• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello dear,
My case# is AF16xxx, interview location is Congo-Kinshasa, my place of residence....I live and work here. I have not receive my 2NL. I checked the ceac data for October and only 1 interview was done in Kinshasa. My country of chargeability is sierra leone.......17 interviews were done in October. I was wondering what you think? should I request KCC to change my interview location to my country of chargeability? Appreciate your thoughts and advice.

Hello everyone,

I am preparing for my upcoming embassy interview and have a few questions regarding the necessary documents:
  1. As a French citizen, I will be attending the interview at the US embassy in Paris. Do I need to translate documents that are in French?

2. A friend of mine won the Green Card through the DV Lottery a few years ago. He mentioned a document, possibly an affidavit, that an American citizen should sign to confirm that I won't be a financial burden for the US. Is this a requirement?

3. I have worked and lived in Mexico for exactly 12 months. According to the travel.state.gov website, it is mentioned that one 'must submit a police certificate from any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months.' Does this apply to me?
Thank you for your assistance.

Hello everyone,

I am preparing for my upcoming embassy interview and have a few questions regarding the necessary documents:
  1. As a French citizen, I will be attending the interview at the US embassy in Paris. Do I need to translate documents that are in French?

2. A friend of mine won the Green Card through the DV Lottery a few years ago. He mentioned a document, possibly an affidavit, that an American citizen should sign to confirm that I won't be a financial burden for the US. Is this a requirement?

3. I have worked and lived in Mexico for exactly 12 months. According to the travel.state.gov website, it is mentioned that one 'must submit a police certificate from any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 months.' Does this apply to me?
Thank you for your assistance.
1. In general, documents issued in the official language of the country where the interview is scheduled to take place do not need to be translated into English. However, the Paris US embassy seems to require English translation of non-English issued documents.
2. There’s an expectation for all selectees to be able to demonstrate they’re unlikely to become a public charge. One of the recommended means of doing so is by having an I-134 from a US citizen, or a permanent resident.
3. Exactly 12 months is as good as having lived there for more than 12 months. Err on the side of caution, be prepared by ensuring you have the PC.

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. Thank you for your previous answers.

I have a question regarding the I-134 form for the visa process. I found a document on the USCIS website that appears to be the I-134 form. Are there multiple versions of the I-134 form, or do you believe I have the correct document?

Additionally, a close friend has offered to fill out the I-134 form for me. I would like to know if there are additional documents he needs to include with the affidavit. I've heard about possible attachments such as:
  1. Copies of the sponsor’s federal income tax return
  2. A statement from the sponsor’s employer indicating salary, length, and permanency of employment
  3. A statement from a bank officer regarding the sponsor’s account, the account opening date, and the current balance
  4. Any other evidence sufficient to establish financial ability to support the applicant for an indefinite period
I appreciate your assistance and any insights you can provide on this matter.

Thank you very much.

Hello everyone,

I have another question: do all the provided documents need to be apostilled?

Thank you very much

1. I have a question regarding the I-134 form for the visa process. I found a document on the USCIS website that appears to be the I-134 form. Are there multiple versions of the I-134 form, or do you believe I have the correct document?
2. I would like to know if there are additional documents he needs to include with the affidavit.
3. do all the provided documents need to be apostilled?
1. There's only one version that's current and there's only one proper source: https://www.uscis.gov/i-134
2. Page I linked in 1. has a form and instructions how to fill it. Instructions have a section "Supporting Evidence" that answers your question.
3. No.

Hi everyone,
In my DS260 form I filled out the schools name and majors in my own language would that be a problem should I unlock and change it?

Hello everyone,
I'd like to know if all the copies of the documents we have to provide for the embassy interview should be apostilled (copy of diploma, police certificate, etc.)?

Hello everyone,
I'd like to know if all the copies of the documents we have to provide for the embassy interview should be apostilled (copy of diploma, police certificate, etc.)?
I've already answered that in my previous response. No.

Hello everyone,
SamiaB - in addition to the spot on response already provided by Xarthisius, maybe you should spend some quality time on the website of the US embassy where you’re interviewing at to read up on their expectations.

Hi everyone,
In my DS260 form I filled out the schools name and majors in my own language would that be a problem should I unlock and change it?
Is your CN already current? If it is not, I would recommend unlocking your DS260 and update the information in English.

Thank you. Yes it is already current. Is that a possible denial reason or could I correct it during interview.
If your CN is already current, the DS260 form will not be unlocked by the KCC. So update the information when you go for your interview.

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate your insights:

1. I am currently in the process of obtaining a police certificate from a foreign country where I resided for a year. I am uncertain whether I will receive it in time for my embassy interview. Should I consider postponing the interview?
  2. Regarding my work experience justification, I worked in the US with a J1 visa for a year and a half. On the J1 documentation, my status is listed as "Trainee." Is this considered a valid work experience?
  3. Is it necessary to provide proof of my relationship with the individual listed as the contact person at the US address in the DS-260 form for the green card delivery?
Thank you in advance for any guidance or advice you can offer.

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate your insights:

1. I am currently in the process of obtaining a police certificate from a foreign country where I resided for a year. I am uncertain whether I will receive it in time for my embassy interview. Should I consider postponing the interview?
  2. Regarding my work experience justification, I worked in the US with a J1 visa for a year and a half. On the J1 documentation, my status is listed as "Trainee." Is this considered a valid work experience?
  3. Is it necessary to provide proof of my relationship with the individual listed as the contact person at the US address in the DS-260 form for the green card delivery?
Thank you in advance for any guidance or advice you can offer.
1. No, don’t postpone the interview. Getting a new interview date is not guaranteed. Attend your interview as is, if a document is missing, your case will be put on AP pending the receipt and review of the document by the embassy, which is better than missing out on the interview.
2. Trainee is equivalent to being a student, that therefore will not count as meeting the work experience requirement.
3. No.

Hello Mom, I'd like to switch from AOS to CP. How long would the process take? I already submitted my DS-260 but haven't paid the visa fee. I'm currently an F-1 visa holder and my case number is SA32XX

Hello Mom, I'd like to switch from AOS to CP. How long would the process take? I already submitted my DS-260 but haven't paid the visa fee. I'm currently an F-1 visa holder and my case number is SA32XX
How long depends on several factors such as when your CN becomes current + when KCC completes processing your DS260 + how well your applicable embassy is responding to DV based cases.

How long depends on several factors such as when your CN becomes current + when KCC completes processing your DS260 + how well your applicable embassy is responding to DV based cases.
Thank you for responding. I received my 2nL for AOS, would I have to unlock my DS260 for reprocessing? My embassy is POS, Trinidad and Tobago, I believe processing is pre-pandemic speed

Thank you for responding. I received my 2nL for AOS, would I have to unlock my DS260 for reprocessing? My embassy is POS, Trinidad and Tobago, I believe processing is pre-pandemic speed
Additionally, I completed an I-693 last year because I was going to apply for an employment based category. Can I use the same one or will I have to get a new one in Trinidad

The AOS 2NL is irrelevant to CP. Your DS260 form was not processed by KCC if it was submitted for AOS, I’m sure the KCC indicated that in the 2NL you received. So now, you’ll need to I email the KCC and inform them you wish to switch from AOS to CP. It is only after you inform the KCC about your intention to switch to CP that they will now open the form and process it accordingly.

Additionally, I completed an I-693 last year because I was going to apply for an employment based category. Can I use the same one or will I have to get a new one in Trinidad
No, you cannot use the medical report from the US for CP. You’ll need to complete a new medical report with the Panel Physician assigned by your applicable local US embassy.