• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello everyone
Some of you known if there are going to receive their IL or Bio letter in advance before they receive it in their mailbox!!!
If you guys could explain to me how !?...

Hi YouNeverKnow, I think we have been assigned to the same FO (ASC -> Long Island City). Despite Brooklyn, NYC (Manhattan) and Queens FOs are located in the same building, they cover different areas. People who already received their IL are - likely - under the NYC (Manhattan) jurisdiction, whilst we are under Queens FO. You can find this information in USCIS website (using you ZIP code). Similarly to your case, despite I have my biometric appointment scheduled for next Monday, I did not receive any IL yet. Probably our FO operates in a different way from NYC (Manhattan) FO. Hopefully, we will receive our IL in the next few weeks. For your reference you may find my timeline in the forum's spreadsheet.
Yup! We get this every year. Several selectees in New York do not bother to use the zip code to identify the specific FO with jurisdiction over their cases. They just list NY and begin to wonder how come some cases seem to be progressing while theirs isn’t. There are several NY FOs, got tired of pointing this out year after year.

Mine was updated too. I talked with Emma and she said that the interview has been scheduled and I will get a notice by mail in 7 days. So I think that is what it means and you will be getting the notice soon. Good luck!
Thank you for your message! I checked my USCIS online account, and it now says the same thing!

"July 29, 2021
Interview Was Scheduled
On July 29, 2021, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number ---------. We will mail you an interview notice. "

Thank you for your message! I checked my USCIS online account, and it now says the same thing!

"July 29, 2021
Interview Was Scheduled
On July 29, 2021, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number ---------. We will mail you an interview notice. "
my USCIS account is showing nothing. You just need to add your case and thats all or you have to do something more?

"July 29, 2021
Interview Was Scheduled
My account started to work and it shows "

Interview Was Scheduled​

happy )

my USCIS account is showing nothing. You just need to add your case and thats all or you have to do something more?
Don’t worry too much about the USCIS account. It’s very unreliable and most people don’t see any updates between “Biometrics fee paid” and “Card being produced”.

"July 29, 2021
Interview Was Scheduled
Same here. I don't know the date and time but mine was also scheduled.

Hi everyone,
I received my card in the mail today, exactly 7 days after my interview! My journey stops here... but I will pray for all of you to get your green cards too :) Actually if you check DV AOS forums from previous years, you will see that there are several cases of people who submitted their documents super late in the FY and still got their GCs, so keep hope! My case went from nothing scheduled to GC in the mail in less than 10 days. I am not saying that everyone will be in the same situation; but it can actually go fast. Don't lose hope!
I know how nerve-racking it can be to wait and wait and wait for an IL/bio/case update, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. We are lucky to be able to do AOS - many people doing CP have almost 0 chances to get their cases processed on time, and we have more ways to get help available here.
Last thing: I have Informed Delivery. The tracking number today was showing that my GC should be delivered today (which was the case); but on Informed Delivery, no trace of the letter from USCIS. So be careful with Informed Delivery, there can be glitches (I don't know if this is frequent though).

Best of luck to everyone!

"July 29, 2021
Interview Was Scheduled
Same here! Also Seattle FO

Good morning Mom,
I did my biometric appointment on July 26, my case status was updated right away same day saying that July 26, 2021 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.

Now this morning I have checked my case status again and have a new update saying
July 29, 2021

Case Was Updated To Show That No One Appeared For In-Person Processing​

On July 29, 2021, we requested that certain people associated with your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXX , come to an appointment. No one came to the appointment, and this will significantly affect your case. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action.

I have never received an interview letter yet, what that supposed to mean???

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning Mom,
I did my biometric appointment on July 26, my case status was updated right away same day saying that July 26, 2021 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.

Now this morning I have checked my case status again and have a new update saying
July 29, 2021

Case Was Updated To Show That No One Appeared For In-Person Processing​

On July 29, 2021, we requested that certain people associated with your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXX , come to an appointment. No one came to the appointment, and this will significantly affect your case. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action.

I have never received an interview letter yet, what that supposed to mean???
Looks like they’re saying you did not show up for your interview as scheduled and they will subsequently consider your application as abandoned. You need to contact USCIS right away to let them know you never received an IL.
By the way, I edited your post and x’ed out your receipt number.

Looks like they’re saying you did not show up for your interview as scheduled and they will subsequently consider your application as abandoned. You need to contact USCIS right away to let them know you never received an IL.
By the way, I edited your post and x’ed out your receipt number.
Thank you. I will contact USCIS right away.
And thank you for editing my case number, appreciate it. I got high on emotion about this update and absolutely forgot about precaution.

Hi,
@MDDv2021 (Name as in the timeline) Any update from your case? We are from the same FO. I see no updates from you since 6/25.
Thank you