• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Eight months of AP in Montreal. Our case has not been updating on CEAC unless when they send us a next meaningless response to our inquiry. Is there really nothing we can do? If I go to the consulate myself, is there a chance they will let me in to talk to a consular officer? Otherwise I bet they are just going to ignore us until September 30.

Eight months of AP in Montreal. Our case has not been updating on CEAC unless when they send us a next meaningless response to our inquiry. Is there really nothing we can do? If I go to the consulate myself, is there a chance they will let me in to talk to a consular officer? Otherwise I bet they are just going to ignore us until September 30.

You could file a mandamus lawsuit to try and get action, but chances are they will finish your 221g soon anyway. But it's your choice. I think Curtis Morrison charges about $4k

You could file a mandamus lawsuit to try and get action, but chances are they will finish your 221g soon anyway. But it's your choice. I think Curtis Morrison charges about $4k
Thanks Simon. We thought about WoM but decided against it since there is no guarantee even if we file it. We'll just wait and keep sending inquiries to the consulate.

I cannot claim I know individual circumstances of each case, but people sharing the stories about getting ds5535 at MTL are not the typical Iranians and/or nuclear engineers.
Purely statistically MTL is an outlier in terms of 221g and length of time it takes to resolve them. Of course I have no way of knowing if long 221g received a ds5535 or not. It's all guessing and hearsay.

The only other outlier (even worse) is Joburg BTW.

Belgrade Embassy is rough as well this year, handing out DS-5535s and CVs left and right. Nearly 50% of all the people who had their interviews there are in 221g, which is in stark contrast to what BLG has been doing in previous years.

Hi All,
My case number is 2024EU0048XXX.
When I am checking my visa status on nvc website it says the case is at NVC. Given that my CN should be current in September according to VB, is it ok for the case to be at NVC at the moment? Do the cases become "In transit" whenever the interview date is known?

Thanks in advance

Hello, just wanted to share my positive experience at the Auckland Consulate (NZ).

Went in at 10, initial screen was just asking for CV + proof of funds then waited nearly 2 hours for actual interview (which makes me think you can come way before your scheduled slot).

I mailed both education and work experience documents (contract + offer letters) and brought the ONet grade to the interview. I didn't complete 4 years of NZ education as specified in the DV winner email, as such I felt it necessary to do both routes. I was asked where did I go to school, what high school qualifications, where I went after school (university), what I did after university and plans in the US. That was probably 5 minutes.

Aside from the waiting, it was a good experience. Staff were friendly.

I'm planning to move next year but I'll do a one week trip this year to activate the visa this year which expires 6 months after medical.

The consulate is not very responsive to emails, it might have just been a busy time of the year.
Congratulations! So good to hear the interview went smoothly for you. I have just received my 2NL last week for Auckland, I am trying to get my docs together but I saw regarding the medical that I have to wait for a letter to get posted to me? Is that correct?

Hi All,
My case number is 2024EU0048XXX.
When I am checking my visa status on nvc website it says the case is at NVC. Given that my CN should be current in September according to VB, is it ok for the case to be at NVC at the moment? Do the cases become "In transit" whenever the interview date is known?

Thanks in advance
Unfortunately, the VB being current up to 50,000 does not mean there is a chance for many cases that high. Several embassies have reached their capacity with numbers in the low 30's.

So it is likely you won't get a 2NL

I am happy to share my update. After 266 days of AP, we got a request for passports and updated medical exam! We are so glad we didn’t spend money on a lawsuit. Thanks @Britsimon, you were right!

Lol...sure you do :) But you must use some tech savvy stuff to extract the data. CEAC page, as I try to find the data, I simply could not locate the links.
I'm not sure why you're laughing. There's no magical source I'm hiding from you. I really do that via CEAC page. Input case number, solve captcha, hit submit, repeat. I'm just not doing it by hand...

I'm not sure why you're laughing. There's no magical source I'm hiding from you. I really do that via CEAC page. Input case number, solve captcha, hit submit, repeat. I'm just not doing it by hand...
Oh I did not mean to offend you, apologies if I did!! That is just what I needed to know!

Come on dude. Tell them the truth. This giggle has been going on long enough...