• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Please my CN is 2024AF24***, wanted know the difference between the form I-864 and I-134. For my case I have 4 derivatives and is not for a temporarily visit. I need a clarification with the type of form and attached documents my sponsor would fill
as a proof of we not becoming a public charge. Thank you

Please my CN is 2024AF24***, wanted know the difference between the form I-864 and I-134. For my case I have 4 derivatives and is not for a temporarily visit. I need a clarification with the type of form and attached documents my sponsor would fill
as a proof of we not becoming a public charge. Thank you
Did I not already provide you with the information you’re asking for again?

Hello,

I'm French and I've lived in Mexico - I had a one-year visa (which I indicated in the DS-260). I had my interview at the embassy for the DV Visa a month and a half ago. I need to send them a document that is missing as soon as possible: my Mexican criminal record extract.

I've been working with a Mexican lawyer for several weeks now to obtain this document. It's uncertain whether I'll be able to obtain it.

Also, I indicated in my DS-260 that I spent 1 year in Mexico because I had a one-year visa to reside there, but I realized a few days ago that I never spent 12 consecutive months in Mexico (I returned to France for a few weeks for family events). So technically, I guess that I don’t have to provide a mexicain criminal record.

My question:
What do you think if I justify not spending 12 consecutive months in Mexico, with my flight tickets to support that I actually don’t need to provide a Mexican criminal record and a letter explaining this? Is there a risk of being denied the Green Card?

Hey,
Maybe someone knows, both my parents have crossed the borders and entered the US early January this year, my dad is the main applicant. A month later, my mom received her GC, however we're still waiting on my dad's.. It's already 2 months, but we started to get worried because of the delay. Also, they both haven't received their SSN cards, we went to the SSA 2 weeks ago, and my mom's card was sent a week later, however we never got my dad's. Anyone maybe have experience with such delays or could tell what could it be?
Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I'm French and I've lived in Mexico - I had a one-year visa (which I indicated in the DS-260). I had my interview at the embassy for the DV Visa a month and a half ago. I need to send them a document that is missing as soon as possible: my Mexican criminal record extract.

I've been working with a Mexican lawyer for several weeks now to obtain this document. It's uncertain whether I'll be able to obtain it.

Also, I indicated in my DS-260 that I spent 1 year in Mexico because I had a one-year visa to reside there, but I realized a few days ago that I never spent 12 consecutive months in Mexico (I returned to France for a few weeks for family events). So technically, I guess that I don’t have to provide a mexicain criminal record.

My question:
What do you think if I justify not spending 12 consecutive months in Mexico, with my flight tickets to support that I actually don’t need to provide a Mexican criminal record and a letter explaining this? Is there a risk of being denied the Green Card?
IMHO, based on your above explanation, and at this stage of the process, there’s no technicality that exempts you from having to provide a Mexican PCC, considering you only left for France for a couple of weeks and subsequently returned to Mexico.

Hi @Sm1smom

I’ve got a further question from my other post in the AOS thread.

As we need to file I-539 extension of stay for our kids prior to submitting our AOS documentation, I’m second guessing whether to go the CP route.

We have not completed a DS-260 as we don’t want to jeopardize our non-immigrant status in case the green card lottery doesn’t work out.

1. If our CN becomes current for the month of June (advance notice announced in April fingers crossed) - can we submit the DS-260 then and expect to get an embassy interview shortly after?
2. Or would we have to wait a long time for them to process all other earlier DS-260s in front of us?
3. What is the average length of time to obtain police certifications for other countries we’ve lived in?
4. Would we also be expected to get a U.S. police certificate as we’ve lived here for 7 years?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Sm1smom

I’ve got a further question from my other post in the AOS thread.

As we need to file I-539 extension of stay for our kids prior to submitting our AOS documentation, I’m second guessing whether to go the CP route.

We have not completed a DS-260 as we don’t want to jeopardize our non-immigrant status in case the green card lottery doesn’t work out.

