• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I just got my bio letter today, scheduled for Aug19. Is yours too in Chamblee Tucker Rd too?what days and time where you unsuccessful?
I attempted walk-in today and became successful. Reached there at 7:30am. No one was in the line outside. I reached to the guard and handed him the appointment letter. He said - You guys are lucky, congratulations. I thanked him and walked in.
i would recommend you try again when there is no crowd.

Hi,
I saw a mention regarding cross-country chargeability, could you explain how it works?
My wife is the main applicant (she was the one selected), born in France, I'm the derivative born in Germany. Would this be considered as cross-country chargeability and in that case should I provide additional documents for the interview? It seems to be applied to a country where a visa is not available but I think in my case this would not apply, right?
Thank you!!

Hi,
I saw a mention regarding cross-country chargeability, could you explain how it works?
My wife is the main applicant (she was the one selected), born in France, I'm the derivative born in Germany. Would this be considered as cross-country chargeability and in that case should I provide additional documents for the interview? It seems to be applied to a country where a visa is not available but I think in my case this would not apply, right?
Thank you!!

Yeah it's for when the applicant is from a county that's not eligible. If they're married to someone who is from an eligible country, then they can "cross-charge" to that country and submit an entry of their own. Of course they can already benefit as a deriviative if the eligible spouse wins, but being able to enter as an applicant themselves doubles their chances.

But if they win, they are not treated as a derivative - instead, both the cross-charging applicant and the spouse are treated as primary applicants.

Good morning Mom,
I did my biometric appointment on July 26, my case status was updated right away same day saying that July 26, 2021 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.

Now this morning I have checked my case status again and have a new update saying
July 29, 2021

Case Was Updated To Show That No One Appeared For In-Person Processing​

On July 29, 2021, we requested that certain people associated with your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXX , come to an appointment. No one came to the appointment, and this will significantly affect your case. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action.

I have never received an interview letter yet, what that supposed to mean???
Several people at my FO had the same issue, they received IL after the interview date. I actually received my IL the same day than the interview, so if my IO hadn't called a week earlier me I would have been screwed.
One of the persons of my company tried a walk-in at the FO with her IL and explained her case. They accepted to schedule her for another interview. I don't know if you can do that at your FO, this would depend whether they are nice and understanding as at my FO. I think that if you can prove that you received it later (or never received it) they could be flexible. Good luck!!

Several people at my FO had the same issue, they received IL after the interview date. I actually received my IL the same day than the interview, so if my IO hadn't called a week earlier me I would have been screwed.
One of the persons of my company tried a walk-in at the FO with her IL and explained her case. They accepted to schedule her for another interview. I don't know if you can do that at your FO, this would depend whether they are nice and understanding as at my FO. I think that if you can prove that you received it later (or never received it) they could be flexible. Good luck!!
Thank you very much

Hi,
Thank you!!
Cross-chargeability only applies when you actively elect to use it in the entry process.

It doesn't look like there's any Portland OR on the timeline spreadsheet, so I can't answer your question. If you and other users add your timeline and diligently update your progress on the spreadsheet, it will be a lot easier for everyone.
@Sm1smom I wanted to add my details to the Timeline but seems like I have read only access.
Here are my details if you could please kindly add them to the timeline.

UNshilaesf
CN2021AS12xxx
StatusF1/OPT
current monthJuly
ASCPortland,OR
FOPortland,OR
Chicago LB DD6/9/2021
CourierUSPS
accepted text6/22/2021
payment cashed6/23/2021
NOA letterreturned to USCIS by USPSnever received
Bio Receive date7/20/20217/29/2021I received 2 bio letters!
Bio date08/9/202116/8/2021
DOS Receipt date5/21/2021
DS 260 submission date12/29/2020
2NL date2/1/2021

