• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Personne ne peut prédire avec précision quand vous êtes susceptible de recevoir votre 2NL, car cela dépend de plusieurs facteurs tels que la date à laquelle votre formulaire DS260 a été soumis, le moment où KCC termine le traitement des formulaires, ainsi que les performances/traitements des cas DV par l'ambassade de votre pays concerné. .

Oui, tous vos enfants éligibles devront chacun passer un examen médical.
Merci pour vos réponses.
. Je suis camerounais vivant au Cameroun. Mon DS-260 et ceux des membres de ma famille ont été déposés le 15 juin 2023. seul le DS-260 de mon dernier enfant a été déposé le 3 juillet 2023 car son passeport n'était pas encore disponible.

Merci pour vos réponses.
. Je suis camerounais vivant au Cameroun. Mon DS-260 et ceux des membres de ma famille ont été déposés le 15 juin 2023. seul le DS-260 de mon dernier enfant a été déposé le 3 juillet 2023 car son passeport n'était pas encore disponible.
Post in English!

Thank you for your answers.
. I am Cameroonian living in Cameroon. My DS-260 and those of my family members were filed on June 15, 2023. Only my last child's DS-260 was filed on July 3, 2023 because his passport was not yet available.
If KCC is done processing your forms and your embassy is on track with taking on DV cases, then maybe your 2NL could show up soon.

Good Morning,
I won the DV lottery 2024 and my interview is soon. I would like to know two important things:-

1. If my name on the passport has 4 names and in the DV lottery entry, I wrote my middle name as only 1 name ( my father's name ) and didn't write my grandfather's because I didn't know I should write the name as it appears on the passport, will I be denied the visa?

2. If my photo was older than 6 months and I used it before in a tourist visa application more than 6 months ago without knowing that I should have used a more recent one. Will I be denied the visa?

Another thing, If I decided to be honest and declare these two mistakes before the interview, will it be respected and I can correct these simple mistakes before the interview in the DV lottery application? or will it be used against me in the interview with the counselor?

I filled the DS260 with the correct information regarding my name (as it appears on the passport), and I will bring new photos to the interview.

Your guidance and help is needed. Thank you!

Good Morning,
I won the DV lottery 2024 and my interview is soon. I would like to know two important things:-

1. If my name on the passport has 4 names and in the DV lottery entry, I wrote my middle name as only 1 name ( my father's name ) and didn't write my grandfather's because I didn't know I should write the name as it appears on the passport, will I be denied the visa?

2. If my photo was older than 6 months and I used it before in a tourist visa application more than 6 months ago without knowing that I should have used a more recent one. Will I be denied the visa?

Another thing, If I decided to be honest and declare these two mistakes before the interview, will it be respected and I can correct these simple mistakes before the interview in the DV lottery application? or will it be used against me in the interview with the counselor?

I filled the DS260 with the correct information regarding my name (as it appears on the passport), and I will bring new photos to the interview.

Your guidance and help is needed. Thank you!
1. Most likely not, not for that reason.
2. Probably not, especially if there's no significant difference in how you look today compared to the picture. We've only had a few reports of denial due to the passport more than 6 months old in the past, and most if not all of those were from one consulate back then (which was a couple of years ago).
3. Rule of thumb is to never provide unsolicited information as that is likely to cause more harm than good.

1. Most likely not, not for that reason.
2. Probably not, especially if there's no significant difference in how you look today compared to the picture. We've only had a few reports of denial due to the passport more than 6 months old in the past, and most if not all of those were from one consulate back then (which was a couple of years ago).
3. Rule of thumb is to never provide unsolicited information as that is likely to cause more harm than good.
Thank you very much!

We got selected 2024. Moved to the US in June last year on a TN Visa from Canada. We applied for the DV Lottery on our South African Passports though... choosing Montreal as our Interview location.

