• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi, everybody. What is difference between RFIE and RFE? I got RFE yesterday. What it can be? I didn't get mail yet? Is it usual something?

Hi everyone, just giving an update. We had our biometrics appointment today in NYC (the Long Island City ASC). It was extremely busy and we waited around 45 mins to eventually get seen. The process after that took around 5 mins and was very straight forward. We had our appointment notice stamped and that was it. Anyone attempting to do a walk-in to the LIC NY ASC may struggle, its always very very busy. Now we just hope to receive our interview letter!

Tried to contact a live agent through Emma. NOA was received on June 30-th. The agent told me that no appointments have been scheduled yet and the case is currently at NBC.
I asked about an expedite request as my case is time-sensitive - the answer was "no, you cannot do it". Even no options were provided.
I asked about Tier 2 agent, when can I use this option? The answer was "all you can do at this point is wait. USCIS will contact you if they need anything or when a decision is made".

I am very disappointed with this conversation. I tried to be polite and didn't claim anything, that didn't help. How did you guys request Tier 2 conversation or expedite your case?

What's this form about? Don't assume I know everything about everything.
Sorry, I should've explained it. This is the form that I found in our rep's portal for submitting issues with federal agencies. Since all the fields were required and I don't have any derivatives, I just put my name, hope that won't be an issue.

Hi @manish100. My field office is Atlanta too, currently in Alpharetta. Since our FO will be same, let’s keep each other posted on our process. There is one more in the spreadsheet from GA with name Sara. @manish100 if you can update your timeline in spreadsheet it will be helpful.
I am in sandy springs my bio is august 12. Have you got yours ? And have u tried to do walk in. I tried 2 times and they refused me

hi Mom,
my FO is Chicago IL and my case in FO(told by tier2 agent). she also told me , there is not time frame for intertview. I'm little concern for DV deadline. can I get intertview appointment if I start congressional inq at this point.
I'm certain you will get an IL with or without a congressional inquiry. Your FO is familiar with DV cases. You can initiate a congressional if you like or you can remain patient for.

Ok, understand. And your name is on the mailbox you use? You’ve received other uscis mail there?
did you call usps, they may still have it at the post office?
I live in an apartment and my mailbox doesn't show my name only the apt number like all other mailboxes. I'm so sad and upset, can't relax or sleep. I called the USPS they said it's the correct address but nobody knows why the driver did not deliver it. I went to the USPS office they could not help me. Now I got my case updated as the following:

Card Is Being Returned to USCIS by Post Office​

Just wanted to share my experience.
I received Bio letter yesterday (9 days after NOA). Today, I tried walking in 20 min before the close time-there was no one- and explained my situation (time sensitive case and FTJ). It WORKED! Thank you for everyone who shared their walk-in experiences. Now, next step! Waiting for the interview letter.
Forgot to mention my ASC is Pomona CA. People were super nice and helpful.
Lucky you :) I tried 2 times in Los Angeles and it didn't work. I can try Pomona.
My interview went well but the Biometrics is holding everything up.

I submitted the AOS to USCIS with a copy of my birth certificate and a certified translation of it, but no certified copy of the birth certificate. Same for my wife. I was told I could use copies before. However, on the interview instructions it seems like I need the original along with a certified copy. I don’t have access to my birth certificate since it is in Venezuela, and my interview is on Monday. How do I proceed?
The requirement has always been to submit copies of the documents and to take the original version to the interview. The IO may or may not request to see the original copies, nonetheless going to the interview fully prepared with the original documents has always been the way to go. If you can, send for the documents before your interview and hope they arrive before your interview. Otherwise, attend your interview as is, and hope the IO does not ask for the original document.

Do you mean travel abroad? if so call to make a uscis infopass appointment (I guess you need to do it quickly) to get an i551 stamp in your passport before you go, just in case something goes wrong with the card production.
Hi all,

i received a strange email today from USCIS saying

We have taken an action on your case, Sign in to your account to view your case status”​

but when I login to my USCIS it shows nothing at all, not case status nothing.

i have a bio scheduled on 08/10

what it can be?
That happens to me twice, one the update happened after 48 hours and the other time was a glitch from USCIS system and there is no update

UPDATE - MY INTERVIEW IS FINALLY SCHEDULED! :)

I asked someone to check my mail and open the letter which arrived from the USCIS NYC Field Office while I am out of town, and confirmed my Interview has been scheduled for 8/18 at the NYC Field Office (2 days after my BIO appt).

