• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi mom
The latest update we got from the embassy related to FTJ process is :

"The issue the embassy is having right now is, we did not process your ( primary applicant) immigrant visa and therefore you are still on the file and since you are "not ready for printing" we are unable to continue printing your wifes visa.
We are working with our colleagues in the US on fixing this computer system error but things are taking their time. We apologize for the delay"

Not sure what they say not ready for printing? . Your thoughts are appreciated
Just like they said, it sounds like a computer glitch that it won’t do it for a derivative because yours wasn’t done there and they are working on fixing it..

You have to continue to inform USCIS of address changes until you become a citizen.

Purpose:

The primary purpose for providing the requested information on this form is to report a change of address. Except for those exempted, all aliens in the U.S. are required to report any change of address or new address. DHS uses the information you provide to contact you about the immigration benefit you are seeking.

Disclosure:

The information you provide is mandatory. Failure to report a change of address may result in a fine, imprisonment and/or removal, as well as jeopardize your ability to obtain a future visa or other immigration benefits.
I just submitted the form and got my confirmation, is there anything to do other than that? Thank you btw for your support, really appreciate you Susie <3

OKay I contacted USCIS because I haven't received the NoA letter (almost 2 weeks)
they said that they already mailed the letter on July 12th and can take 10 days to arrive.
Should I contact USPS if I have lost mail?

Hi, my friends! We want to present my husband's job offer letter to an officer during our interview this Friday but we only have a pdf version which is signed electronically and details everything like name, job title, start date etc. Is it enough or we should ask for a particular form of a job offer letter from the company? Thanks!!

Hey @Blade_ , can you please tell me how did you get to know that your case file was placed under different category?

I had a chat with Emma today and the representative told me that my case was well within time and it normally takes 17 months for such case to complete, but she said that she wasn't able to provide the info on which category my case was plase under due to privacy policy.

So, what do you think I should do now? Any suggestions?

(I have submitted an expedite request)
Hey, Tier 1 told me, but she can be wrong. You can take a look at my posts to read about it.

Finally, My case get approved after more than 3 weeks from the interview. IO was very helpful and told me at the end of the interview , everything looks ok and he will approve the case as soon as he gets my KCC file. Thank you for everyone on this forum, specially sm1smon, Susie, Raphael 1889, and for every one who tried to answer any question. you are awesome and a great support for me during this journey. I have a question when the green card will be sent to my minor kid, it will be sent in the same envelope with mine or it will be sent in a separate one under his name, anyone received a kid green card this year??

Finally, My case get approved after more than 3 weeks from the interview. IO was very helpful and told me at the end of the interview , everything looks ok and he will approve the case as soon as he gets my KCC file. Thank you for everyone on this forum, specially sm1smon, Susie, Raphael 1889, and for every one who tried to answer any question. you are awesome and a great support for me during this journey. I have a question when the green card will be sent to my minor kid, it will be sent in the same envelope with mine or it will be sent in a separate one under his name, anyone received a kid green card this year??
Congrats!!!

Congratulations!
Each green card is sent in a separate envelope addressed to the green card holder.

Hello Everyone,

After reading several posts today, I decided to chat with Emma. My NOA arrived 28th of June. This is what I got. "The system shows a biometrics appointment notice was sent on 07/23/2021. Please allow 7 days for your notice to arrive. If it still has not arrived, call us back." So happy :)

Thank you, everyone.

Hi mom
The latest update we got from the embassy related to FTJ process is :

"The issue the embassy is having right now is, we did not process your ( primary applicant) immigrant visa and therefore you are still on the file and since you are "not ready for printing" we are unable to continue printing your wifes visa.
We are working with our colleagues in the US on fixing this computer system error but things are taking their time. We apologize for the delay"

Not sure what they say not ready for printing? . Your thoughts are appreciated
Looks like they're dealing with a computer glitch which they're already aware of and are working at fixing. Other than that, I cannot hazard a guess as to what else they could be alluding to.

Hi, my friends! We want to present my husband's job offer letter to an officer during our interview this Friday but we only have a pdf version which is signed electronically and details everything like name, job title, start date etc. Is it enough or we should ask for a particular form of a job offer letter from the company? Thanks!!
Yes, that is fine.

