• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi Susie,
That's a very specific caveat, do you have any guidance on where this would be stated or even why? Thanks!
Why? Because both are considered principal applicants in that case. I believe it is stated in the instructions for entering DV (as well as in the FAM (manual) of course).

Why? Because both are considered principal applicants in that case. I believe it is stated in the instructions for entering DV (as well as in the FAM (manual) of course).
Hi Susie, just to be clear, you're describing a scenario where I was the actual selectee, correct?

In my case I am a spouse, not the selectee, from a non-eligible country.
However I don't have high school diploma (no such thing in UK), just university certificate and work experience.

Hi Susie, just to be clear, you're describing a scenario where I was the actual selectee, correct?

However I don't have high school diploma (no such thing in UK), just university certificate and work experience.
If you're not the selectee and your spouse is not cross-charging to your birth country, meeting the educational or work experience requirement does not apply to you. So whatever you have or do not have does not matter in this case.

Hi,
There is a username under name @mifa. Everyone from dallas FO ( sharing similar timeline with me) have received interview letter. Since @mifa and I have a similar timeline I just wanted to know if you have recieved your IL. Please reply if you see this message . Thank you.

Was my response not clear?

Only the principal selectee, unless you are cross charging your country of eligibility to your spouse in which case both need to meet it.
Only the principal cross charges, yes of course I meant a generic “you” and not YOU specifically seeing as I have no idea who you are.

Also, FYI A levels is the equivalent of a high school diploma for the UK for DV purposes.

Failed 5 bio walk-in attempts in 4 different locations (San Diego (x2), San Marcos, El Monte, Pomona).
3 locations were completely empty when I walked in.

Nice observation.
I think in general that if your interview hasn't been scheduled yet or is not coming up there is no need to worry about a failed walk-in attempt.

I think in general that if your interview hasn't been scheduled yet or is not coming up there is no need to worry about a failed walk-in attempt.
I usually think people should calm a little but don't think I agree with your statement. Since there is possibility that some IOs wait for background check to be completed before scheduling interview, having it done sooner will be better than later.

I usually think people should calm a little but don't think I agree with your statement. Since there is possibility that some IOs wait for background check to be completed before scheduling interview, having it done sooner will be better than later.
Sure, but considering that most appointments are scheduled for a couple of weeks after you receive the letter, if your interview has not been scheduled yet because as you suggest "some IOs wait for background check to be completed before scheduling," you won't have to wait much longer if you are unable to do a walk-in.

Hi,
There is a username under name @mifa. Everyone from dallas FO ( sharing similar timeline with me) have received interview letter. Since @mifa and I have a similar timeline I just wanted to know if you have recieved your IL. Please reply if you see this message . Thank you.
Hi
I haven't received the IL yet. I will update the spreadsheet when I received it.
A nice lady informed me about your comment here. I thank her for letting me know.

My case has been updated to say "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview." That update came 4 days after I provided my fingerprints in the Seattle field office.

How can I interpret this status? Is there any historical data, e.g. "after the case has that status, people usually receive the interview letter within a week?" or anything like that?
Mine was updated too. I talked with Emma and she said that the interview has been scheduled and I will get a notice by mail in 7 days. So I think that is what it means and you will be getting the notice soon. Good luck!

Hello!

First and foremost, we received our Green Cards in the mail today!!!!! (Started with DV Fee Payment sent on 26 April and ended with GC received today, 29 July....a little over 3 months)

I've said this before and I'll say it again.....thank you to everyone on this forum and especially to Mom and Susie :) All comments are helpful in one way or another, even if just for future knowledge or for someone else to look back on and learn from. How super lucky we are for Mom to volunteer her time to help us all - THANK YOU! Also thank you to Susie too. I know there are also some regular people who comment which is super helpful too! What an awesome forum to be a part of. We are/were Chicago FO and if I can help anyone else on this forum, please don't hesitate to ask as I would be more than happy to help - I will continue to check in regularly! Good luck to everyone in completing this process positively

Mom, can you please update my timeline on the spreadsheet as follows:

Status - E3 (I forgot to advise this previously)
Welcome Letter Issue Date - 07/21/2021
Welcome Letter Received - 07/26/2021
GC Received - 07/29/2021
EAD - leave blank (not applied for with AOS)
DS260 - leave blank (not submitted)
2NL from KCC - leave blank (never received)

Thank you!

Last edited:
I did, but it wasn't clear, and given this is a very unique year I am unsure exactly how accurate previous years in comparison would be? Also I see there are some people who have got their NYC interview letter at differing times (so not necessarily batched)?
Hi YouNeverKnow, I think we have been assigned to the same FO (ASC -> Long Island City). Despite Brooklyn, NYC (Manhattan) and Queens FOs are located in the same building, they cover different areas. People who already received their IL are - likely - under the NYC (Manhattan) jurisdiction, whilst we are under Queens FO. You can find this information in USCIS website (using you ZIP code). Similarly to your case, despite I have my biometric appointment scheduled for next Monday, I did not receive any IL yet. Probably our FO operates in a different way from NYC (Manhattan) FO. Hopefully, we will receive our IL in the next few weeks. For your reference you may find my timeline in the forum's spreadsheet.

Hi YouNeverKnow, I think we have been assigned to the same FO (ASC -> Long Island City). Despite Brooklyn, NYC (Manhattan) and Queens FOs are located in the same building, they cover different areas. People who already received their IL are - likely - under the NYC (Manhattan) jurisdiction, whilst we are under Queens FO. You can find this information in USCIS website (using you ZIP code). Similarly to your case, despite I have my biometric appointment scheduled for next Monday, I did not received any IL yet. Probably our FO operates in a different way from NYC (Manhattan) FO. Hopefully, we will receive our IL in the next few weeks. For your reference you may find my timeline in the forum's spreadsheet.
You might wanna use @ before his handle to notify him.