• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
DV-2024 Entrants may enter their confirmation information through this official link starting at noon (EDT) on May 6, 2023. The DV-2024 registration period opened on Oct 5. 2022, and closed on Nov. 8, 2022.

Congratulations DV 2024 Selectees! This Thread has been created specifically for you all to use in sharing the good news about your selection and to ask questions about what your selection means, next steps, processing, etc.

CAUTION:
Please do not litter this thread with countdown messages, non-selection or other similar matters - feel free to create a new thread (if none currently exists) for those. Non conforming posts will be deleted

Also I have a J2 visa, can I do the consular processing or only adjustment of status ?

Thanks !
If you’re currently based in the US, you’re eligible for either option. You just need to determine which option works best for you b

Hi guys, I also got selected. It also looks like a high Number 2024EU00031xxx.

Could you tell me how I can check how this number has performed in the last few years? Did it reach the interview?

Hi, I got selected 2024SA00004XXX. I saw in the notification letter c/o my dads name under mines, what does this mean? I barely remember filling out the application form but I'm hoping it does not mean I put his name somewhere it shouldn't be.

Hi, I got selected 2024SA00004XXX. I saw in the notification letter c/o my dads name under mines, what does this mean? I barely remember filling out the application form but I'm hoping it does not mean I put his name somewhere it shouldn't be.
It means you must have listed your address c/o of your Dad’s name.

It means you must have listed your address c/o of your Dad’s name.
Is this a bad thing? I was living in the US under opt at the time so I must have put that as I was expecting to return home, but was not absolutely sure, which I ended up doing. I hope this does not become an issue.

Hi,

Our family was selected also - exciting news and then I started reading about case numbers and worried ours might be high (2024OC000016).

Does anyone know how quickly the DS-260 needs to be completed? We are currently on E3 and need to renew in June 2023. Will submitting the DS-260 show intent to immigrate and therefore affect our E3 renewal?

Does anyone have experience doing AOS vs consular interview? Pitfalls or things to look out for either way.

Hi,

Our family was selected also - exciting news and then I started reading about case numbers and worried ours might be high (2024OC000016).

Does anyone know how quickly the DS-260 needs to be completed? We are currently on E3 and need to renew in June 2023. Will submitting the DS-260 show intent to immigrate and therefore affect our E3 renewal?

Does anyone have experience doing AOS vs consular interview? Pitfalls or things to look out for either way.
How quickly you need to submit the DS260 in your case depends on if you’re processing AOS or CP. if CP, the sooner the better, if AOS, don’t be in a rush, it can wait. DS260 submission is a strong indication of an immigrant intent, which may lead to a denial of a NIV while waiting for your CN to become current.

Go through the AOS Process Spreadsheet to review the pros and cons of AOS vs. CP.

Bonjour tout le monde
J'ai été sélectionné DV lottery 2024, je projette de m'installer dans un autre pays pour travail dans quelques mois longue durée, ma question Dois-je remplir le DS260 maintenant ou attendre jusqu'à que j'aurai l'adresse de la nouvelle résidence à l'étranger ?
Merci d'avance pour vos réponses

Bonjour tout le monde
J'ai été sélectionné DV lottery 2024, je projette de m'installer dans un autre pays pour travail dans quelques mois longue durée, ma question Dois-je remplir le DS260 maintenant ou attendre jusqu'à que j'aurai l'adresse de la nouvelle résidence à l'étranger ?
Merci d'avance pour vos réponses
Post in English only please. This is an English speaking forum.