• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

MTL is very nondiscriminatory in that regard. Anyone can (and does) get DS-5535, not just the "usual suspects". Those are being processed in D.C., so local backlog doesn't affect the processing time. However, the agency doing the checks is of course also backlogged, cause it's just a handful of people (AFAIR I saw ~20-30 people working there in one of the FOIAs).
DS5535 is specifically to assess if a visa applicant is a potential security threat. You’re saying they give these to anyone regardless of background?

DS5535 is specifically to assess if a visa applicant is a potential security threat. You’re saying they give these to anyone regardless of background?
I cannot claim I know individual circumstances of each case, but people sharing the stories about getting ds5535 at MTL are not the typical Iranians and/or nuclear engineers.
Purely statistically MTL is an outlier in terms of 221g and length of time it takes to resolve them. Of course I have no way of knowing if long 221g received a ds5535 or not. It's all guessing and hearsay.

The only other outlier (even worse) is Joburg BTW.

I cannot claim I know individual circumstances of each case, but people sharing the stories about getting ds5535 at MTL are not the typical Iranians and/or nuclear engineers.
Purely statistically MTL is an outlier in terms of 221g and length of time it takes to resolve them. Of course I have no way of knowing if long 221g received a ds5535 or not. It's all guessing and hearsay.

The only other outlier (even worse) is Joburg BTW.
Generally Middle East/north Africa, not just Iranians. Joburg is interesting, but the sample will be pretty small, no?

Hello, just wanted to share my positive experience at the Auckland Consulate (NZ).

Went in at 10, initial screen was just asking for CV + proof of funds then waited nearly 2 hours for actual interview (which makes me think you can come way before your scheduled slot).

I mailed both education and work experience documents (contract + offer letters) and brought the ONet grade to the interview. I didn't complete 4 years of NZ education as specified in the DV winner email, as such I felt it necessary to do both routes. I was asked where did I go to school, what high school qualifications, where I went after school (university), what I did after university and plans in the US. That was probably 5 minutes.

Aside from the waiting, it was a good experience. Staff were friendly.

I'm planning to move next year but I'll do a one week trip this year to activate the visa this year which expires 6 months after medical.

The consulate is not very responsive to emails, it might have just been a busy time of the year.

Please does anybody has an update on ghana embassy. Number became current in November 2023 but no 2NL. Number is 13xxxxx
Accra consistently invites either 20 cases / mo or 0 on a given month. For 10 mo they scheduled 20 cases 7 times so far. They're up to 2024AF6215 in terms of case numbers. I'm sorry but AF13k is unlikely to get process in Accra this year.

I didn't complete 4 years of NZ education as specified in the DV winner email, as such I felt it necessary to do both routes.

Please, could you elaborate on this part?
Is NCEA level 2... 6th form in year 12 not sufficient?

Could you possibly specify what the DV winner email mentions about NZ education?

Please, could you elaborate on this part?
Is NCEA level 2... 6th form in year 12 not sufficient?

Could you possibly specify what the DV winner email mentions about NZ education?
Here's the wording:

Evidence of required education or work experience: Provide original documentation showing satisfactory completion of at least 12 years schooling, including 4 years high school education. If you do not qualify with at least 4 years High School (N.Z. 6th Form or grade 12), you must present evidence and proof which meets US Labor Department Grade 7 definition on website (i.e. 7>-<8)...

NCEA level 2 6th form is good! I have the same but I did not complete all 4 years, i.e. I started in year 11 and finished year 13. IMO it's entirely dependent on the interviewing officer but I didn't want to take that chance so I also prepared work experience documents. I don't know which one I actually qualifed under

Here's the wording:

Evidence of required education or work experience: Provide original documentation showing satisfactory completion of at least 12 years schooling, including 4 years high school education. If you do not qualify with at least 4 years High School (N.Z. 6th Form or grade 12), you must present evidence and proof which meets US Labor Department Grade 7 definition on website (i.e. 7>-<8)...

NCEA level 2 6th form is good! I have the same but I did not complete all 4 years, i.e. I started in year 11 and finished year 13. IMO it's entirely dependent on the interviewing officer but I didn't want to take that chance so I also prepared work experience documents. I don't know which one I actually qualifed under

How do we prove that someone attended all four years of high school, when my NZQA account only lists info on level 1 & 2 (year 11,12) so its only got record of completion of NCEA levels and no information of anything prior to that about year 9 and year 10

Last edited:
How do we prove that someone attended all four years of high school, when my NZQA account only lists info on level 1 & 2 (year 11,12) so its only got record of completion of NCEA levels and no information of anything prior to that about year 9 and year 10
I asked for a leaving certificate that shows my year of entry and year of graduation from my school's counsellor. I also sent in my university degree since that implies I have UE.

I think the NCEA level 1/2 proof should be fine, since that is normally associated with completing high school unless you give them reason to doubt that you did complete high school. If you still have your year 9/10/11/12 class grades, that's fine too (I still had them so I sent it).

Honestly, I was in the interview with a bunch of other DV winners. Our interviews were all around 5 minutes, I doubt that they would ask you about year 9/10. They're more likely to assess on how you'd fit in in the US, eg what you're planning to do, what you studied at uni, proof of funds etc.

When's your interview?