• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I am also in NYC. I received my bio letter on the 7/10 scheduled for Wednesday of this week (7/28). I had contacted the live agent twice to see whether my interview had yet been scheduled - the first time they told me its scheduled AFTER the bio is taken, the second time they just kept printing standard message of, it will be scheduled when appropriate please wait for notification in the mail, and did say it had NOT been scheduled yet. Today I asked for a callback for a Tier 2 and was told it will take 30 days.

I am worried that if I don't push now then it may end up not being processed in time given its almost 60 days left, but also I am not sure whether continuing to ask Emma / live agent has any benefit. I do monitor the spreadsheet to see if others with FO NYC have had their interview letter and most have? I sent my AOS on the 6/1 with NOA on 6/23 and Bio notice on 7/10 appointment 7/28. I would obviously like many others feel much more comfortable at least knowing I have an interview appointment booked.

Can anyone advise?

I am also in NYC. I received my bio letter on the 7/10 scheduled for Wednesday of this week (7/28). I had contacted the live agent twice to see whether my interview had yet been scheduled - the first time they told me its scheduled AFTER the bio is taken, the second time they just kept printing standard message of, it will be scheduled when appropriate please wait for notification in the mail, and did say it had NOT been scheduled yet. Today I asked for a callback for a Tier 2 and was told it will take 30 days.

I am worried that if I don't push now then it may end up not being processed in time given its almost 60 days left, but also I am not sure whether continuing to ask Emma / live agent has any benefit. I do monitor the spreadsheet to see if others with FO NYC have had their interview letter and most have? I sent my AOS on the 6/1 with NOA on 6/23 and Bio notice on 7/10 appointment 7/28. I would obviously like many others feel much more comfortable at least knowing I have an interview appointment booked.

Can anyone advise?
Did you express the sensitive timeline to the agent?

Can anyone advise?
Have you checked previous years to see if NY batches DV interviews?

Have you checked previous years to see if NY batches DV interviews?
I did, but it wasn't clear, and given this is a very unique year I am unsure exactly how accurate previous years in comparison would be? Also I see there are some people who have got their NYC interview letter at differing times (so not necessarily batched)?

Hello mom, I received my biometric letter today. Along with the appointment letter i received another form Applicant's Information Worksheet(AIW). Does everybody receive it along with the biometric appointment letter? Is it normal? What does this mean?

Hi everyone
I’m quite new here so apologies if my question is already asked.
Just wondering if anyone here is doing AOS in Portland? And received interview appointment? My case is 2021AS12xxx

So sorry to bring this up again. I am the one who was approved a few days ago and my and my wife’s cards were issued. Today our cards arrived, but my daughter’s case is still stuck at ”case was approved”. She did not receive her card with us. I was thinking she will receive it with us and there is a glitch in the system or something. She is a minor under 14, and we need to travel abroad very soon. Any advice? We received all our previous notices on the same exact day.

I did, but it wasn't clear, and given this is a very unique year I am unsure exactly how accurate previous years in comparison would be? Also I see there are some people who have got their NYC interview letter at differing times (so not necessarily batched)?
Batched means the interviews happen around the same time, not necessarily that the letters are sent at the same times

Q. Is it common for an Interview to be scheduled BEFORE the BIO as we get close to the end of FY?

Background -

Late last week I was notified via USPS Informed Delivery that a letter is on its way from USCIS (Field Office mailing address in NY)

Today I was notified that a letter is on its way from USCIS (National Benefits Center mailing address in MO)

I am out of town until early August so unfortunately can't access the mail yet :(

I understand from Tab 12 of the AOS Spreadsheet that the NBC schedules BIO appointments and the Field Office schedules Interviews (screen shot below).

When I saw the first letter notification last week, I contacted a live agent via EMMA to confirm if my BIO has been scheduled (they confirmed it was scheduled for 8/16).

When I saw the second letter notification today, I contacted a live agent via EMMA again to check if my Interview has been scheduled (they could not see an Interview scheduled, and told me they are not scheduled before the BIO).

So now I am wondering why I have two letters arriving from two different USCIS addresses if only my BIO appt is scheduled.

Does USCIS send a letter if you asked for a Tier 2 callback by any chance?
(I did that last week and was told it would take up to 30 days).

Or could Tier 1 agents on EMMA not be able to see scheduled Interviews if the letter only recently went out? If anyone has received an Interview notice before their BIO, I may need to get a neighbor to scan these letters to me so I can double check if I need to get back to NY earlier than planned... was hoping I could rely on the EMMA live agents having access to this info though!

View attachment 2818
Yes, my interview was today 07/26/2021 and my Bio is on 08/04/2021... The officer tried to see if she could get me in today as a walk-in but that did not work.
I will have to wait till i get the bio before she can make the decision... but all positive vibes from her.

Can anyone advise?
You got time. My NOA was June 3rd and I just have my bio booked today for August 18th. I’m aware most likely my interview won’t be booked well after my bio is completed.
So you are fine.

Wondering if anyone here put in an expedite request and gotten quick processing. Given that we have 66 days remaining till the end of FY, i imagine early processing [ even if one day] counts Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello mom, I received my biometric letter today. Along with the appointment letter i received another form Applicant's Information Worksheet(AIW). Does everybody receive it along with the biometric appointment letter? Is it normal? What does this mean?
That is normal.

Yes, my interview was today 07/26/2021 and my Bio is on 08/04/2021... The officer tried to see if she could get me in today as a walk-in but that did not work.
I will have to wait till i get the bio before she can make the decision... but all positive vibes from her.
Thanks for confirming! :) I can see from your timeline in the spreadsheet that you were given about 3 weeks notice for your BIO appt and 5 weeks notice for your Interview. My BIO appt has also been scheduled about 3 weeks from the BIO notice date. Hopefully my Interview notice (which presumably is the one sent from the Field Office address on Friday that I have yet to get home and read) will give me a similar 3-5 week advance notice period.

So sorry to bring this up again. I am the one who was approved a few days ago and my and my wife’s cards were issued. Today our cards arrived, but my daughter’s case is still stuck at ”case was approved”. She did not receive her card with us. I was thinking she will receive it with us and there is a glitch in the system or something. She is a minor under 14, and we need to travel abroad very soon. Any advice? We received all our previous notices on the same exact day.
Congratulations on getting your GC. Contact EMMA or call the USCIS 1800 number and request a tier 2 assistance with getting update on your daughter’s GC.

p.s. do add your timeline to the the timeline spreadsheet. The info will be useful to those currently waiting and future DV based AOSers. Thanks.

Last edited:
Are you listed on the timeline spreadsheet? I can't seem to find you. You need to equally list your own timeline, makes it easier for us to get a clearer picture of what could be possibly going on and advice you accordingly.

Wondering if anyone here put in an expedite request and gotten quick processing. Given that we have 66 days remaining till the end of FY, i imagine early processing [ even if one day] counts Thanks.
Can you add your timeline to the timeline spreadsheet? It provides a clearer picture of what is going on with your case in addition to the information being useful to others (same way I'm guessing others info has been useful to you).