• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

It seems to me like the IO requested the visa number in advance of the interview, without the applicant having completed and cleared the background check. Also from the narration, it seems like they hadn't requested the KCC file either (OP mentioned having to provide the Administrative fee receipt, following which they now contacted KCC, and that the IO admitted this was their first DV based AOS experience). All the IO needed to do once everything was in order and they are ready to approve the case is to submit an electronic request for the DV visa within IVAMSWEB.
Thanks mom you are right. She definitely requested visa number before my interview and Bio. Right after the oath, her statement was “I have read your file, but DOS denied my visa request. Also, this is my first DV case and I don’t have much knowledge”. So I suggested KCC might thought I am filing with my wife but she’s a citizen so she should confirm from my profile. She replied it shows 1 applicant. Then I gave her my DV fee receipt because I suggested KCC could think I haven’t paid dv fee ( she had no idea of DV fee). Fortunately, she knows DV deadline and she assured approval would be done on or before September 30th.
Thanks Mom !!

Hey mom. Quick question. As my name on I-485 in their system is swapped (asked & explained in this thread before), should I continue to fill out my swapped name on the bio letter's applicant information worksheet (2nd page) where they ask for nam, dob, country of birth etc etc. Or should I fill out my correct name here?We received the bio letter yesterday and looking to do a walk-in this week and wanted to know how to fill out.

Thank you!
You can write your name on the worksheet as shown on the bio notice, BUT be sure to inform the technician when you go in for the bio that your name has been swapped. This will enable them conduct the background check with both name variations.

Hi Mom! Thank you for getting back to me :D

I am wondering if anyone has any tips on writing an email to KCC, I understand i have to put my case number as the subject, together with the email and my birthday (in the MMDDYYYY format). Wondering if there is any other common mistakes or formatting I should be following?
Just take a look at your 1NL and follow the instructions there on how to contact KCC, that's all.

Hello Sm1smom,
I filled AOS a couple of months ago. I received the interview letter, and I am scheduled to interview on Monday 08/01/2021. However, I have not received my biometrics letter. I called USCIS a couple of weeks ago, and they said I do not need to do biometrics before the interview. However, according to the AOS instructions of the google doc, I must do biometrics before the interview. How should I proceed?
No, the spreadsheet doesn't say anyone must complete the bio before the interview. The spreadsheet lists they typical order most cases take, however, it isn't unusual to have the interview completed before the bio happens.

Hello Everyone,

Following is the biometric appointment notice that I received today and it includes a section relate to covid 19 and state that you should appear on the scheduled date and time. Is this same for the people who received notices few weeks back? I was thinking to try walk in tomorrow but looks like they restricted it. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4861.jpg
    IMG_4861.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 30
Hello Everyone,

Following is the biometric appointment notice that I received today and it includes a section relate to covid 19 and state that you should appear on the scheduled date and time. Is this same for the people who received notices few weeks back? I was thinking to try walk in tomorrow but looks like they restricted it. Thanks
My letter looked the same back in April.

Hi!

I started via CP and then switched to AOS. I emailed KCC asking to move my case to AOS multiple times but have not received a response. I sent the DV fee and the check was cashed on June 12th, however I have not yet received a receipt yet. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to receive the DV AOS fee receipt?

Thank you and thank you for all the great info on this forum,

Best,
Leo
Some applicants did not include the receipt in their package and was accepted. They include a copy of the check. During my interview I was not asked to show the original receipt

Hello all,

My wife and I did our biometrics yesterday morning at the Revere, MA ASC. Here's a quick overview for all the other Boston area folks who are doing their biometrics in the coming weeks.

Our appointment was scheduled for 9am. We arrived at 8:35am and tried to enter the facility early. After checking our documents, the security guard asked us to wait 10 more minutes. After we entered the building, we had to wait briefly before taking the biometrics. The whole process took maybe 10 minutes and all the staff were nice. When we arrived, the parking lot was mostly empty but by the time we left, it was pretty full (maybe due to the RMV next door).

We both had more aliases than the worksheet space allowed, and the workers at the ASC just asked us to put the other aliases somewhere on the worksheet. In the evening after our biometrics, our statuses on the USCIS website changed to show that our fingerprints were taken.

Just wanted to share my experience.
I received Bio letter yesterday (9 days after NOA). Today, I tried walking in 20 min before the close time-there was no one- and explained my situation (time sensitive case and FTJ). It WORKED! Thank you for everyone who shared their walk-in experiences. Now, next step! Waiting for the interview letter.
Forgot to mention my ASC is Pomona CA. People were super nice and helpful.

Just wanted to share my experience.
I received Bio letter yesterday (9 days after NOA). Today, I tried walking in 20 min before the close time-there was no one- and explained my situation (time sensitive case and FTJ). It WORKED! Thank you for everyone who shared their walk-in experiences. Now, next step! Waiting for the interview letter.
Forgot to mention my ASC is Pomona CA. People were super nice and helpful.
@jasperrrr.c
Go for it!

Hello @Sm1smom,
Thanks for you response. I don’t have the originals for my high school certificate and birth certificate. I have copies and certified translations. Do you think that will be a problem?

Hey guys. Here is my walk-in attempt in SF Bay Area. I tried the walk-ins today at 3 ASCs with my bio letter.

1)SF( 20 min before closing. No one waiting)
2)Oakland (2 hours before closing and multiple ppl waiting outside. Seems busy)
3)San Jose ( 20 min before closing. No ppl waiting)

I told them mine is a time-sensitive case but all of them told me that they don’t do walk-ins.
The person from San Jose told me that they used to do walk-in pre-covid but they don’t do it anymore. The person told me that they have a periodic conference call with ASCs from the Bay Area & Portland & Seattle locations and they all follow the rule of “no walk-in” according to him.

not sure if I just had a bad luck or not but would like to evaluate what else we could do as our next step. If any of you had a success in the Bay Area, let me know!
( seems like people in LA had success today according to this forum?)

Hello @Sm1smom,
Thanks for you response. I don’t have the originals for my high school certificate and birth certificate. I have copies and certified translations. Do you think that will be a problem?
Do you have the originals of any degrees higher than the high school certificate and translated into English??

Hello @Sm1smom,
You should have the original of your birth certificate for any i485 interview (DV or other). For DV education requirements IO may or may not be lenient about high school if you have a higher education certificate to show. Ideally you should make an effort to get these documents.