Today, we received the invite to the interview but it is in JOHANNESBURG, South Africa! on 18 July! What would be best for us to do? We have medicals scheduled for Thursday this week 23 May..... in the USA thinking we would apply for Adjustment of Status. ( We can early file 1 July). Somehow our DV Lottery Payment by Postal Money Order has been sent back to me too....

Please give me some direction. Is it still better do do AOS if we have a set date for an interview - even if it is on another continent?

What should I do?
Andrea

We got selected 2024. Moved to the US in June last year on a TN Visa from Canada. We applied for the DV Lottery on our South African Passports though... choosing Montreal as our Interview location.

Today, we received the invite to the interview but it is in JOHANNESBURG, South Africa! on 18 July! What would be best for us to do? We have medicals scheduled for Thursday this week 23 May..... in the USA thinking we would apply for Adjustment of Status. ( We can early file 1 July). Somehow our DV Lottery Payment by Postal Money Order has been sent back to me too....

Please give me some direction. Is it still better do do AOS if we have a set date for an interview - even if it is on another continent?

What should I do?
Andrea
No one can tell you for sure what it’s best for you as we don’t know all your circumstances…. However, if that was me… I’d book flights to joburg. The headaches involved in changing now, with July fairly close to the end of the fiscal year, wouldn’t be worth it personally to me. You would need to contact the panel doctor there to see how much time ahead of the interview you’d need for the medical (has to be done in same country you interview), and to book it. Visit some family or go to the Kruger for the days in between…
Do you have police certificates? You’d need those if you interview there, for both SA and I assume you spent a long time in Canada. But probably less hassle to get those than change the interview. Just my opinion.

When numbers in particular chargeability areas change to CURRENT, what does it mean? That they are not accepting any further numbers for the review and will focus on processing the existing candidates?

When numbers in particular chargeability areas change to CURRENT, what does it mean? That they are not accepting any further numbers for the review and will focus on processing the existing candidates?
CURRENT - when a region is marked as current on the VB it means there are enough visas for their estimation of remaining demand. Enough visas for everyone in that region.

Thank you for your response. Just to make it clear: if my number is say 45k and the previous month’s VB bulletin was showing say 27k, then changes to CURRENT, does it mean that I may submit my DS-260 and hope to be invited to interview soon?

Thank you for your response. Just to make it clear: if my number is say 45k and the previous month’s VB bulletin was showing say 27k, then changes to CURRENT, does it mean that I may submit my DS-260 and hope to be invited to interview soon?
For DV2024? You haven’t submitted your DS260 yet?

Not yet. Like I said my number is EU45k+, I am still not too sure they would even reach these figures
Well. You’ve left it pretty late in the fiscal year, there are only 4 months left. Not sure of the most up to date processing times but rule of thumb was 2 months kcc processing then it’s usually another 2 months to get on the interview schedule - they do all the scheduling for a particular month at the same time, and notify with 4-6 weeks notice. So you’re already kind of pushing up against time constraints at this stage. If you submit now you might get lucky. KCC have probably just received a ton of DV2025 DS260s so processing may be a little slow at the moment too. You probably want to submit asap if you’re interested in a visa. if you want to wait to see the next VB before submitting there just may not be enough time for processing to complete.

Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it.
I think I’ll start filling out DS260. Judging by the numbers for EU in 2023 I still have doubts they will reach 45k+ number let alone announce CURRENT. We will see. Hope is a good swimmer ;)

Hi, my wife is a selectee (2024AF16XXX) receiving treatment in the USA. Is it late to file for AOS? Her B2 stay expires 07/16? Can she file for EOS on medical grounds before filing for AOS?

Hi, my wife is a selectee (2024AF16XXX) receiving treatment in the USA. Is it late to file for AOS? Her B2 stay expires 07/16? Can she file for EOS on medical grounds before filing for AOS?
If your wife is the main selectee and she’s currently in the US with a valid status, (and her CN is current), she can go ahead and file for AOS now.