1. If our CN becomes current for the month of June (advance notice announced in April fingers crossed) - can we submit the DS-260 then and expect to get an embassy interview shortly after?
2. Or would we have to wait a long time for them to process all other earlier DS-260s in front of us?
3. What is the average length of time to obtain police certifications for other countries we’ve lived in?
4. Would we also be expected to get a U.S. police certificate as we’ve lived here for 7 years?

Thank you in advance.
1&2. It could take a while to get scheduled for a CP interview as the KCC will need some time to process the forms before scheduling your interview.
3. I have no idea.
4. No.

Hello everyone,

I had my interview at the end of January in Paris. However, I'm currently facing an issue regarding a missing Mexican PCC (Police Clearance Certificate). My lawyer has provided me with a digital version, but unfortunately, it's not the original document as requested. According to my lawyer in Mexico, obtaining an original PCC is a more challenging and time-consuming process, and it might require my personal presence in Mexico (which is almost impossible for me to do).

Here are my questions:
  • Should I submit the digital version of the PCC I have to the embassy and leave it at that?
  • Would it be advisable to include an explanation regarding the difficulty in obtaining an original PCC, especially considering my lawyer can assist in this process?
  • Should I explore alternative solutions to procure an original PCC?
I've been working with a Mexican lawyer for three months to obtain this PCC, so I really hope the embassy will accept the digital copy.

Thank you for any advice or insights you can provide.

Hello everyone,

I had my interview at the end of January in Paris. However, I'm currently facing an issue regarding a missing Mexican PCC (Police Clearance Certificate). My lawyer has provided me with a digital version, but unfortunately, it's not the original document as requested. According to my lawyer in Mexico, obtaining an original PCC is a more challenging and time-consuming process, and it might require my personal presence in Mexico (which is almost impossible for me to do).

Here are my questions:
  • Should I submit the digital version of the PCC I have to the embassy and leave it at that?
  • Would it be advisable to include an explanation regarding the difficulty in obtaining an original PCC, especially considering my lawyer can assist in this process?
  • Should I explore alternative solutions to procure an original PCC?
I've been working with a Mexican lawyer for three months to obtain this PCC, so I really hope the embassy will accept the digital copy.

Thank you for any advice or insights you can provide.
If what you have does not meet the requirements as laid out on the Reciprocity Page, it will not be considered acceptable by the embassy. An explanation of your efforts or inability to procure what the embassy is expecting will not cut it IMO since the Reciprocity page lists the PCC as available and states no exceptions allowed.

Hi,
I was wondering what I should do in my situation.
My case number is 48XXX Europe and I have chosen the embassy in Paris. But according to the bulletins, if I have any hope, I'll have my appointment in August or September and at that time it will be difficult to travel to Paris and the embassy will close. Would it be better for me to change embassies now or wait for the second letter and change then. And then, what happens if I ask for another embassy on another continent (Argentina) will my case number be taken into account?
Thank you for your help.

Hi,
I was wondering what I should do in my situation.
My case number is 48XXX Europe and I have chosen the embassy in Paris. But according to the bulletins, if I have any hope, I'll have my appointment in August or September and at that time it will be difficult to travel to Paris and the embassy will close. Would it be better for me to change embassies now or wait for the second letter and change then. And then, what happens if I ask for another embassy on another continent (Argentina) will my case number be taken into account?
Thank you for your help.
What would be the basis of asking for your case to be moved from your currently identified embassy to another embassy (and in another continent as a matter of fact? What demonstrable ties do you have to Argentina?

What would be the basis of asking for your case to be moved from your currently identified embassy to another embassy (and in another continent as a matter of fact? What demonstrable ties do you have to Argentina?
Let me explain the situation a little better. I'm on J1 and it ends at the end of June, so I have to leave the country and I have the possibility of spending several months in Argentina, as my husband is Argentinean. I've got a high number and I'm not sure I'll get an appointment, and I've just seen that the embassy in Paris will be closed for two weeks in August and September, so I've had the thought of changing embassies, but I don't know what the consequences would be, which is why I'm asking the question. What do you think of this option 1? Or would my other option be to wait if I have an appointment and change embassies at the last minute, option 2?
Thank you again for your help.