I still think it's weird that the live agents on EMMA haven't been able to see the Interview date in their system since the letter arrived this past week, but there you go...

FYI I also contacted a live agent via EMMA today to check if my case file has been sent to the NY Field Office yet (thankfully it has). Fingers crossed the interview and biometrics go smoothly, so a decision can be made soon afterwards!

Hi Mom,

I gave my biometrics in the first week of June. I am waiting for my interview to be scheduled since then but there is no information on that yet and it has been some time.

When I got my biometrics appointment, I also received a letter from Field Office Director saying that my Medical Examination is not submitted.
"To avoid any delays in processing your application, it is recommended that you submit a completed Form I-693. The Form I-693 must be in a sealed envelope .... You may bring the I-693 with you to your interview."

When I asked my lawyer, he said that I could take it to the interview and did not need to send it beforehand. But all the people around me got their interviews scheduled and I still didn't get mine. Might that be a reason? Should I send my Medical Examination for them to schedule the interview, or should I just wait for the interview letter?

Thank you!
Since the notice you got clearly states it is recommended that you submit your medical report "to avoid any delays in processing your application", you should have gone ahead and submitted it right away - I'm assuming they provided instructions for submitting the medical report or they did not? So yes, that may account for the delay you're experiencing. But before we can come to that conclusion, you need to provide more information about your case. When did you file? When did you receive your NOA? Which FO has jurisdiction over your case?

Hello friends,

Update on my case: I was scheduled for my interview today @ 8 am CST. (no biometric was scheduled for me as of today)

FO & ASC: Milwaukee, WI

After going thru security, I checked in @ interview reception on 2nd floor where the lady told me like where's your biometric record!? I explained the situation and she proceeded and had me waiting for the IO in the waiting room. After 10 min, the officer called me in for my interview. He was an experienced IO (like in his 60s) and was well aware of DV cases (seemed like every DV case was forwarded to him in this FO. Couple of AOSers from previous years had described his appearance and I guess he was the same IO)

The entire interview was very friendly; just couple of random questions from I-485 (current address, what you doing here in US, etc.)
Then he asked if I'm being paid and have any income? I explained that I'm a PhD student and have TA (the documents were already in my AOS package and he admitted being aware of them; just wanted to have a cool conversation)
After that he went thru Y/N questions of the I-485. As I had done the compulsory military service back home (Iran), he asked couple of questions about that part (like what you did, where was it, etc.).
@ the end, he asked if I wanna give him any additional documents? (and I handed him my 2020 tax transcripts, which I did not have @ the time of AOS filing)
Then he told me we're done here and lets go downstairs and do your fingerprints as well! (I was like, wow that's what I've been looking for! :) )
He got my passport and went in ASC and got my Bio letter (which was scheduled for 8/16/2021, and had NBC as sender) and told me to sit there till being called for the Bio. Finally, he mentioned that he should have the report (BG) within next 2 weeks.
I waited in ASC for like 40 min (it was really packed!) till I was called in, did the bio and left the ASC with stamped Bio letter.

Once again, I'd like to appreciate all you guys are doing in this fantastic forum. Indeed, best resource I came across for DV AOS. Special thanks to the most dedicated mom in DV world! @Sm1smom You are amazing and I don't know how to appreciate all you've done for all of us.
Wish all of friends all the best. (including myself, being cleared with BG check sooner!)

@raphael1899 you're amazing bro. Appreciate all your dedication and help here.
@jasperrrr.c @Blade_ GL friends with the rest of your journey.
This is awesome, @Milz I am so happy for you and glad that the IO didn't tell you to wait for your biometrics appointment to be scheduled. Fingers crossed your BC won't take too long!

Hi, everybody. What is difference between RFIE and RFE? I got RFE yesterday. What it can be? I didn't get mail yet? Is it usual something?
RFIE - Request For Initial Evidence
RFE - Request For Evidence
They both mean more or less the same thing. It means they need you to provide some additional evidence/document in support of your case. The notice will tell you what they need from you.

Sorry, I should've explained it. This is the form that I found in our rep's portal for submitting issues with federal agencies. Since all the fields were required and I don't have any derivatives, I just put my name, hope that won't be an issue.
Yes, you're both the petitioner and derivative in your case.