OKay I contacted USCIS because I haven't received the NoA letter (almost 2 weeks)
they said that they already mailed the letter on July 12th and can take 10 days to arrive.
Should I contact USPS if I have lost mail?
It will most likely show up in the next couple of days or so, unless of course you also used a lawyer, in which case the NOA could have been sent to your lawyer.

Yes. That is correct.
Sorry for sending new and new questions, but during the review of rejected package found out that they put my G-1145 in my child’s rejected application. I think it is because (as you mentioned before) they prefer to notify one person from multiple-packages cases and it is not an mistake and they made it on purpose, but still wanted to check with you that I may send it without worrying.

Q. Is it common for an Interview to be scheduled BEFORE the BIO as we get close to the end of FY?

Background -

Late last week I was notified via USPS Informed Delivery that a letter is on its way from USCIS (Field Office mailing address in NY)

Today I was notified that a letter is on its way from USCIS (National Benefits Center mailing address in MO)

I am out of town until early August so unfortunately can't access the mail yet :(

I understand from Tab 12 of the AOS Spreadsheet that the NBC schedules BIO appointments and the Field Office schedules Interviews (screen shot below).

When I saw the first letter notification last week, I contacted a live agent via EMMA to confirm if my BIO has been scheduled (they confirmed it was scheduled for 8/16).

When I saw the second letter notification today, I contacted a live agent via EMMA again to check if my Interview has been scheduled (they could not see an Interview scheduled, and told me they are not scheduled before the BIO).

So now I am wondering why I have two letters arriving from two different USCIS addresses if only my BIO appt is scheduled.

Does USCIS send a letter if you asked for a Tier 2 callback by any chance?
(I did that last week and was told it would take up to 30 days).

Or could Tier 1 agents on EMMA not be able to see scheduled Interviews if the letter only recently went out?
If anyone has received an Interview notice before their BIO, I may need to get a neighbor to scan these letters to me so I can double check if I need to get back to NY earlier than planned... was hoping I could rely on the EMMA live agents having access to this info though!

1627326036852.png

Q. Is it common for an Interview to be scheduled BEFORE the BIO as we get close to the end of FY?

Background -

Late last week I was notified via USPS Informed Delivery that a letter is on its way from USCIS (Field Office mailing address in NY)

Today I was notified that a letter is on its way from USCIS (National Benefits Center mailing address in MO)

I am out of town until early August so unfortunately can't access the mail yet :(

I understand from Tab 12 of the AOS Spreadsheet that the NBC schedules BIO appointments and the Field Office schedules Interviews (screen shot below).

When I saw the first letter notification last week, I contacted a live agent via EMMA to confirm if my BIO has been scheduled (they confirmed it was scheduled for 8/16).

When I saw the second letter notification today, I contacted a live agent via EMMA again to check if my Interview has been scheduled (they could not see an Interview scheduled, and told me they are not scheduled before the BIO).

So now I am wondering why I have two letters arriving from two different USCIS addresses if only my BIO appt is scheduled.

Or could Tier 1 agents on EMMA not be able to see scheduled Interviews if the letter only recently went out? If anyone has received an Interview notice before their BIO, I may need to get a neighbor to scan these letters to me so I can double check if I need to get back to NY earlier than planned... was hoping I could rely on the EMMA live agents having access to this info though!

View attachment 2818
Hi @CYNBLJ,
As mentioned last week, I reach out to EMMA on 7/22 to request an update on my bio and interview scheduling status, I was told my bio had been scheduled and I will receive the letter shortly and was told that they do not see any interview date scheduled and that will be taken care of after the bio. The following day I received the interview letter in the mail. So my understanding is that EMMA can see the bio but not the interview schedule (at least for us in NYC since we are linked to the same ASC/FO). And I think like me the 1st letter you received was the interview one and the 2nd one should be the bio one.

Background -

Or could Tier 1 agents on EMMA not be able to see scheduled Interviews if the letter only recently went out? If anyone has received an Interview notice before their BIO, I may need to get a neighbor to scan these letters to me so I can double check if I need to get back to NY earlier than planned... was hoping I could rely on the EMMA live agents having access to this info though!

View attachment 2818
There are a lot of people here who received their interview letter earlier than bio letter so be happy that your interview is probably appointed already ))