Hi everyone,
I received my green card today (After fighting with USPS for the last 3 days), I will start a new book of my life. Pray to everyone here to get the card too. Thank you to everyone, was a very helpful group. My case number current AS165** was in June and I sent my package the same bulletin day (04/20/21).
Advice to everyone: Never quit, fight and do the best you can even if you thought you have 1% chance to make it done. it happened to me twice, I got a voice mail saying that I have an interview the same day. Another, when my GC mail was about to return back (insufficient address) to the USCIS but I fought with USPS for 3 days to get the mail. Now I can say "MY DREAM CAME TRUE"

Please anyone can update the timeline with my following update (I don't have access anymore):
072221 Interview (No notice same day call)
072221 Interview completed must be reviewed
072321 Case Approved
072621 Card Mailed
072821 Card returned due to insufficient address
073021 Received the Green Card
Never received 2NL.

Last edited:
@Sm1smom I wanted to add my details to the Timeline but seems like I have read only access.
Here are my details if you could please kindly add them to the timeline.

UNshilaesf
CN2021AS12xxx
StatusF1/OPT
current monthJuly
ASCPortland,OR
FOPortland,OR
Chicago LB DD6/9/2021
CourierUSPS
accepted text6/22/2021
payment cashed6/23/2021
NOA letterreturned to USCIS by USPSnever received
Bio Receive date7/20/20217/29/2021I received 2 bio letters!
Bio date08/9/202116/8/2021
DOS Receipt date5/21/2021
DS 260 submission date12/29/2020
2NL date2/1/2021
You need to send an access request from the spreadsheet, that will enable you to update it directly yourself

I can provide a little trivia update about my case and the USCIS Ombudsman.
We filed an expedite request on humanitarian grounds which really got us nowhere except for them to reveal our August interview date much earlier than we would have normally received it via the IL.
So we have been pushing the Ombudsman to assist and finally they have. The Brooklyn field Office director signed off on moving our interview forward 6 days. So it's next week now. Quite a trivial improvement in the grand scheme of things (we filed in October) but I will take it.

The main take away I can share is that if you REALLY push the front line people on the Ombudsman's support phone, they CAN transfer you to the analyst who is handling your case. And this made all the difference.

Hi everyone,
I gave my bio on July 8th (received NOA on May 28th, so I already waited for quite a bit)
I still haven’t receive my IL, I contacted both Tier 2 (which didn’t really help, they said my FO will process the inquiry, and an agent is currently working on my case and I’m on the queue for interview scheduling + and my congressman’s office didn’t receive any updates from USCIS)
At this point, there’s nothing really that I can do other than waiting right? Just asking to make sure I’m on the right track in terms of looking after my case
Thanks!

We filed an expedite request on humanitarian grounds which really got us nowhere except for them to reveal our August interview date much earlier than we would have normally received it via the IL.
So we have been pushing the Ombudsman to assist and finally they have. The Brooklyn field Office director signed off on moving our interview forward 6 days. So it's next week now. Quite a trivial improvement in the grand scheme of things (we filed in October) but I will take it.

The main take away I can share is that if you REALLY push the front line people on the Ombudsman's support phone, they CAN transfer you to the analyst who is handling your case. And this made all the difference.
Congratulations
One question did you ask them to transfer you to the ombudsman or you contacted them directly?
I think my main question is that how to find and contact the ombudsman?

Congratulations
One question did you ask them to transfer you to the ombudsman or you contacted them directly?
I think my main question is that how to find and contact the ombudsman?

Though it is not relevant to most people. You need a good reason

This night I received email from USCIS saying "We have Taken action on your case", AGAIN. This time 3 emails instead of 1 ))

Last time when I received this email, after 2 days my status was updated to "Interview was scheduled"

I dont imagine what should be updated now))

Very happy to learn your case is finally moving along. Great update! Fingers crossed for you.

Hello all! I’m new to this forum. I see a member in spread sheet “cool African kid” adjusting status in Minneapolis. I’m also going through same process in Minneapolis, I have biometric appointment scheduled for next week. I’m wondering if you received interview notice yet?

Thank you!

Please share the ombudsman support phone, and the details on what to do. Thanks a lot.