal applicant. Will this cause disqualification at the time of interview or before that?

Thanks a lot in advance
I believe that discrepancy on its own wouldn’t be a problem. Multiple errors/inconsistencies combined together on the other hand could end up being an issue. A lot may depend on the embassy where your interview will take place. For example, with an embassy like Ghana, the COs are super strict - something like this would lead to a super close scrutiny. A disqualification can only happen at the interview, not before.

I believe that discrepancy on its own wouldn’t be a problem. Multiple errors/inconsistencies combined together on the other hand could end up being an issue. A lot may depend on the embassy where your interview will take place. For example, with an embassy like Ghana, the COs are super strict - something like this would lead to a super close scrutiny. A disqualification can only happen at the interview, not before.
O i see. Thank you very much moderator for the answers. Much appreciated.

Hello, my husband was selected 2024OC5XX ... is this number considered good? We have completed out DS-260 form, so what now?

Hello, ive been selected, my CN is 2024OC000015XX.
Questions:
1. Birth certificate only has 1 parent on there. DV 260 website says it requires a birth certificate with both parents on there. Without getting into too much person detail, is this a non negotiable during application?
2. My partner and I are looking to move to the USA. We have been living together for 5 years, and in Australia, we are legally deemed to be in a de facto relationship (ie: if we separate, then we our legal system splits assets 50:50 as if we were a married couple). We planned to get married in the future, but since I have been selected for the lottery, should we get married before completing the DV260 forms? Will my partner be allowed to go with me to the USA as my spouse, or will we need to get married before hand?
3. If I am granted a visa, when does this usually happen? at the date of the interview?
4. If I am granted a visa, how long do i have to enter the USA? I may want to delay entry due to work purposes, and may need to sell property in Australia.

Hello, ive been selected, my CN is 2024OC000015XX.
Questions:
1. Birth certificate only has 1 parent on there. DV 260 website says it requires a birth certificate with both parents on there. Without getting into too much person detail, is this a non negotiable during application?
2. My partner and I are looking to move to the USA. We have been living together for 5 years, and in Australia, we are legally deemed to be in a de facto relationship (ie: if we separate, then we our legal system splits assets 50:50 as if we were a married couple). We planned to get married in the future, but since I have been selected for the lottery, should we get married before completing the DV260 forms? Will my partner be allowed to go with me to the USA as my spouse, or will we need to get married before hand?
3. If I am granted a visa, when does this usually happen? at the date of the interview?
4. If I am granted a visa, how long do i have to enter the USA? I may want to delay entry due to work purposes, and may need to sell property in Australia.
1. I don’t know for certain. I suppose there’s only one way to find out.
2. US immigration does not recognize de facto relationships. You’ll need to get married before your partner can be listed and subsequently benefit as a derivative of your selection.
3. After the interview, which could be a couple of days after; or several days, or weeks, or even months in some cases.
4. The visa is usually valid for 6 months (assuming the medical exam was completed shortly before the interview because the medical exam itself is valid for six months).

Hi, do you have a google doc for those going through CP similar to the one you have for the DV lottery winners going through the AOC route?

Thanks!

Hi!
Has anyone used a lawyer when going the CP route? Is it necessary? If you already residing in the U.S but have to leave due to a visa, is it correct you need to submit a intend to travel document?
Thank you!

Hi!
Has anyone used a lawyer when going the CP route? Is it necessary? If you already residing in the U.S but have to leave due to a visa, is it correct you need to submit a intend to travel document?
Thank you!
1. The CP is simple and straightforward enough - you basically fill out and submit the DS260 form, gather your applicable documents while waiting for your CN to become current, get scheduled for the interview, complete the medical exam prior to going in for the interview, get approved (assuming the applicable requirements have been met). Why would you need a lawyer except you’re planning on suing the DOS? Your lawyer, should you choose to throw your money away by hiring one cannot attend your CP interview with you.
2. There’s no such thing.

Hi everyone, I won this year after participating for the first time (can't believe it). My case number is 2024EU000034XX.
I have filed the DS260 application 1 day after the results became available.

Are my chances any good? When can I expect to hear from KCC?

Hi everyone, I won this year after participating for the first time (can't believe it). My case number is 2024EU000034XX.
I have filed the DS260 application 1 day after the results became available.

Are my chances any good? When can I expect to hear from KCC?
Looks good. Maybe towards August/September/October

1. I don’t know for certain. I suppose there’s only one way to find out.
2. US immigration does not recognize de facto relationships. You’ll need to get married before your partner can be listed and subsequently benefit as a derivative of your selection.
3. After the interview, which could be a couple of days after; or several days, or weeks, or even months in some cases.
4. The visa is usually valid for 6 months (assuming the medical exam was completed shortly before the interview because the medical exam itself is valid for six months).
Thankyou for your response, I have not yet submitted my DV260 application with CN 2024OC000015XX.

If we get married within the next 1-2 months, and submit the application right after getting married, would my chances of getting a visa be impacted due to the delayed DV260 lodgement?

I assume its on a first come first serve basis?

I've seen comments of 'waiting for CN to become current', could you please elaborate on what you mean exactly? Apologies if this sounds like a silly question

Thankyou for your response, I have not yet submitted my DV260 application with CN 2024OC000015XX.

If we get married within the next 1-2 months, and submit the application right after getting married, would my chances of getting a visa be impacted due to the delayed DV260 lodgement?

I assume its on a first come first serve basis?

I've seen comments of 'waiting for CN to become current', could you please elaborate on what you mean exactly? Apologies if this sounds like a silly question
Submitting the DS260 form (not DV260) may slightly push back when your interview gets scheduled based on when your CN (case number) becomes current (eligible).

Talking about CN being current, I think you will benefit from going over the basics which have been extensively covered by Simon on his blog site. See below for the link:

My Sponsor is planning to change his address in next year, how can I change the address to his new address after submitting the DS 260?
After your sponsor moves, you contact KCC and request for your DS260 to be unlocked. You also have the option of leaving the DS260 as is and make the change when you go for your interview.