• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

This night I received email from USCIS saying "We have Taken action on your case", AGAIN. This time 3 emails instead of 1 ))

Last time when I received this email, after 2 days my status was updated to "Interview was scheduled"

I dont imagine what should be updated now))
Hopefully next one will be approved without interview

Received my approval letter and GC on the same day (07/28/2021). It was supposed to arrive on Saturday, but ended up 2 days faster. Very excited and also relieved at the same time. It's been a really long journey for me since I came to the States 10 years ago. Now I can find jobs w/o worrying sponsorship and what not. This forum has been very helpful. Thanks and hope you all get your GC soon.

I can provide a little trivia update about my case and the USCIS Ombudsman.
We filed an expedite request on humanitarian grounds which really got us nowhere except for them to reveal our August interview date much earlier than we would have normally received it via the IL.
So we have been pushing the Ombudsman to assist and finally they have. The Brooklyn field Office director signed off on moving our interview forward 6 days. So it's next week now. Quite a trivial improvement in the grand scheme of things (we filed in October) but I will take it.

The main take away I can share is that if you REALLY push the front line people on the Ombudsman's support phone, they CAN transfer you to the analyst who is handling your case. And this made all the difference.
That's great! I'm glad you have finally reached the last step of this journey. It's been a long one for you! Good luck :)

@Sm1smom I sent u a request over a month to change my forum name into the name that match my xcell file but it was not approved yet. would u mind please to take a quick look into it? TIA

Seattle folks (@ysss, @Rudolf19, @DV21AS21***, @resillent) - I just found out that my interview date is September 8th. Given the pattern so far, I guess your interview dates will probably be around the same time.

The way I found out was: I typed "speak to representative" in the Emma chat, and then they assigned me a real person. I then asked them what my interview date is, and they told me. My letter hasn't arrived, but it's good to know the date!

Seattle folks (@ysss, @Rudolf19, @DV21AS21***, @resillent) - I just found out that my interview date is September 8th. Given the pattern so far, I guess your interview dates will probably be around the same time.

The way I found out was: I typed "speak to representative" in the Emma chat, and then they assigned me a real person. I then asked them what my interview date is, and they told me. My letter hasn't arrived, but it's good to know the date!
This is so helpful and I think so too! Thank you so much ollie-o for letting us know. Really appreciate that :) let us prepare ourselves for the interview then. Kind of wish it could be set earlier to be honest.

Not @nar31 who you were responding to, but my case history (and my partner's) are in the same state. A while back there was talk of the system having problems, but they've never resolved for us -- are there others who were seeing "invalid date" before but are not anymore? Any reason to think this may be symptomatic of an actual problem with the case(s)?

Screenshot attached. Note that my EAD application (I-765) from some years ago is showing the case history just fine.

View attachment 2828
Mine is the same

Thanks for sharing the info, I also think that my interview is going to be around your date. My case status also says "Interview was scheduled", and I also have not received the IL. I'll update the spreadsheet with my interview date when I get the mail!

Thanks for sharing the info, I also think that my interview is going to be around your date. My case status also says "Interview was scheduled", and I also have not received the IL. I'll update the spreadsheet with my interview date when I get the mail!
you can ask Emma your interview date right now if you want )

Hi guys, this afternoon we had our interview in Philly. We came 10-15 min early and were called even earlier than our appt time. The interview went well. The officer was very polite and asked just i-485 related questions like our full name, place of birth when we got married etc. My husband said about the swapped names issue and the officer said he already noticed that since many people make that mistake so we are fine. By the end of our interview, he asked whether we want to add any docs and we handed in a job offer, our current enrollment certificates and my 2020 tax return transcript. He then let us ask any ques we have. I asked about the competition of the background check and KCC file and he assured us our background check was completed and look good and he also said he has everything he needs from KCC.
I also asked when we could expect the decision he was saying that it can take up to 30 days and asked whether we plan to move out from our current address. We said not until the end of September so he said we will definitely get it before that. The whole interview took about 20 min. Our online status hasn't changed since then. So the waiting continues :)

I'm just hoping we don't go into lockdown with the rise in cases and if that happens would they extend the timeline?
Most probably they will cancel the interview requirement. Last year toward the end of the fiscal year, most cases were either approved or rejected without an interview during the lockdown. In terms of extension, DV2020 are still fighting for it in court. I am not sure about the court decisions though.

Last edited:
Hey Chicago gang,

@Nanamizuki @SweetMangos Any updates on your interviews?
No, update. I contacted a live agent last week and this week and they told me biometrics had been applied to my case and my case was at the Chicago FO. On Monday (26th) I requested a tier 2 callback to see if I can get more info and claiming the time sensitivity/urgency of the dv cases. Today I got a Usps informed delivery email showing something from the Chicago field office is arriving (mailed and dated on the 28th/Wednesday) so will see if it is the IL or not, once I receive it.

No, update. I contacted a live agent last week and this week and they told me biometrics had been applied to my case and my case was at the Chicago FO. On Monday (26th) I requested a tier 2 callback to see if I can get more info and claiming the time sensitivity/urgency of the dv cases. Today I got a Usps informed delivery email showing something from the Chicago field office is arriving (mailed and dated on the 28th/Wednesday) so will see if it is the IL or not, once I receive it.
congrats. probably it is good letter for you. could you please update when you received it.
I could not receive any letter and no update by Emma today.