• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi mom, for my sponsorship my sponsor gave me a copy of his U.S passport which i included in the adjustment package. Do i need his originals for the interview? Thank you.

Hello all
My sponsor is filling out form I-134, and he is unsure whether to check anything here in the question about intention. To be clear, my sponsor is not going to be giving me an allowance, they will support me only if I need extra money and such.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
My case has been updated to say "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview." That update came 4 days after I provided my fingerprints in the Seattle field office.

How can I interpret this status? Is there any historical data, e.g. "after the case has that status, people usually receive the interview letter within a week?" or anything like that?

My case has been updated to say "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview." That update came 4 days after I provided my fingerprints in the Seattle field office.

How can I interpret this status? Is there any historical data, e.g. "after the case has that status, people usually receive the interview letter within a week?" or anything like that?
Does not mean anything by itself. There were people who waited a month after this update, there were people that waited few days after this update. Don't overthink these updates, hopefully you will receive an IL sooner than later.

Hello all
My sponsor is filling out form I-134, and he is unsure whether to check anything here in the question about intention. To be clear, my sponsor is not going to be giving me an allowance, they will support me only if I need extra money and such.
Then they can check the "I do not intend" option .

Hi. I had my Bio on 7/12 and have not yet received the interview letter. It's been over 2 weeks and I'm starting to get worried. Looking at the spreadsheet, it seems that the interview schedules are slower in California, but then there is one person who received the interview letter on the day of his/her bio schedule back in 7/7 at the same FO (San Jose). It seems I'm the next person up in San Jose FO as far as the spreadsheet goes and no one after me has had the interview letter yet.
It sounds like we just have to wait for it now but when should I start worrying and what actions should I take at that point?

05/12/2021 - Lockbox
06/10/2021 - NOA
06/24/2021 - Bio Letter
07/12/2021 - Bio Date
ASC - Salinas, CA
FO - San Jose, CA

Hi. I had my Bio on 7/12 and have not yet received the interview letter. It's been over 2 weeks and I'm starting to get worried. Looking at the spreadsheet, it seems that the interview schedules are slower in California, but then there is one person who received the interview letter on the day of his/her bio schedule back in 7/7 at the same FO (San Jose). It seems I'm the next person up in San Jose FO as far as the spreadsheet goes and no one after me has had the interview letter yet.
It sounds like we just have to wait for it now but when should I start worrying and what actions should I take at that point?

05/12/2021 - Lockbox
06/10/2021 - NOA
06/24/2021 - Bio Letter
07/12/2021 - Bio Date
ASC - Salinas, CA
FO - San Jose, CA
You can ask an agent if your interview has been scheduled. That will tell you if a letter is on the way.

I'm just hoping we don't go into lockdown with the rise in cases and if that happens would they extend the timeline?

i did file i824 after i received the green card - however the embassy has already gotten my file from USCIs before the i-824 was processed( i824 is still pending though).
I did not submit anything to KCC - embassy asked for ds260 confirmation and i assume they pulled the file from KCC because when i checked the ds260 portal - the status said it was transferred to my wifes home country
Thank you for your response. I have a couple of more Qs. I would appreciate it if you could give more info on this issues.

1- When you said you filed I-824, do you mean you did online application or you mailed the form to USCIS?
2- Why didn't you submit I-824 after your interview?
3- Did you attach supporting documents to I-824 or your wife took the documents with her to the interview?
4- How did your wife get informed about the interview time? Call, text, email or mail?
5- AFAIK there is a fee for I-824. When did you pay the fee?

Thanks again

Only the principal selectee, unless you are cross charging your country of eligibility to your spouse in which case both need to meet it.
Hi Susie,
That's a very specific caveat, do you have any guidance on where this would be stated or even why? Thanks!