Let me explain the situation a little better. I'm on J1 and it ends at the end of June, so I have to leave the country and I have the possibility of spending several months in Argentina, as my husband is Argentinean. I've got a high number and I'm not sure I'll get an appointment, and I've just seen that the embassy in Paris will be closed for two weeks in August and September, so I've had the thought of changing embassies, but I don't know what the consequences would be, which is why I'm asking the question. What do you think of this option 1? Or would my other option be to wait if I have an appointment and change embassies at the last minute, option 2?
Thank you again for your help.
That’s interesting. Where did you get the information about the embassy being closed for two weeks in August and September? Is that information from KCC or from the embassy itself?

Anyway, once the KCC schedules an interview and issues the 2NL, they can no longer entertain any change request as they no longer have anything to do with the case. If you wish to change the interview location at that point, which could be quite difficult to accomplish, you’ll need to initiate a case transfer by first contacting the embassy you wish to interview with to find out if they will be willing to take on your case. If they agree, then you’ll need to reach out to the embassy where you’re already scheduled and request they transfer your case file to the embassy willing to take on the case.

If you wish to change the embassy before you get scheduled, then you’ll need to contact KCC in this case and request a change of embassy. However in order for KCC to do so, they will need to be convinced of your direct ties to the new embassy you wish to change. Such ties would be such as a change of address, as in you’ve already relocated to the new country you wish to get interviewed at as at the time of requesting the embassy change.

Hello everybody!

Please help me to clarify. My husband is a selectee for DV2024 and our interview has been already scheduled which is great.
When filling ds 260 I entered my current legal name which I obtained after marriage in 2016. I live in USA, so all my documents are issued for the new last name. However my international passport still has my maiden name since embassy of my country does not provide a procedure of changing our last names on the territory of USA (it can be done only in the country of the origin which I could not visit). So now the situation is my DS form and passport reflect different last names. How can it affect my chances to get a visa?

Another question: since filling DS form we received new international passports with new serial numbers. Do we have to update our DS forms or let the consulate know?

Thank you!

Bonjour! J'ai été sélectionné pour la loterie DV. Mon CN est le 2024AF00053xxx. Je suis marié et père de 3 enfants. selon le bulletin des visas de mai 2024, je serai à jour en juin. J'aimerais savoir quand je recevrai mon 2NL ?. Je voudrais également savoir si les enfants doivent également subir un examen médical ?

Bonjour! J'ai été sélectionné pour la loterie DV. Mon CN est le 2024AF00053xxx. Je suis marié et père de 3 enfants. selon le bulletin des visas de mai 2024, je serai à jour en juin. J'aimerais savoir quand je recevrai mon 2NL ?. Je voudrais également savoir si les enfants doivent également subir un examen médical ?
Post in English only please.

Good morning! I was selected for the DV lottery. My CN is 2024AF00053xxx. I am married and father of 3 children. according to the May 2024 visa bulletin, I will be up to date in June. I would like to know when I will receive my 2NL?. I would also like to know if children also have to undergo a medical examination?

Good morning! I was selected for the DV lottery. My CN is 2024AF00053xxx. I am married and father of 3 children. according to the May 2024 visa bulletin, I will be up to date in June. I would like to know when I will receive my 2NL?. I would also like to know if children also have to undergo a medical examination?
Regarding the medical examination: "You (and each family member applying for a visa with you) are required to schedule a medical appointment with an authorized physician in the country where you will be interviewed. "
Source: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...iew/diversity-visa-prepare-for-interview.html

Regarding the 2NL: : I have no better answer than britsimon's "Those that are current, and have forms processed early enough, can normally expect their 2NL in the next 2 to 3 weeks from now."
Source: https://britsimonsays.com/visa-bulletin-for-june-2024-interviews-released/

Last edited:
No one can predict precisely when you’re likely to receive your 2NL as that is dependent on a couple of factors such as when your DS260 form was submitted, plus when KCC completes processing the forms, plus your applicable’s embassy’s performance/handling of DV cases.

Yes, all your eligible children will each be required to complete the medical exam.